pretty happy... 220 rds today 0 probs.

Reports from the Firing Line. Let us know how the shooting went and don't forget to post some pictures!

pretty happy... 220 rds today 0 probs.

Postby HAMBONE » Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:58 pm

Went to the range today. 220 rounds zero probs. My front frame pin is hanging half out but hey, I'll tap it back in and be on my way lol. 200 blazer brass, ten reloads, and ten ftx critical defense.
HAMBONE
Veteran Member

Re: pretty happy... 220 rds today 0 probs.

Postby qwiksdraw » Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:47 pm

Good news.

I'm thinking blue loc-tite for that pin.
qwiksdraw
Veteran Member

Postby Unown » Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:33 pm

I didn't have any luck with Blue Locktite maybe you will have better luck with it than I did. Danise sent me the oversize frame pins but I was unable to get them in all of the way. My drift punch broke and marred the Polymer frame. I sent it in on their dime and they replaced the pins and the Polymer frame. They also did a couple other upgrades. Since I have gotten it back the pins have not moved at all. It was pretty much was flawless before I sent it in except the pins. I had a few FTL's and FTE's when I got it back. She sent me a new extractor last week and now it is flawless again. Just my experience, It is my EDC again.
EDC CPX2 CB
DOB: 05/15/2013
We are advised by the present administration to NOT judge ALL Muslims by the actions of a few, but we are encouraged to judge ALL gun owners by the actions of a few.
Unown
Seasoned Member

Postby HAMBONE » Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:45 pm

CooI. I will be receiving my permit soon and I will carry it. It seems reliable this time. 360 flawless so far.
HAMBONE
Veteran Member

Postby OldNorthState » Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:45 am

HAMBONE wrote:CooI. I will be receiving my permit soon and I will carry it. It seems reliable this time. 360 flawless so far.

Hambone, I'm tickled to hear your experiences with your CPX are improving - 360 w/out much to report sounds pretty good to me. I've sure enjoyed mine so far, even with an occasional hiccup... I've only cycled several hundred rnds. though mine (I enjoy popping away with the lil' ol' thing so much that I lose count... which gets sorta' expensive these days...lol...), but I'm going to have to work on my offhand shooting muscles/reflexes to assist w/the long-pull double action and short-barreled sight length some more, yet, before I consider myself half-proficient with offhand SCCY-shooting at anything much beyond 7 or 10 yds, (which is probably about the max the weapon was really designed for, I'm guessing. Most of the handgun shooting I've done over the years was with large-framed heavy-caliber wheelguns). I'm also going to take a diamond hone and remove the sharp edge from the bottom radius of the extractor, just for good measure. That might cure (at least from what some others have experienced) some of the occasional "hiccups" I've had. All in all, though, I'm doing fine with it, and like most everything about it for "up close" shooting, including the overall look and feel of the weapon. I've been using it for CC a good bit, lately.

Let me hear what you might work out on that walking frame pin problem you've had. Fortunately I've not experienced it, yet, but keep us posted "just in case"... thanks...

ONS
"Capt. Redlegs Terrell and five men against Josey Wales... heh, heh, heh... "
OldNorthState

Postby HAMBONE » Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:33 am

Lmao so true parkerd but there's only so much bitching I can do lol. The firing was flawless, but other problems remain. this is a good first handgun for me to learn what can go wrong with guns and how to shoot and then when I buy my nice handgun, I'll be ready. The guy I went with had a brand new never fired ar-15. His gun jammed every shot until it broke in. Fte every time. Took several mags to run flawless. The sccy did better. Course he was shooting tula ammo.
HAMBONE
Veteran Member

Postby Airbrush Artist » Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:32 pm

150 on CPX-2 and 100 on My new Ruger LC-9 -Both Accurate, both Flawless functioning, the only difference the Ruger cost about $150 more.
Airbrush Artist
Seasoned Member

Return to Range Reports