1st trip to the range with my new cpx2

Reports from the Firing Line. Let us know how the shooting went and don't forget to post some pictures!

1st trip to the range with my new cpx2

Postby chuck0291 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:59 pm

I bought this gun just before x-mas and finally got it to the range today. Didn't know what to expect after reading some of the post here. I cleaned and lubed the gun, checked the mag springs and followers, everything seemed to be right. Ran 50 rounds of WWB, 50 rounds of rem., 50 rounds of federal, and 50 rounds of blazer brass. Had one ftf, I think that was my fault because I ham fisted the slide other than that it ran flawlessly. Do have one question is there any to adjust the trigger reset?
Chuck
chuck0291

Re: 1st trip to the range with my new cpx2

Postby GoesBang » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:46 pm

The trigger reset can only be adjusted by flipping the trigger spring 180 degrees inside the trigger cam. This means dissembling the receiver to pull the trigger out/off the trigger cam axis to get to the pin that hold the trigger spring in place.

Or

You can call Jason at SCCY and he will make up a trigger cam with the spring already flipped. You would still need to install it yourself.
SCCY CPX-2-CB
Ruger P95PR
Henry Golden Boy H004
Sig Sauer P226
RIA 1911 Tactical FS 45 ACP
RIA M206 38 Special 2"
RIA M200 38 Special 4”
Taurus PT940
Marlin 336W/989M2/Camp 9

USMC 1976-79 3rd MAW Camp Pendleton, CA
HTTP://www.X-CalibearUSA.com
GoesBang
Veteran Member

Postby chuck0291 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:31 pm

Thanks for the info, I give it a couple of more trips to the range and see if I can get used to it. If not time to put on the glasses and and take here apart.
chuck0291

Postby WyoShooter » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:19 pm

GoesBang wrote:The trigger reset can only be adjusted by flipping the trigger spring 180 degrees inside the trigger cam. This means dissembling the receiver to pull the trigger out/off the trigger cam axis to get to the pin that hold the trigger spring in place.

Or

You can call Jason at SCCY and he will make up a trigger cam with the spring already flipped. You would still need to install it yourself.

Would you happen to know the cost of those parts?
"In the beginning of a change the Patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a Patriot."
WyoShooter

Postby GoesBang » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:26 pm

How does free sound? SCCY does not charge for most of the parts.
SCCY CPX-2-CB
Ruger P95PR
Henry Golden Boy H004
Sig Sauer P226
RIA 1911 Tactical FS 45 ACP
RIA M206 38 Special 2"
RIA M200 38 Special 4”
Taurus PT940
Marlin 336W/989M2/Camp 9

USMC 1976-79 3rd MAW Camp Pendleton, CA
HTTP://www.X-CalibearUSA.com
GoesBang
Veteran Member

Postby DeeJayh » Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:17 am

GoesBang wrote:The trigger reset can only be adjusted by flipping the trigger spring 180 degrees inside the trigger cam

What change in performance would this cause? I haven't a clue.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
The Sheepdog is a selfless person that cannot abide watching their fellow human beings suffer and die while they do nothing.
DeeJayh
Seasoned Member

Postby wknight40 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:05 am

I believe there are instructions on here and Youtube. From what I can tell by flipping the spring or rotating it, which ever the instructions say, it puts more tension on the return portion of the trigger movement. So after firing the trigger has more tension to return to the reset position, in this way when the finger is relaxed there is a better chance it is pushed all the way to the reset position. Some claim this also increase the trigger pull since the return spring has more tension. If it does it should be such a small amount that it should not be a problem.

Keep in mind this is more for self defense. Makes it harder for an accidental discharge of the weapon. Some of the other triggers I personally consider them more of a combat/gunfight, not official terminology, type of trigger. This is when you have no time and nearly everyone in front of you is not friendly. Get more rounds down range in a shorter amount of time. And admittedly in a self defense situation that is handy also but not everyone down range is a bad guy so the shooter needs control which comes with practice. Nothing wrong with these triggers for those that can control them, comes with practice.

I like the SCCY setup for first timers, especially if you have the one without the manual safety.
wknight40
Veteran Member

Postby getvicious » Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:18 am

DeeJayh wrote:
GoesBang wrote:The trigger reset can only be adjusted by flipping the trigger spring 180 degrees inside the trigger cam

What change in performance would this cause? I haven't a clue.

You will feel a little more resistance in the Trigger when it moves forward to reset. It seems to feel more positive. No effect on Trigger Pull weight.

ChrisTX made a nice video to walk you thru the Trigger Reset Modification. It's an easy thing to do if you're careful.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSlIpQH_MSQ

His post is here:
http://www.sccyforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=14836&p=29169&hilit=trigger+reset#p29169
ChrisTX wrote:Ok, so I made a crappy video of myself doing this modification from start to finish. Any questions, just ask.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSlIpQH_MSQ
It's not the blast that kills you - It's the tumble to the bottom of the 800 foot crater.....
getvicious@yahoo.com
getvicious
Topic Moderator

Postby chuck0291 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:11 pm

Actually Chris I used you video this past weekend to change the spring on sccy and had no problems at all. I just stop and started at each step and took my time and everything went smooth. Thanks for posting it here for others to watch. have not had a chance to get to the range with it yet, but dry firing the reset appears to be a lot better.
Chuck
chuck0291

Return to Range Reports