First trip to range, back to SCCY

Reports from the Firing Line. Let us know how the shooting went and don't forget to post some pictures!

Re: First trip to range, back to SCCY

Postby getvicious » Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:59 pm

TechDiver wrote:
getvicious wrote:The way the rear sight mounts, I didn't think you could shim it. Let us know how it works and what you have to do to make it work.

I see what you mean. Off the top of my pointed head, the easiest thing would be to fashion a whole new rear sight out of hockey puck-like rubber and stick it on. I don't want to get into machining the slide in any way. I don't feel like having to buy a new one. :?

I'm looking at mine. You might file the bevel a bit on the slide or sight (I'd do the sight as it's easier to replace if it goes badly) to gain some clearance to raise the sight with a shim. If you do either let us know how it works.

Mine shoots just a bit high so I drop my front sight slightly on the target to correct. That seems to work well for me.
It's not the blast that kills you - It's the tumble to the bottom of the 800 foot crater.....
getvicious@yahoo.com
getvicious
Topic Moderator

Postby TechDiver » Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:02 pm

My friend at the LGS just told me the sight kit for a Kel-tec P-11 with fit the CPX-2. Three different height rear sights for $7. Have to try it. They look like cheap plastic but that should make them easier to tweak. I'll let you know how it goes. Where's Dave Mahan when you need him ? :twisted:

http://www.keltecweapons.com/p-11/p-11-accessories/p-11-sight-kit/

Last edited by TechDiver on Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Leave the gun. Take the canoli.
TechDiver
Seasoned Member

Postby jax gunslinger » Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:55 pm

Ahh....... more Kel-tec parts used as Sccy upgrades. Maybe someone could retro fit some P11 frame pins, and take care of those walking pins problems as well. :whist:
I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them. Thomas Jefferson ***PERMANENTLY BANNED MEMBER OF THE HPFF**
jax gunslinger
Veteran Member

Postby getvicious » Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:05 pm

Hey - as long as they fit. 8)
It's not the blast that kills you - It's the tumble to the bottom of the 800 foot crater.....
getvicious@yahoo.com
getvicious
Topic Moderator

Postby SouthernAngler » Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:37 am

jax gunslinger wrote:Ahh....... more Kel-tec parts used as Sccy upgrades. Maybe someone could retro fit some P11 frame pins, and take care of those walking pins problems as well. :whist:

I just fixed a friends KelTec P 11 with sights from a SCCY so It works both ways, I test fired it and have to say the SCCY In my opinion is a nicer pistol to shoot and I'm a pretty big fan of KelTec products.
SouthernAngler
Forum Regular

Postby jax gunslinger » Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:03 pm

Yeah my CPX was more comfortable to shoot than any of the P11's I've owned. The one CPX I had didn't hold up well. I've since gotten rid of all my CC 9mm's in favor of a Bersa Thunder "Plus" in 380. Super nice little gun with an alloy frame, factory rubber grips and a 15 +1 payload.
I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them. Thomas Jefferson ***PERMANENTLY BANNED MEMBER OF THE HPFF**
jax gunslinger
Veteran Member

Postby WEdwards » Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:45 pm

For accuracy, I can usually keep the shots within a 6" circle at 21 feet, unless I jerk it which happens once in a while. Now my wife, who does not like the trigger pull and complains of sore fingers/hand after the shoot can keep a tighter group than I do. She just has a steadier hand.
Wilburn (Will) Edwards
Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.
http://wingincamera.zenfolio.com/
WEdwards
Forum Regular

Postby pbagley » Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:02 pm

I did a little bore polishing on my CPX2, then I shot for accuracy at 25 yards. The polishing was pretty simple, and did not result in a perfectly smooth bore. That said, the improvement was impressive.

I'm pretty happy with this little gun now that it shoots accurately.
pbagley

Previous

Return to Range Reports