Cussing the SCCY- un-warranted

Reports from the Firing Line. Let us know how the shooting went and don't forget to post some pictures!

Cussing the SCCY- un-warranted

Postby MARINE DIVISION TWO » Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:18 pm

Range time today Shooting a Shield,Carbine,and 10-22 and of course SCCY cpx 2 ! A shooter at the bench was cussing out his CPX 1 he just got,mag was not feeding well,I told him more positive info about SCCY and offered to look at his gun and proceeded to un load it taking it down and inspecting the mag springs,as suspected the springs were in reverse ( a common issue dont know why ) and he also said he did not clean it out of the box,Gave him some quick instruction cleaned the vitals and loaded,I shot two mags full of WWB no issues and very accurate ! He was astonished and started to shoot,his groups were not like mine but I explained that comes with practice ! He left the range today a firm believer in SCCY products and an education given informally at the range bench ! JME/MDT
MARINE DIVISION TWO
Veteran Member

Re: Cussing the SCCY- un-warranted

Postby mont974x4 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:29 pm

Nicely done
mont974x4

Postby tripleb » Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:54 pm

Good job MARINE DIVISION TWO.
tripleb
Seasoned Member

Postby qwiksdraw » Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:41 pm

That's how to do it!
qwiksdraw
Veteran Member

Postby wrearick » Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:06 pm

nice!
wrearick
Veteran Member

Postby jimbojr85 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:38 am

I agree with parkerd that cussing was definitely warranted in this case. I know they make their own magazines, but ask yourself would they be satisfied with a third-party supplier putting their magazine springs in backwards? Of course they wouldn't!
I would say that attention to detail and consistency is something SCCY needs to work on a little more; fixing these little issues before the box is shipped out of the factory would make a huge difference - especially if they want to market to first-time gun owners.
jimbojr85
Forum Regular

Postby mont974x4 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:57 am

Yes, they should be catching these issues at the factory. In the meantime I would also hope that enough dealers are aware of these issues to help catch them as well.
mont974x4

Postby jcwit » Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:57 pm

Wonder what serial number range this SCCY was in? Very possible it was NOS.
jcwit
Veteran Member

Postby OldNorthState » Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:50 am

jcwit wrote:Wonder what serial number range this SCCY was in? Very possible it was NOS.

That's the first thing that popped into my head, too - especially with it being a CPX1 (I'm thinking they may sell more "CPX2"'s, though I don't really have the stats). The reversed magazine spring issue is an OLD problem, now, that surely-to-goodness isn't still happening.... ????????
"Capt. Redlegs Terrell and five men against Josey Wales... heh, heh, heh... "
OldNorthState

Postby MARINE DIVISION TWO » Sat Mar 28, 2015 5:51 pm

Never gave a thought to looking at serial # ! I addressed what I assessed to be the issue,and fixed it for this owner. Does not matter who the mfg is,always clean your newley purchased gun,get familiar with the takedown proceedure,And if by chance there is an issue forums like here can get your issues addressed and feel confident in the purchase you have made ! SIDE NOTE- I have on occasion spoken to Jason at SCCY,He is informative,knowledgeable,and got my questions addressed immediatley,Now where can you get that kind of service from any other existing gun Mfg ? I am happy with our two SCCYs and will be getting the 380 when available. JMO/MDT
MARINE DIVISION TWO
Veteran Member

Postby sccytoter » Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:31 pm

Good job OP, for getting a new SCCY owner schooled on the gun they bought! Chesty would approve, wherever he is. Semper Fi. :wink:
Semper Fi Mac!
sccytoter
Veteran Member

Return to Range Reports