Monday morning range report

Reports from the Firing Line. Let us know how the shooting went and don't forget to post some pictures!

Monday morning range report

Postby potmetal » Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:26 pm

I took my new Sccy CPX2 out to the range today. I brought along a box of Brassmaxx 115gr ammo. My wife came with me to shoot her Bersa Combat for the 1st time.
I had fun with the CPX2. The only hiccup was one failure to feed on the first mag. It just took a push on the slide to get it to go. Otherwise, it fed and eject a whole box of the Brassmaxx with out a problem. After I got used to the trigger, I found it to be pretty accurate. Felt recoil was pleasant too. I didn't feel much difference in it, or the Bersa 380. My wife did, and she decided that she'd stick with her Bersa, but then at lunch, he started saying that she just needed more time to get used to it. This could be trouble. She might decide to claim both guns!
I haven't looked seriously at these guns before because I thought they'd be like a Kel Tec. I had one of them a few years ago and hated the trigger and the felt recoil on it. This is a much nicer pistol that I plan to get out and enjoy more often.
potmetal

Re: Monday morning range report

Postby jimbojr85 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:38 am

Different strokes for different folks, my wife doesn't like my SCCY because it just doesn't "fit right" but she likes an LCP and a 1911, so go figure. What I have found with the SCCY is that the more I shoot it, the better it gets. I don't really notice a whole lot of different between double-action only and some of the long-travel, striker-fired guns out there. Reading some of the ammo reports it seems that different guns have different ammo preferences.
jimbojr85
Forum Regular

Return to Range Reports