Broken Ejector

Reports from the Firing Line. Let us know how the shooting went and don't forget to post some pictures!

Re: Broken Ejector

Postby FloridaPilot » Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:03 pm

Mrbone wrote:It can be very dangerous if you think you cleared your gun. even if you rack the slide a bunch of times the round will just stick and re chamber. Scary

That's why it's always important to verify the chamber is cleared visually, every time. If I can't see into the chamber, I feel it to ensure there's no round seated. Just racking the slide is never enough, imo.
FloridaPilot
Forum Regular

Postby JSferrazza » Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:06 pm

Just to update...

Talked to SCCY today, and they're shipping my a new ejector to replace my broken one. The weird thing is that they made me provide an FFL dealer's info to have it shipped there, stating that they cannot just ship this part directly to me. I thought this was very odd since they directly shipped me a new takedown pin and guide rod/spring assembly a few weeks ago.

Has this happened to anyone else?
JSferrazza

Postby Mrbone » Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:15 pm

They have sent me a whole slide before in the mail... :lol: silly. Ive had them tell me they wouldnt ship parts before, and then some member here would post how they got the same part i requested mailed to them when i was denied. Great company.
Last edited by Mrbone on Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mrbone
Veteran Member

Postby JSferrazza » Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:20 pm

Even stranger is that I called a local gun shop to tell them I was having the part shipped there, and they said that I would have to do a background check to pick it up - what?!

I can pass the background check without any issues, but was shocked that they were going to make me do one to pick up a part for a gun that I bought at their store hahaha.

Called another gun shp, and no background check required. Let's just saw I was thoroughly confused in gun manufacturers amd shops after talking to the first shop and SCCY today.
JSferrazza

Postby getvicious » Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:03 am

JSferrazza - A while back SCCY announced they would no longer send parts to users. They would require the pistol be sent to them for any repair. Then a little later people started reporting SCCY would send users some parts - but not some other parts, they were selective - but they would only send the parts thru an FFL.

That seems to be SCCY's partial answer to not wanting to send parts directly to users.

A background check for a non-serially controlled part which is not a handgun.... do you need a background check to buy a magazine or replacement sights or cool new grip panels? Tells you which FFL is in the business to rip off customers doesn't it?
It's not the blast that kills you - It's the tumble to the bottom of the 800 foot crater.....
getvicious@yahoo.com
getvicious
Topic Moderator

Postby FloridaPilot » Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:57 am

I spoke with SCCY yesterday about changing the frame color on my pistol. I originally purchased orange as I do a lot of hiking and camping, and being able to visually identify the sidearm in the woods is a plus.

Anyhow, orange in every other scenario just seems silly, so I want to change colors to a standard black, grey, or FDE. I asked them if I paid for a new grip how much it would be and if I could get it shipped and change it myself. The reps response was that due to issues with some of their distributors (she specified not all of them, but a select few), they've had contract problems shipping certain parts directly to customers. She made it seem as if there is some discrepancy with a distributor between what is an "aftermarket accessory" and what is a "replacement part."

Not sure how much I believe that, or what the true nature of that is, but that's the response I got. Anyway, I was told the frame would be shipped to an FFL. I live in Orlando, so I'm just going to make the 45 minute drive one day and pick up a new frame in person. She said that was acceptable. As far as the background check, I agree with other posters - that FFL just wants to make some money.
FloridaPilot
Forum Regular

Postby economod » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:21 am

Seems like any parts beyond a general field-strip get special treatment.
Uppers and magazines seem to ship directly to owners.
But if a part requires a mallet for replacement, such as a new frame or ejector, a dealer gets involved.
Their wholesale distributors are at the heart of their business model. Perhaps it's determined regionally.
If your orange frame was cracked, would they ship a new orange frame to you for free, under warranty?
Idunno ... just an observation ... sold that dog.
2016 SCCY WOOD SHIMS > viewtopic.php?p=50025#p50025
9mm AMMO LENGTH > viewtopic.php?p=48248#p48248
CPX2 DESTROYED > viewtopic.php?p=51413#p51413
economod
Veteran Member

Postby economod » Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:35 pm

SCCY shows 25 commercial distributors > http://www.sccy.com/sales/commercial-distributors/
hierarchy ... sccy > commercial distributor > ffl/lgs > public

perhaps ...
Commercial distributors are the interface (middle-man) between SCCY and FFL/LGS.
Commercial distributors have exclusive rights to stock/sell in their region (boundaries, tangled web).
FFL/LGS buys from one of them, depending on geographic location.
Perhaps the commercial distributors do not stock/sell any parts ... only guns.
SCCY doles out warranty parts, has no retail structure for parts sales, needs a separate business division.
SCCY not setup to sell parts, so each transaction between SCCY and public is treated independently, CS.
SCCY not setup to produce retail parts ... 100% production toward assembled units.
Minimal warranty parts, fewer people, less inventory, bare knuckle longevity, 380 smoke, dtrump, etc.

