Saturday Range Report

Reports from the Firing Line. Let us know how the shooting went and don't forget to post some pictures!

Saturday Range Report

Postby HootmonSccy » Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:21 pm

Finally got to the range again (It's been a long while).
Shot the SCCY.. Put 60 rounds through it..
I had two Ejection issues.. I was shooting reloads for the most part (50 out of 60).. So may attribute the issue to that.
Otherwise, all went very smooth..

Also had my XD lock back about 3 times in mid-magazine.. I was NOT shooting reloads (Since it is a true +P pistol reloads can be a little bit of a light load for the heavy recoil springs..
I took the two mags apart and lubed them up..

Wife's P238 (.380) only had 1 stovepipe.. It has been near perfect since new...

Beretta Neos .22 - Perfect as usual.. Trigger is not quite as smooth as I would like..

Nobody left bleeding, so it was a great day!!!
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson
HootmonSccy
Topic Moderator

Re: Saturday Range Report

Postby MARINE DIVISION TWO » Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:06 am

Hey ! Its not good to gloat getting to the range when its minus 14 right now with the wind chill,I am jealous and should have been down in florida last week already ! Well what ammo do you use in the neo ? they can be finicky just like my Ruger MK III and I only use high velocity ammo ? Good to hear someones getting out to shoot and enjoying their weekend.
MARINE DIVISION TWO
Veteran Member

Postby HootmonSccy » Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:45 am

MARINE DIVISION TWO wrote:Hey ! Its not good to gloat getting to the range when its minus 14 right now with the wind chill,I am jealous and should have been down in florida last week already ! Well what ammo do you use in the neo ? they can be finicky just like my Ruger MK III and I only use high velocity ammo ? Good to hear someones getting out to shoot and enjoying their weekend.

We had some Remington 550 bullets in a box
And some old Blazer
This pistol has had a couple of FTF's, but when I look at the bullet, it's been smacked well... So, I call it a bad bullet...
We haven't had any feed or ejection issues at all..

As for the weather... ONLY 78 today... Wifey and I are going to the local Victory Dealer and doing some Demo Rides on some Cross County motorcycles...
Attachments
red_silver_Cross_Country.jpg
red_silver_Cross_Country.jpg (11.47 KiB) Viewed 859 times
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson
HootmonSccy
Topic Moderator

Postby MARINE DIVISION TWO » Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:57 am

Nice looking ride the Victory,sold my Suziki Intruder 1500 a few years ago and when I really retire this time in Florida thinking of a 750,not too heavy enough power or maybe even an 1100,Enjoy your 78 degrees ! :D
MARINE DIVISION TWO
Veteran Member

Postby getvicious » Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:09 am

Good to hear you were able to get out and shoot some. Sounds like a great day. :D

Checking out a Victory are you? They seem to build a nice bike. It's no HD of course, but still a good bike. 8)
It's not the blast that kills you - It's the tumble to the bottom of the 800 foot crater.....
getvicious@yahoo.com
getvicious
Topic Moderator

Return to Range Reports