3rd trip, frustrated, phone call time

Reports from the Firing Line. Let us know how the shooting went and don't forget to post some pictures!

3rd trip, frustrated, phone call time

Postby JMUGoalie57 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:21 pm

Hey everyone

This was my third trip with my SCCY CPX-2 (silver), and sadly ran into the same problems as before. I have been having failure to extract issues with my gun. The gun will fire the round, but fail to remove the spent case from the chamber, thus leaving me to have to drop the mag and tap the side of my gun until the case comes out. This happens about every two to three rounds I shoot. For the record, I clean my gun after each range trip so dirt/grime buildup is not the issue.

I did the magazine fix as mentioned previously in this forum and that did nothing to resolve the problem.

At this point a phone call with SCCY seems to be next in line, followed most likely by shipping it to Florida. My main concern is can they fix this? I hope so because it is my conceal carry, but if it's gone I have nothing for a bit.

Now, one potentially scary thing. While cleaning my gun I noticed a slight crack toward the rear of the gun (right next to a bolt). Cracks are never good, and especially in polymers. Do you think the gun will just be replaced at this point?

Here is the link to the album for pictures: http://imgur.com/a/6IhFt/all

Overall I'm pretty upset with this gun. I wanted a more budget-friendly gun that I could also use for conceal carry. I like the trigger on it (i know I'm in the minority on that) and I'm surprisingly accurate with it, shooting groups of 6" at 25ft, but all of that means nothing if I can't trust my life to it. I'm contemplating trading it in for something else when I get it back, but might give it another go after repairs
JMUGoalie57

Re: 3rd trip, frustrated, phone call time

Postby SouthernAngler » Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:36 pm

Im fairly new to this forum and have had my CPX2 to the range 4 times now with 400 to 500 rounds down range. I have had none of the issues that you and the others are experiencing. From what I do know of the customer service atSCCY they are fantastic and i have no doubt they will take care of you situation including replacement of the polymer frame. I wish I had the knowledge as to why your gun and the guns of others around here have problems while others like myself are trouble free.
SouthernAngler
Forum Regular

Postby HAMBONE » Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:13 pm

So your the fourth person now here with a cracked frame. What are the first 3 numbers of your serial?
HAMBONE
Veteran Member

Postby getvicious » Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:32 am

HAMBONE wrote:So your the fourth person now here with a cracked frame. What are the first 3 numbers of your serial?

And all in the same place. When you call SCCY ask them to send you a shipping label.

A crack like that will let the receiver move in the frame when it fires. If that happens it will loose some of the energy that would otherwise be available to let the pistol cycle and load the next round. A stress crack like that can only get worse.

One other thing that will sound dumb. Be sure you keep a real firm grip when you shoot. Don't limp wrist the pistol thru lack of concentration. Check out this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJM1BDMjge4) - it's a PF-9 but the issue is the same (very small and light plastic pistol).
It's not the blast that kills you - It's the tumble to the bottom of the 800 foot crater.....
getvicious@yahoo.com
getvicious
Topic Moderator

Return to Range Reports