Sccy support is great

Reports from the Firing Line. Let us know how the shooting went and don't forget to post some pictures!

Sccy support is great

Postby siegmund25 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:00 pm

After 500 rounds of light reloads the recoil rod on my CPX 2 was chewed up a little. I called and ask if I could have a new one. Not only did they give me a new recoil rod and spring, they also gave me four upgrades. 1. new trigger upgrade. 2. new magazine release. 3. new slide release. 4. new magazine springs.

When they arrived I put in the new recoil rod and spring and went to the range. On round number 15 the ejector broke. This was my first problem ever with this gun. I called support again and the same week my new ejector arrived. I decided to remove the receiver from the frame and do all of the upgrades. Everything went well so it was back to the range today to check it out. The trigger was a little different, but after a few more rounds I won't remember the old one. I had to push a little harder on the new magazine release to drop the magazine, but I will get used to that. I seldom use the slide release to drop the slide, only to lock it back and did not notice any difference. Maybe it is made a little stronger. I did not put in the magazine springs. My old ones have always worked good and were installed correctly from the factory.

I think that one of the reasons I like this gun is because Sccy will send me parts and allow me to install them If I want to. I also like it because very light loads will cycle the slide on this gun. When I am working up loads for my other 9mm,s if they are to light to cycle the slide the CPX 2 will almost always run them without any problems.
siegmund25

Re: Sccy support is great

Postby GoesBang » Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:20 pm

SCCY is good for sending out parts for FREE.
SCCY CPX-2-CB
Ruger P95PR
Henry Golden Boy H004
Sig Sauer P226
RIA 1911 Tactical FS 45 ACP
RIA M206 38 Special 2"
RIA M200 38 Special 4”
Taurus PT940
Marlin 336W/989M2/Camp 9

USMC 1976-79 3rd MAW Camp Pendleton, CA
HTTP://www.X-CalibearUSA.com
GoesBang
Veteran Member

Postby HAMBONE » Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:38 pm

They had better be, with things breaking after 500 rounds. Glad they fixed it for you!
HAMBONE
Veteran Member

Postby madmax » Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:58 am

Wish I could say the same, still waiting on the magazine springs I asked for two weeks ago. Only time will tell if they have really good customer service or not. Right now I am saying not.
Max
USCG Ret.
madmax
Veteran Member

Postby HAMBONE » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:07 pm

I would call back. I waited 2 weeks for a recoil rod only to call and find out they never sent it. Then I got one 2 days later.
HAMBONE
Veteran Member

Postby morayman » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:18 pm

HAMBONE wrote:I would call back. I waited 2 weeks for a recoil rod only to call and find out they never sent it. Then I got one 2 days later.

What Hambone said. morayman..............
morayman
Seasoned Member

Postby qwiksdraw » Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:00 pm

I'm beginning to believe there are members here who wait for someone to write something good about SCCY so they can vent their grudge
Or worse yet, someone write about a problem and gets a rant instead of help

To the OP, it is good to see that you have resolved the problems with your CPX and still have confidence in the company. Fortunately my CPX2 has not had any problems (except for the dum backwards mag spring thing). The problems you had are likley more rare than the perception in this forum.

Looking forward to your next range report!
qwiksdraw
Veteran Member

Postby jcwit » Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:42 pm

Other makes

http://www.gunsandammo.com/2013/08/23/s ... d-pistols/
http://smith-wessonforum.com/smith-wess ... blems.html
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2014/0 ... sig-sauer/

http://thegunwriter.blogs.heraldtribune ... nt-page-1/

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2013 ... s-pistols/

Point being most, change that to "all" manufactures have problems. We live in a world that at present is being ran by humans, therefore its an imperfect world.

Don't believe it, check out the number of vehicle recalls, and many of these cause death and/or serious injury. Do these defects get fixed, of course, after the fact, and usually when enough pressure is placed on them.

This has not been the case with SCCY, which I have had positive experience so far with hundreds of rounds thru the 1st one. :D
jcwit
Veteran Member

Postby madmax » Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:57 pm

Just so there is no misunderstanding, I have had my SCCY two years now and have about 1500 rounds through it. I have had good experience with SCCY but they are slow on the new springs. I did call today and they had no record of me asking for them but they assured me they would send them right out. So we will see how long it takes.
Max
USCG Ret.
madmax
Veteran Member

Postby madmax » Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:05 pm

qwiksdraw wrote:I'm beginning to believe there are members here who wait for someone to write something good about SCCY so they can vent their grudge
Or worse yet, someone write about a problem and gets a rant instead of help

To the OP, it is good to see that you have resolved the problems with your CPX and still have confidence in the company. Fortunately my CPX2 has not had any problems (except for the dum backwards mag spring thing). The problems you had are likley more rare than the perception in this forum.

Looking forward to your next range report!

If you are referring to me then you better rethink and keep your opinion to yourself. If you were able to read the posts I have made they have all been positive this is the first time I have ever said anything negative about SCCY. So before you jump on people maybe you should read their posts first before you write so you know what your talking about and not blowing smoke out of your backside!!!!!!!!!!!!
Max
USCG Ret.
madmax
Veteran Member

Postby qwiksdraw » Thu May 01, 2014 7:16 am

madmax wrote:If you are referring to me then you better rethink and keep your opinion to yourself. If you were able to read the posts I have made they have all been positive this is the first time I have ever said anything negative about SCCY. So before you jump on people maybe you should read their posts first before you write so you know what your talking about and not blowing smoke out of your backside!!!!!!!!!!!!

No I wasn't referring to you. I was referring to a trend I see in this forum so as to not let the OP become discouraged.

I also never stated or implied that anyone should keep their opinions to themselves nor that they shut up. Their comments sometimes annoy me when they try to discourage a new gun owner instead of offering something of value. It is possible to share a bad experience if your intent is to help. If you read some of my replies, I have expressed my displeasure with the backward spring issue, which is a small issue but reflects poor quality control. Other than that, My CPX2 hasn't done anything for me to complain about.

Also, my reply was certainly not impolite to you or any reader. I wish you would have extended me the courtesy as well. If you were unsure it was directed at you then a personal message (PM) would have prevented either of us from being embarrassed.
qwiksdraw
Veteran Member

Return to Range Reports