50 rounds down range and no trigger reset

Reports from the Firing Line. Let us know how the shooting went and don't forget to post some pictures!

50 rounds down range and no trigger reset

Postby SouthernAngler » Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:05 pm

I took both the CPX1 and my CPX2 to the range today and shot about 150 rounds total, I actually went to test fire and shoot only the CPX1 but I always bring a back up gun to shoot should there be a problem. The CPX1 was flawless until round 51, thats when I noticed the trigger did not reset. I checked everything over and found the trigger spring had jumped off the trigger bar. I pulled it down right there and made a quick repair and continued with my shooting. When I got home i called SCCY to request a new spring because I had to bend the end of the wire because it got straightened out between the frame and slide when it slipped of the trigger bar. I was told that I should send the gun in so all the upgrades could be done including the trigger, mag release, recoil rod ect. I was told my CPX2 should not have the spring issue because its serial # indicates it has all the current stuff. So for now the CPX1 is functioning but It will need to go back sometime soon in order to become reliable.
SouthernAngler
Forum Regular

Re: 50 rounds down range and no trigger reset

Postby GoesBang » Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:49 pm

This is one reason that I have spare parts. I would have changed the trigger cam myself (the part is not just the spring).

BTW. You might ask for a stainless trigger cam instead of the black one.
SCCY CPX-2-CB
Ruger P95PR
Henry Golden Boy H004
Sig Sauer P226
RIA 1911 Tactical FS 45 ACP
RIA M206 38 Special 2"
RIA M200 38 Special 4”
Taurus PT940
Marlin 336W/989M2/Camp 9

USMC 1976-79 3rd MAW Camp Pendleton, CA
HTTP://www.X-CalibearUSA.com
GoesBang
Veteran Member

Re: 50 rounds down range and no trigger reset

Postby SouthernAngler » Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:48 pm

GoesBang wrote:This is one reason that I have spare parts. I would have changed the trigger cam myself (the part is not just the spring).

BTW. You might ask for a stainless trigger cam instead of the black one.

Thanks for the information. I was told when I called that there was machining that need to be done in order to change the trigger parts so its not a DYI fix and required sending it in.
SouthernAngler
Forum Regular

Return to Range Reports