Don Hume J.I.T.

User Reviews of Shooting Products and Accessories. New holster, mag, gun lubricant, etc... tell us about it!
End User reviews only.

Don Hume J.I.T.

Postby 2guntom » Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:38 am

The JIT holster works.  The clearance between the grip and the top of the holster is a little tight.  I can still acquire the gun, but the pinky extenders on the mags are necessary.  I wish there was a little more clearance so I could switch to the flat mag floor plates for better concealability.

And, I certainly wish that Don Hume made this in a left handed model.  I prefer to have a gun for each hand, AND a backup...
2guntom
Seasoned Member

Postby 2guntom » Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:26 pm

And this gets more interesting as it goes...

The original holster I was using came into the store with a Kel-Tec P11.  It is a right-handed #53-111.  The 53-111 is for a Taurus Millenium PT-111 9mm.  I found that quite interesting.

I went to a gunshow in Gray, TN and found "the Don Hume" dealer that always has a table full of J.I.T. holsters.  I told him I wanted a holster, but left-handed.  I didn't think it was possible.  He checked a cross-reference chart (that I would like to have!) and gave me a #40-FS.  This is for a S&W Sigma 380.  This holster holds the gun snuggly, and gives me enough clearance to get my hand on the grip properly.

According to the Don Hume holster chart  www.donhume.com/downloads/DonHume06-holsterchart.pdf the official holster is #80-1.  I wonder how that one fits?
2guntom
Seasoned Member

Return to Product User Reviews