1st Time Out - CPX2 PURRS LIKE A KITTEN !!

Reports from the Firing Line. Let us know how the shooting went and don't forget to post some pictures!

Re: 1st Time Out - CPX2 PURRS LIKE A KITTEN !!

Postby Airbrush Artist » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:38 pm

TechDiver wrote:'Hickok45' and the 'GunTortureTest' guy on YouTube are pretty good.

Both of these guys sold me on the SCCY CPX-@ after a back and forth on some other 9mm,I have a Beretta PX4 Storm 9mm sub compact ,once I get the CPX tuned in ,it will be just as good as the Beretta..for about $425 less...
Airbrush Artist
Seasoned Member

Postby 89grand » Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:46 am

Airbrush Artist wrote:
TechDiver wrote:'Hickok45' and the 'GunTortureTest' guy on YouTube are pretty good.

Both of these guys sold me on the SCCY CPX-@ after a back and forth on some other 9mm,I have a Beretta PX4 Storm 9mm sub compact ,once I get the CPX tuned in ,it will be just as good as the Beretta..for about $425 less...

Regardless of price difference, the Storm and Nano are embarrassing to be seen with. One notch above a Hi-Point in the looks department. Even if they work, they look dumb as hell.

I thought the ridiculously high bore axis of the lame Springfield XD series was bad...until I saw the Berettas.
I'm a lead farmer mother ******!
89grand
Seasoned Member

Postby 89grand » Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:42 am

parkerd wrote:Yep, that's my criteria for a reliable firearm.....how pretty it is and the "embarrassment" factor.

Yeah, you're right. Reliability is THE most important factor. I admit though, just like with women, the appearance is the first thing about a gun that makes me take a second look. That of course doen't mean much as the gun can easily be a POS. I usually ignore guns that I hate the look of, like many Taurus and Beretta's, but many may be completely reliable guns.
I'm a lead farmer mother ******!
89grand
Seasoned Member

Postby DoulosXristou » Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:53 am

89grand wrote:
parkerd wrote:Yep, that's my criteria for a reliable firearm.....how pretty it is and the "embarrassment" factor.

Yeah, you're right. Reliability is THE most important factor. I admit though, just like with women, the appearance is the first thing about a gun that makes me take a second look. That of course doen't mean much as the gun can easily be a POS. I usually ignore guns that I hate the look of, like many Taurus and Beretta's, but many may be completely reliable guns.

Form follows function. Or as Jason put it:
Sccy-Captain wrote:when talking defensive tools/weapons...pretty is as pretty does.
~Chris
"when talking defensive tools/weapons...pretty is as pretty does." ~ Sccy-Captain

Sccy CPX-2TT 092XXX
CZ 75D PCR Compact w/ Factory TruDot Night Sights B4411XX
DoulosXristou
Forum Regular

Postby qwiksdraw » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:06 pm

In addition to the Hicock45 video, this Military Arms Channel video convinced me to give the SCCY CPX a serious look:
http://youtu.be/sPVrRkHnpwM
qwiksdraw
Veteran Member

Previous

Return to Range Reports