FREE SCCY PISTOL Under Their Warranty!!!

User Reviews of Shooting Products and Accessories. New holster, mag, gun lubricant, etc... tell us about it!
End User reviews only.

FREE SCCY PISTOL Under Their Warranty!!!

Postby jim1117 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:59 pm

Hello.
I had a SCCY pistol stolen from my car in November 2013. Called the police and filed a report on it.
And no, I did not report the stolen pistol to either my car or home insurers...not a good idea I would think.
Then this last November I was watching You Tube videos about SCCY pistols and heard someone say the company would even replace a stolen pistol under warranty. That caught my attention!
I called them and talked to Danice about it.
She told me all I needed to do was get a police report and e-mail that along with my bill of sale and they would replace it...no questions asked.
Then she asked me what color I wanted and I told her.
It took a little while with the holidays and SHOT show but it arrived on Monday and it is a beauty!
So this is a BIG hats off to SCCY and their no questions asked warranty!!!
Thanks SCCY!
Jim
jim1117

Re: FREE SCCY PISTOL Under Their Warranty!!!

Postby tripleb » Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:31 pm

OUTSTANDING !!!!!
tripleb
Seasoned Member

Postby mikie » Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:52 pm

You can't beat that with a sick. What color combination did you get?
mikie
Forum Regular

Postby getvicious » Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:06 pm

jim1117 - You're the 1st (and only) person I've ever heard of to take advantage of that piece of the warranty. It's good to hear it worked out, even though I bet you'd rather not have needed to use that piece of the warranty. Congrats on the new CPX.
It's not the blast that kills you - It's the tumble to the bottom of the 800 foot crater.....
getvicious@yahoo.com
getvicious
Topic Moderator

Postby jim1117 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:55 am

mikie wrote:You can't beat that with a sick. What color combination did you get?

Hello Mikie.
I got the Black and FDE finish, with no safety...beautiful!!!
Jim
jim1117

Postby sccytoter » Sat Feb 14, 2015 6:31 pm

Wow, never would have imagined that! Outstanding. :shock:
Semper Fi Mac!
sccytoter
Veteran Member

Postby mi77915 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:51 pm

AWESOME!!!!! SCCY has the best warranty/customer service ANYWHERE!! :D
Tom
Michigan CPL
NRA Member
mi77915
Seasoned Member

Postby CPX2andPF9OwnerinKC » Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:06 am

Me too! Had both my CPX2gen2 and PF9 stolen from car parked in my parents driveway in broad daylight at 1pm on a Sunday afternoon, in full view of the church parking lot about 200 yards away that was full of churchgoers! They rifled thru the glove compartment and center console, neither one lockable but the specific spots our Missouri laws tell us we can carry a loaded gun without a permit, probably didn't take them more than a minute.

I filed a police report immediately over the phone, and after reading your post, I called SCCY last week and they had me fax them the report, original receipt, and copy of FFL for transfer and said I should have it in a few days. Danice said it would be the same color as the original, in my case Black/Black.

I just ordered a small locking safe for my car, or should I say lock box, as safes are more secure than what I bought for $19 at Amazon, a Sentry Safe that opens with either a keypad or key, and that attaches with a cable into my Volt to overcome the fact that I don't have a real trunk, its a hatchback. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004M1 ... PDKIKX0DER

BTW, on insurance, the theft would have been covered by homeowners, not auto, so deductible of $1K. If I would have called my State Farm agent, they would have written it all up as I told them what happened and filed the claim automatically, then told me it didn't meet my HO deductible and I would have had a strike against my homeowners for nothing. So don't call your insurance agent, just call SCCY!

I called Keltec too and they were just as amazed when I told them SCCY was replacing my CPX2 and didn't even come close to considering replacing my PF9.

Given that CPX's are designed to be compact carry guns, and society requires that even we licensed CCW holders have to disarm in certain places, the replacement offer from SCCY sets it head and shoulders above the competition. In my case, my daily CCW is an even smaller/lighter single stack LC9s but the CPX2 was and once I get its replacement will still be my "car gun" for days I don't leave the house carrying the LC9s.
CPX2andPF9OwnerinKC
Forum Regular

Postby MARINE DIVISION TWO » Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:33 am

SCCY,OUTSTANDING ! And still waiting on a Single Stack SCCY ?
MARINE DIVISION TWO
Veteran Member

Postby CPX2andPF9OwnerinKC » Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:24 pm

MARINE DIVISION TWO wrote:SCCY,OUTSTANDING ! And still waiting on a Single Stack SCCY ?

