Range 14, Ft. Dix, N.J.

Reports from the Firing Line. Let us know how the shooting went and don't forget to post some pictures!

Range 14, Ft. Dix, N.J.

Postby TechDiver » Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:26 am

target 003.JPG
Had my CPX-2 and C-9 out yesterday. Great day to shoot. Shot about 150 rounds of PMC 115 g. FMJ. Both guns shot perfectly !! I'm primarily a rifle shooter but I'm getting very good with the C-9. The thing is just SO accurate. The CPX is another story. I think the long pull is still affecting my aim. And I think it shoots a bit low, too. Just means I need to shoot more, that's all. The sun was so bright that my TV10 laser was invisible at 15 yards. At the indoor range it works great, though. Something to think about if you're considering one. Mechanically, they both have been near flawless. The CPX had one FTE a while back but I think it was me limp-wristing. It only happened once so that leads me to believe I'm right. And I didn't do ANY mag tweaking or ramp polishing on either. I can't be any happier with both guns, I just need to work on the 'ME factor' with the CPX.
Attachments
R-14 001.JPG
Leave the gun. Take the canoli.
TechDiver
Seasoned Member

Re: Range 14, Ft. Dix, N.J.

Postby p225 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:04 pm

Practice makes perfect. Looks like trigger control is your needed focus.
I see some mixed gas bottles!!!
Don't tread on me
p225
Seasoned Member

Postby TechDiver » Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:31 pm

p225 wrote:Practice makes perfect. Looks like trigger control is your needed focus.
I see some mixed gas bottles!!!

I DO have work to do on control. The next few times I go to the range I'm only bringing the CPX. Yeah, I can't remember the last time I used 21 %.
TechDiver
Seasoned Member

Postby p225 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:40 pm

I haven't dove in 4 years. My gear will need some serious servicing and tanks hydro'd.
Don't tread on me
p225
Seasoned Member

Postby TechDiver » Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:04 pm

p225 wrote:I haven't dove in 4 years. My gear will need some serious servicing and tanks hydro'd.

Four years !!?? What's up with that ? You need to get in some water, pronto !! But yeah, get the gear looked at first. I dive from April till December off New Jersey/Long Island. Used to go year 'round but it's too cold. I need a break in my old age. Just booked a trip to Playa Del Carmen to dive with the Bull sharks, but not till Jan. 2015. They only show up from Nov to Feb. Check out my web site....https://phillybobspics.shutterfly.com/ Got some decent pics and videos.
TechDiver
Seasoned Member

Return to Range Reports