Freezing my A$$ off range time

Reports from the Firing Line. Let us know how the shooting went and don't forget to post some pictures!

Freezing my A$$ off range time

Postby gunstech » Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:13 pm

Stopped in at the local indoor range this evening, I guess they were pumping outdoor air into the range for ventilation but it was below freezing and miserable to shoot. Good news is I put an additional 100 rounds or so of Blazer through...not one single problem, just under 1200 rounds so far. It was so cold, when I bagged my gun and left and got home to clean it, I literally had condensation dripping out of the gun. Took an extra amount of time to make sure it was cleaned properly but that was pretty bad shooting conditions.
"To disarm the people is the most effectual way to enslave them."
- George Mason
gunstech
Seasoned Member

Re: Freezing my A$$ off range time

Postby qwiksdraw » Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:43 pm

I believe that is what they call stress training.
qwiksdraw
Veteran Member

Postby DeeJayh » Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:26 am

That's a heck of a note, but any day you can make it out to squeeze off a few rounds and get that much more familiar with your firearm...
Is a good day.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
The Sheepdog is a selfless person that cannot abide watching their fellow human beings suffer and die while they do nothing.
DeeJayh
Seasoned Member

Postby gunstech » Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:04 am

I agree, I hadnt been able to get to the range since before Christmas and was pretty excited to shoot. Im really happy with the reliability of this weapon.
- George Mason
gunstech
Seasoned Member

Postby getvicious » Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:48 am

Think of it this way - it was a chance to work on your cold weather technique. Still, brrrrrr. Good to hear your CPX worked well for you in less than perfect conditions.
It's not the blast that kills you - It's the tumble to the bottom of the 800 foot crater.....
getvicious@yahoo.com
getvicious
Topic Moderator

Postby gunstech » Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:16 am

getvicious wrote:Think of it this way - it was a chance to work on your cold weather technique. Still, brrrrrr. Good to hear your CPX worked well for you in less than perfect conditions.

This was the first time my hand was actually sore from the snappy recoil of this gun. My Daughter was with me shooting her Mossberg 22lr so I let her use my Mechanix gloves, the reset on the SCCY is almost too long to wear gloves anyway. It was a good time overall.
- George Mason
gunstech
Seasoned Member

Return to Range Reports