You betcha, what 3-4 yrs now.....its been right around the corner? By now, hope they incorporate a striker fired trigger too so its the best of both worlds, as light as a PF9 with the trigger of the LC9S, and made by SCCY with their customer service who you can actually call and talk to.
CPX2andPF9OwnerinKC
Forum Regular

Re: FREE SCCY PISTOL Under Their Warranty??

Postby VENGEANCE » Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:36 am

I was shopping for another CPX online and tried to look up the Warranty details but can't find much on the SCCY website. There doesn't seem to be any reference to the Theft Replacement warranty, except in Forums and blogs. I heard there has been a change in the warranty in the past couple of years, but I bought my first SCCY about 11 months ago and the salesman pitched the Theft replacement then...I took his word for it. I thought I would verify before buying another one but can't find anything about it on SCCY.com. So I dug up my original box and manual and no reference to a theft warranty in the original manual either. Does anyone remember seeing it in writing anywhere? I sent an email to SCCY a few minutes ago also...I'll post the response when I get it.
VENGEANCE

Re: FREE SCCY PISTOL Under Their Warranty??

Postby getvicious » Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:32 am

VENGEANCE wrote:I was shopping for another CPX online and tried to look up the Warranty details but can't find much on the SCCY website. There doesn't seem to be any reference to the Theft Replacement warranty, except in Forums and blogs. I heard there has been a change in the warranty in the past couple of years, but I bought my first SCCY about 11 months ago and the salesman pitched the Theft replacement then...I took his word for it. I thought I would verify before buying another one but can't find anything about it on SCCY.com. So I dug up my original box and manual and no reference to a theft warranty in the original manual either. Does anyone remember seeing it in writing anywhere? I sent an email to SCCY a few minutes ago also...I'll post the response when I get it.

The warranty is covered in the manual and SCCY's web site (http://www.sccy.com/warranty).

Keep your receipt. jim1117 used the "replace stolen gun" feature late last year (see the post above from Feb 11, 2015 2:59 pm. He called SCCY and was told "get a police report and e-mail that along with my bill of sale and they would replace it" - and apparently they did.

SCCY released the news about the stolen gun replacement in an interview that was on youtube. The best thing is call and speak to them. SCCY isn't real good about documentation but has continued to honor the warranty things they've talked about (like the stolen gun replacement) quite well. They change their web site now and then and info disappears and reappears there. They also have a FB page but it's not set up to be a documentation site - it's for marketing.
It's not the blast that kills you - It's the tumble to the bottom of the 800 foot crater.....
getvicious@yahoo.com
getvicious
Topic Moderator

Postby VENGEANCE » Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:36 am

I read that post. I found it while looking for the warranty info. I appreciate you checking on it. Obviously you found the exact same thing I did.....NADA. I just never heard of a company with a "verbal" warranty before. Below is the SCCY web page text from the link you posted, Verbatim. I also attached a screen shot of the web page. I kept searching, even archived pages but still haven't found any reference to theft. I'm still waiting on a response from SCCY but it's only been a few hours. I'm certainly hoping the response from SCCY will be positive. I'll keep you posted. Thanks.

by getvicious » Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:32 am

VENGEANCE wrote:
I was shopping for another CPX online and tried to look up the Warranty details but can't find much on the SCCY website. There doesn't seem to be any reference to the Theft Replacement warranty, except in Forums and blogs. I heard there has been a change in the warranty in the past couple of years, but I bought my first SCCY about 11 months ago and the salesman pitched the Theft replacement then...I took his word for it. I thought I would verify before buying another one but can't find anything about it on SCCY.com. So I dug up my original box and manual and no reference to a theft warranty in the original manual either. Does anyone remember seeing it in writing anywhere? I sent an email to SCCY a few minutes ago also...I'll post the response when I get it.

The warranty is covered in the manual and SCCY's web site (http://www.sccy.com/warranty).

FROM SCCY.COM/WARRANTY:
Warranty
The model CPX firearm is warranted to be free from defect(s) in material and workmanship for a lifetime from the date of purchase.

Turnround time is approximately two days from date of receipt (subject to change without notice).

WARNING: Modifying the firearm from its original design may cause serious injury and/or death.

In the event your firearm requires service outside the warranty period, SCCY Industries will contact you and give you an estimate of charges before any work is performed. Upon approval, SCCY Industries will require all charges to be paid-in-full before the firearm is shipped back to you to your original address.

In the event of a warranty repair, contact the factory at 866-729-7599 and speak with the service department before shipping your firearm for service.
Attachments
SCCY_Warranty_webPage.png
VENGEANCE

Return to Product User Reviews