CPX-2 front sight gap standard or not?

User Reviews of Shooting Products and Accessories. New holster, mag, gun lubricant, etc... tell us about it!
End User reviews only.

Re: CPX-2 front sight gap standard or not?

Postby arcus10mm » Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:46 pm

because i have some beach front property for sale in Arizona
arcus10mm
Veteran Member

Postby getvicious » Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:47 pm

What's wrong with using glue?

The skirt at the bottom of the 1st stage of the Peacekeeper ICBM was glued on. It held the weight of the missile in the launcher. Worked well enough for an ICBM with several nuclear bombs as the payload.
It's not the blast that kills you - It's the tumble to the bottom of the 800 foot crater.....
getvicious@yahoo.com
getvicious
Topic Moderator

Postby arcus10mm » Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:12 pm

arcus10mm wrote:agree shoot the thing there may or may not be other issues-----supper glue is a "temp" fix as i use it on the front frame pin good for 150 rds
right glue for the right job -----it should have come from SCCY epoxy-ed and the the front pins its gotto be non permanent it may have to be dissembled for for repair ---for "FREE" supper glue is what we poor folk got---now lets talk DUCT TAPE............................
arcus10mm
Veteran Member

Postby Engineerbandit » Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:58 pm

Just another update! I called sccy service again they are sending me out new pins. After I got off the phone this morning I went and shot another 100 rounds of wwb, and 2 boxes of Tulammo. Front pin walked out ever 3 magazines only about 3/8 an inch. Pop it back it bang bang walked out again. I did notice my ejector is really loose ( side to side)...with a round count upwards of 350 and its chambered and ejected every single round flawlessly. Point of impacts high at 7 yards and a tad high at 15 yards smooths out at 25 yards. Thanks
Engineerbandit

Postby getvicious » Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:43 pm

Ejector side to side play is normal with a CPX. Has been since the beginning.
It's not the blast that kills you - It's the tumble to the bottom of the 800 foot crater.....
getvicious@yahoo.com
getvicious
Topic Moderator

Postby Engineerbandit » Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:24 pm

getvicious wrote:Ejector side to side play is normal with a CPX. Has been since the beginning.

I figured it was within specs lol so far so good with it eating everything. One think I did notice my father-in-law has the same cpx-2 his guide for is flush with the end of the slide. My guid rod seems to protrud I/8 of an inch past the slide. If you put it barrel first in the table the guide rod will hit the table first. Again not a reliability issue haut a general question if anyone has any insight on that subject. I thought about getting my local machine shop to make front serrations on the front of the slide mainly on the right hand side..would sccy frown on that if it goes in for service?
Engineerbandit

Postby Engineerbandit » Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:33 pm

parkerd wrote:" ejected every single round flawlessly."

Having the pin walk out when the rounds eject is not "flawlessly" - like saying "it ejected ever round flawlessly, but the gun blew up"

Just saying...

I walk the line...

Thanks for your always insightful post P. EVERYONE Stand and clap bc he blessed us with another post. Your mad bc you bought a 200. Pistol and said man this things gonna be better than those m&p's or the nasty glocks!! Now your an anti sccy'er?? Tell us how you really feel brother. Thanks again for your post
Engineerbandit

Postby getvicious » Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:05 pm

Engineerbandit wrote:
getvicious wrote:Ejector side to side play is normal with a CPX. Has been since the beginning.

I figured it was within specs lol so far so good with it eating everything. One think I did notice my father-in-law has the same cpx-2 his guide for is flush with the end of the slide. My guid rod seems to protrud I/8 of an inch past the slide. If you put it barrel first in the table the guide rod will hit the table first. Again not a reliability issue haut a general question if anyone has any insight on that subject. I thought about getting my local machine shop to make front serrations on the front of the slide mainly on the right hand side..would sccy frown on that if it goes in for service?

SCCY has used about 5 different versions of recoil rod assembly since 2010. You may just have a different version than your Father In Law.

I just took a good look at mine. It sticks out slightly beyond the slide, about the same as the muzzle but no farther than the muzzle does.
getvicious@yahoo.com
getvicious
Topic Moderator

Postby Engineerbandit » Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:50 pm

I just took a good look at mine. It sticks out slightly beyond the slide, about the same as the muzzle but no farther than the muzzle does.[/quote]

If you don't mind my asking when did you purchase that particular one? Vicious
Engineerbandit

Postby getvicious » Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:16 am

Engineerbandit wrote:I just took a good look at mine. It sticks out slightly beyond the slide, about the same as the muzzle but no farther than the muzzle does.

If you don't mind my asking when did you purchase that particular one? Vicious

I got this one in spring 2012.
getvicious@yahoo.com
getvicious
Topic Moderator

Previous

Return to Product User Reviews