First Time Shooting CPX-2

Reports from the Firing Line. Let us know how the shooting went and don't forget to post some pictures!

First Time Shooting CPX-2

Postby Me239 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:06 pm

Hey, everyone! I just bought a used CPX-2 from a friend of mine and just went shooting with it today, however, I had a few problems. Here's the email I sent to SCCY:
Hi, I recently purchased your CPX-2 model (serial 106xxx) and have had a few problems. Today I went shooting with it and had several FTE (Failure To Extract). I emailed your company immediately after that session and went home to clean and install the new grip I just received. I was disassembling the pistol and noticed a crack in the trigger bar. I also was trying to remove the roll pin that holds the extractor in and accidentally sent it flying way off into my basement, so that is lost. I tested the new FDE grip by trying the mags in it and noticed they were no longer drop free.
I am still awaiting the arrival of my new flush floorplates I ordered last week too.

I really do like the pistol, and your warranty seems to be great as well. I'd just like to have all these issues sorted out.

P.S. Is there any list of updated components which I might need?

In summary:
-Trigger bar is broken (picture included)
-Now missing extractor roll pin
-Weak extraction when shot
-New FDE grip isn't drop free
-Still need the flush floorplates
-And possibly need a new recoil spring as mine tends to bind when compressed by hand.

Thanks!

-Me239

---------------

As a question for all of you, does anyone have a list of upgraded parts since the 106xxx serial number?
Me239

Re: First Time Shooting CPX-2

Postby Me239 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:11 pm

parkerd wrote:That is a question much better answered by SCCY.
I realize that, but I've also seen people talking about certain pistols having problems based on the year they were produced (for example the backwards magazine springs, which mine had). Like I said in the email, I really liked the pistol, but this is just my experience.
Me239

Postby getvicious » Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:54 pm

Me239 - Howdy and welcome from NC.

You mention some interesting issues (like the new frame and the magazines). Good call on the recoil spring (it's a captive unit - rod, ends, inner / outer springs). It's probably the single most important part considering how it can affect the pistol's function if it's worn. A bad recoil assy can cause all manner of issues from FTE's to cracked slide. Let us know how it all works out.
It's not the blast that kills you - It's the tumble to the bottom of the 800 foot crater.....
getvicious@yahoo.com
getvicious
Topic Moderator

Postby Me239 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:18 pm

getvicious wrote:Me239 - Howdy and welcome from NC.

You mention some interesting issues (like the new frame and the magazines). Good call on the recoil spring (it's a captive unit - rod, ends, inner / outer springs). It's probably the single most important part considering how it can affect the pistol's function if it's worn. A bad recoil assy can cause all manner of issues from FTE's to cracked slide. Let us know how it all works out.
Thanks! And I'll keep everyone updated. I'm sure SCCY will fix this :)
Me239

Postby Me239 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:17 pm

UPDATE: Didn't receive an email back, so I called today. Spoke to Denise who redirected me to Jason, who then listened to the issues and thought the weirdest one was the mags no longer being drop free in the FDE grip. Either way, they're sending a packaging slip for me now and I'm sending my CPX-2 to them for repairs. Overall very happy with the customer service :D
Me239

Postby mont974x4 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:32 pm

i am glad to see they are helping you out.
mont974x4

Return to Range Reports