But, why have a parts price list in the instruction manual if parts are not for sale?
Or is a parts price list in the instruction manual no longer provided new-in-box, or online?
Maybe sccy sells parts on Facebook?
I dunno.
economod
Veteran Member

Postby Merc6 » Sun Jul 31, 2016 5:28 am

FloridaPilot wrote:I spoke with SCCY yesterday about changing the frame color on my pistol. I originally purchased orange as I do a lot of hiking and camping, and being able to visually identify the sidearm in the woods is a plus.

Anyhow, orange in every other scenario just seems silly, so I want to change colors to a standard black, grey, or FDE. I asked them if I paid for a new grip how much it would be and if I could get it shipped and change it myself. The reps response was that due to issues with some of their distributors (she specified not all of them, but a select few), they've had contract problems shipping certain parts directly to customers. She made it seem as if there is some discrepancy with a distributor between what is an "aftermarket accessory" and what is a "replacement part."

Not sure how much I believe that, or what the true nature of that is, but that's the response I got. Anyway, I was told the frame would be shipped to an FFL. I live in Orlando, so I'm just going to make the 45 minute drive one day and pick up a new frame in person. She said that was acceptable. As far as the background check, I agree with other posters - that FFL just wants to make some money.

They said send the whole gun back and $70 for them to do it (FDE) and send me the old one (Black) back. Slim slide lock send back or FFL where they can install or just hand to me.
SCCY CPX-2 CB SOLD
SW1911SC E Series 2- Tone .45 Auto
Glock 17 Gen 3
PF940 V1.5
Remington 870 Express
Merc6
Seasoned Member

Postby economod » Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:55 am

economod wrote:...
But, why have a parts price list in the instruction manual if parts are not for sale?
Or is a parts price list in the instruction manual no longer provided new-in-box, or online?

Parts pricing has been deleted in the newly published online manual.
Perhaps the parts restrictions are a consent to heightened federal scrutiny, rather than a chosen business policy.
Perhaps not.

" ... terrified beyond the capacity for rational thought."

imband
economod
Veteran Member

Postby economod » Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:33 am

JSferrazza wrote:Even stranger is that I called a local gun shop to tell them I was having the part shipped there, and they said that I would have to do a background check to pick it up - what?!
Called another gun shp, and no background check required. Let's just saw I was thoroughly confused in gun manufacturers amd shops after talking to the first shop and SCCY today.

curious ... Do both gun shops keep sccy in-stock?

imband
economod
Veteran Member

Postby Merc6 » Sun Sep 04, 2016 1:18 am

LOL great, I may have to background check for the slide lock I couldn't get in the mail with the other parts?
SCCY CPX-2 CB SOLD
Glock 17 Gen 3
PF940 V1.5
Remington 870 Express
Merc6
Seasoned Member

Re: Broken Ejector - Fix 1 of 2

Postby Merc6 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:49 pm

getvicious wrote:Got my new ejector and pin from SCCY this past week. I put the new part in yesterday evening. Basically remove the slide - knock old pin out - lift out old ejector - place new ejector in gun - tap new pin in place - put the slide back on the gun.

A pretty easy fix. I'll shoot it tomorrow for a good test and post how it works.

The pics below show the details of the fix...

Fix Ejector 01 Text.jpg

Fix Ejector 02 Text.jpg

Fix Ejector 03 Text.jpg

Fix Ejector 04 Text.jpg

Fix Ejector 05 Text.jpg

Fix Ejector 06 Text.jpg

OK glad I found this again! Was looking all over for it and glad the pins for the receiver can stay where they are for this.

Merc6 wrote:They said send the whole gun back and $70 for them to do it (FDE) and send me the old one (Black) back. Slim slide lock send back or FFL where they can install or just hand to me.

This was one of the parts that finally came with the ejector! Didn't realize I waited that long for it.
SCCY CPX-2 CB SOLD
Glock 17 Gen 3
PF940 V1.5
Remington 870 Express
Merc6
Seasoned Member

Postby Merc6 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:34 pm

This how to just helped me out. I swore there was a video but it ended up being everthing but this. I'm on my 3rd one in a year and a half. Not sure what is causing it. Last one only lasted me 4 months and maybe 800 rounds. Will call tomorrow and order a new one to have on hand with another captured spring guide rod.
SCCY CPX-2 CB SOLD
Glock 17 Gen 3
PF940 V1.5
Remington 870 Express
Merc6
Seasoned Member

Postby wrench459 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:16 pm

This thread looks like a good place to ask a question.
Has anyone found a way to tune the ejector-extractor to kick the spent shells out in a more even way?
This weekend I got noodled in the forehead by a hot casing.
My wife had one hit her chest ouch!
wrench459
Veteran Member

PreviousNext

Return to Range Reports