Anyone consider a Sneaky Pete?

User Reviews of Shooting Products and Accessories. New holster, mag, gun lubricant, etc... tell us about it!
End User reviews only.

Anyone consider a Sneaky Pete?

Postby Thorn » Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:28 pm

Im considering this because Im finding that the IWB holster I have doesnt alway keep a grip on my belt/pants. So when I pull, out comes the holster too. I like the fact that the Sneaky Pete is OWB, but completely covers the gun. I figure if someone asks, Ill tell them its my medication.

Whats yalls opinion of this holster?
http://www.sneakypeteholsters.com/sccy- ... belt-clip/
Thorn

Re: Anyone consider a Sneaky Pete?

Postby Whitebear620 » Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:49 pm

I've thought about getting one in the ballistic nylon for weekends when I'm just going around in cargo shorts and weddings or other formal things where I'd probably be wearing a suit jacket most of the time, but it'd still be covered if I choose to remove my jacket and just hang out in my vest. Mostly it's the price that keeps me away, not that it's an unfair price, something of more priority (ammo, mags, ect.) always comes up.

What IWB holster and clips are you using? I carry in an Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 3.0, I found their standard clips tended to come off my belt, I switched to their "C" clips and they stay on my belt now.
Whitebear620

Postby sccytoter » Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:26 pm

I carry mine in an OWB Bianchi holster only...I hate IWB. The CPX is a bit big for pocket carry, but with the right pants, I have been able to pull it off.
Semper Fi Mac!
sccytoter
Veteran Member

Postby Whitebear620 » Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:56 pm

I really prefer OWB over IWB, but concealment options in FL with OWB aren't that easy :whist:
Whitebear620

Postby AtlantaKen » Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:41 am

I recently purchased a SP for a smaller gun - a Kahr P380. I got the ballastic nylon one - here's an observation that I think would also be applicable to the one for the SCCY. The ballastic one only comes with metal clips, no belt loops. The bottom of the metal clips are not flat and have a slant to them, so if you are wearing a thicker gun belt they don't securely wrap around the bottom of the belt. Since they don't lock around the belt the SP can be easily removed by twisting it or pushing it up from the bottom - I've found it partially disconnected when exiting the car. I'd recommend the leather with belt loops or the nylon if it ever comes with belt loops. Or it may be OK if used on a thinner belt.
AtlantaKen

Postby Whitebear620 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:03 pm

I've saw that the nylon only comes with the clips. Is it possible to remove those clips, how are they attached? I dabble in Kydex, it wouldn't be a hard thing to make some loops out of Kydex for it.
Whitebear620

Postby blackie » Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:55 am

I still prefer the Ramora for the CPX2
blackie

Postby Whitebear620 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:09 pm

I've tried a Remora with a clip, didn't work for me. Although I think the stand Remora would work much better. But it's still an IWB holster, the advantage to the Sneaky Pete being that it is an OWB holster that is still concealed for those of use who cannot open carry.
Whitebear620

Postby sccytoter » Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:45 pm

Whitebear620 wrote:I really prefer OWB over IWB, but concealment options in FL with OWB aren't that easy :whist:
We used to live in Naples, so invest in some oversized Hawaiian shirts. I still wear those here in Indiana! Lol.
Semper Fi Mac!
sccytoter
Veteran Member

Postby Whitebear620 » Sun Dec 25, 2016 11:25 pm

sccytoter wrote:
Whitebear620 wrote:I really prefer OWB over IWB, but concealment options in FL with OWB aren't that easy :whist:
We used to live in Naples, so invest in some oversized Hawaiian shirts. I still wear those here in Indiana! Lol.

The only thing I can think of when I see Hawaiian shirts is that guy from Jurassic Park....

Whitebear620

Postby Thorn » Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:44 pm

I finally settled on an Alien Gear Cloak 3.0 and a Mod OWB combo. I found the IWB is very comfortable and doesnt retain heat at all. If you wear the correct size jeans and dont cinch the belt too tight, its actually very comfortable. I have mine at the 4 o'clock position but would rather have it in the front. Im still experimenting but can honestly say the I love it.
Thorn

Return to Product User Reviews