New sccy

Reports from the Firing Line. Let us know how the shooting went and don't forget to post some pictures!

Re: New sccy

Postby getvicious » Thu Dec 10, 2015 6:47 pm

Talking to Jason's predecessor when I had the first cracked slide in 2010, they were waiting for a shipment of new frames that had been redesigned. I thing those were the Gen 2 frames for prototyping and refinement prior to the Gen 2 release in 2012. The description Don gave me was of a Gen 2 design.

So they don't make their frames in house (pretty much nobody with plastic frames does) and I bet the don't do plastic work at all as that's a completely different technology from machining and I don't think their building is big enough for all that.

I also know they don't make their frame pins. I've been told that about the pin walking issue and that some of the pins they get are slightly off sized. And they have stated they needed to receive more oversize pins to ship to waiting owners at times in the past.

They do machine all their machined parts, barrels, receivers and such, and fold their magazine bodies. You can see all that in pictures and videos.

But, make EVERYTHING in-house? Nobody can do that, at least not and have a product someone can afford to buy.
It's not the blast that kills you - It's the tumble to the bottom of the 800 foot crater.....
getvicious@yahoo.com
getvicious
Topic Moderator

Postby arcus10mm » Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:00 pm

getvicious wrote:Talking to Jason's predecessor when I had the first cracked slide in 2010, they were waiting for a shipment of new frames that had been redesigned. I thing those were the Gen 2 frames for prototyping and refinement prior to the Gen 2 release in 2012. The description Don gave me was of a Gen 2 design.

So they don't make their frames in house (pretty much nobody with plastic frames does) and I bet the don't do plastic work at all as that's a completely different technology from machining and I don't think their building is big enough for all that.

I also know they don't make their frame pins. I've been told that about the pin walking issue and that some of the pins they get are slightly off sized. And they have stated they needed to receive more oversize pins to ship to waiting owners at times in the past.

They do machine all their machined parts, barrels, receivers and such, and fold their magazine bodies. You can see all that in pictures and videos.

But, make EVERYTHING in-house? Nobody can do that, at least not and have a product someone can afford to buy.

1:28 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ER2opmTT2qw
arcus10mm
Veteran Member

Postby getvicious » Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:00 pm

Take it all up with SCCY. After all, it's their marketing statement.

Nobody here can answer any of your questions or complaints. If you do ask SCCY and get an answer, please share it with us.
It's not the blast that kills you - It's the tumble to the bottom of the 800 foot crater.....
getvicious@yahoo.com
getvicious
Topic Moderator

Postby rickyblaze » Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:17 am

Got the new rear sight today, a lot better. It's actually cut like the dovetail, but it's still very loose. I still used a shim on the front edge to make it sit down further into the dovetail. But I don't think it likely to pop out like the first two. Thank you SCCY for sending out the parts so fast, especially Denise

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
rickyblaze

Postby economod » Fri Dec 18, 2015 5:52 am

I've never moved my rear sight.
It sits very level, and less than 0.010" above the bottom of the dovetail in the slide.
In the light that passes beneath it, I can see the setscrew post at the center, holding it up into the dovetail.
It shoots consistantly dead-on straight at 20ft, and about 2" high, with random ammo.
Perhaps someday I'll shim it down, but it's been perfectly secure where it is, and plenty accurate at close range.
hth Cheers!
2016 SCCY WOOD SHIMS > viewtopic.php?p=50025#p50025
9mm AMMO LENGTH > viewtopic.php?p=48248#p48248
CPX2 DESTROYED > viewtopic.php?p=51413#p51413
economod
Veteran Member

Postby rickyblaze » Sun Dec 20, 2015 8:14 pm

Had my SCCY out today along with my DB9. The SCCY shoots like a smooth dream compared to the DB9. The recoil on the DB9 is a violent action in comparison to the cpx-2. Anyway the both shot flawless. I got lucky in finding two great small 9's at the $200 mark

Sent from my QMV7A using Tapatalk
rickyblaze

Postby rickyblaze » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:24 am

Just a quick 6 month update. My CPX still shoots flawlessly. Primarily using 115gr fmj and HP ammo. A variety of manufacturers. Brass case and steel cased dirty Tulammo, it still just keeps chugging away. Not a real high round count, probably 250 to 300 rounds but not one malfunction. Still getting used to the trigger and it's travel, but very happy with this pistol so far.

Sent from my QMV7A using Tapatalk
rickyblaze

Previous

Return to Range Reports