CPX-1 in PINK at the range

Reports from the Firing Line. Let us know how the shooting went and don't forget to post some pictures!

Re: CPX-1 in PINK at the range

Postby slayer61 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:42 pm

There isn't anything in the world like the SCCY service department! A quick email to them outlining the issues we're having and within a couple of hours, a reply saying "Please, send it back! We're sure sorry to hear of your difficulties with the pistol." and also included a shipping label! :kickback:
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Paul
slayer61
Forum Regular

Postby getvicious » Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:02 pm

slayer61 wrote:There isn't anything in the world like the SCCY service department! A quick email to them outlining the issues we're having and within a couple of hours, a reply saying "Please, send it back! We're sure sorry to hear of your difficulties with the pistol." and also included a shipping label! :kickback:

I have to say I'm surprised you had issues after sending it in for repair. I'm glad to hear you're getting good customer service. I've had good service in all my dealings with SCCY, it's good to hear that continues.

I imagine your pistol will come back all fixed up.... but, if it comes back with issues again I recommend you tell SCCY you would like them to replace it.
It's not the blast that kills you - It's the tumble to the bottom of the 800 foot crater.....
getvicious@yahoo.com
getvicious
Topic Moderator

Postby slayer61 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:36 am

The pistol is back from SCCY and dry firing it, it seems to have been repaired. According to the work order, the trigger bar was replaced? No idea what that means :oops: but it seems to work as required. We'll know more after taking it to the range.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Paul
slayer61
Forum Regular

Postby LareP » Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:18 am

Trigger bar could have been bent or some other malady, not a SCCY but should give a good idea of what the bar is; the SCCY is positioned and shaped differentlyImage

Guns only have two enemies; rust & politicians
LareP
Forum Regular

Postby GoesBang » Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:18 am

Here is a polished SCCY trigger bar
Attachments
Polished trigger bar.JPG
Polished SCCY trigger bar
SCCY CPX-2-CB
Ruger P95PR
Henry Golden Boy H004
Sig Sauer P226
RIA 1911 Tactical FS 45 ACP
RIA M206 38 Special 2"
RIA M200 38 Special 4”
Taurus PT940
Marlin 336W/989M2/Camp 9

USMC 1976-79 3rd MAW Camp Pendleton, CA
HTTP://www.X-CalibearUSA.com
GoesBang
Veteran Member

Postby Pocket_Pistol » Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:25 pm

What is the uppermost pic? A Seecamp or NAA Guardian or Autauga Arms .32acp?

Sent from my SGH-T849 using Tapatalk 2
Pocket Pistol

"No longer waiting for the MPX"
Pocket_Pistol
Veteran Member

Postby James0235 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:26 pm

slayer61 wrote:Well, SCCY has stuck to their word! :D My wife called the folks at the factory and they said "sure, send it back". She boxed it up and sent it to Florida, and a day or so later, they have removed the safety frame (CPX-1) and replaced it with a non-safety frame (CPX-2) FREE OF CHARGE! Can't beat the SCCY customer service! :kickback:

I talked to them today. They no longer do it free of charge. It is now $125. But, I think I am going to give it a go anyway.
James0235

Postby mi77915 » Wed Dec 24, 2014 7:32 am

slayer61 wrote:...... The guard, or shroud around the safety caused her a blister on her thumb.......

Hi Paul,

My first SCCY was the CPX-1, Gen 2.... I had the same problem. My solution, I traded my CPX-1 for a new CPX-2. It did cost me a few extra $$$, but in the end, it was the right decision for me. I've been extremely happy with the new handgun .
Tom
Michigan CPL
NRA Member
mi77915
Seasoned Member

Postby Novice49 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:30 pm

Since this thread described SCCY's former policy to convert CPX-1 to a CPX-2, or to disable a safety, be advised that it no longer will do either.
See my post today after speaking with a SCCY representative.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=17908&p=56407#p56407
Novice49

Postby FastEddie » Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:54 am

Perhaps a better question to SCCY would be why the safety has not been modified after many complaints and issues. Was in a regional farm and home store this weekend looking just doing the looky-see at the gun counter. A customer wanted an inexpensive 9mm and the salesman was showing him a SCCY, stating that it was a decent gun for the price. The customer asked a about a safety. The salesman said he would not recommend since everyone with safety he has sold was met with complaints about the safety position or in some cases the safety not functioning properly. He said the buyer sent out an email stating that there were many complaints about the safety.
FastEddie
Forum Regular

Postby KenpoFish » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:04 pm

With the policy change it makes me wonder if they did it due to all the people out there buying a SCCY and doing all kinds of crap to it till it fails then sending it in under the “no questions asked” terms to be fixed. After a while those can add up in materials and man hours lost for the company. I understand wanting to test and determine reliability but these overkill extreme tests kind of ruins it for those of us that are budget minded that bought a CPX for protection and end up having normal legitimate use issues.
KenpoFish

Previous

Return to Range Reports