New SCCY CPX-2 at the range... A couple of things...

Reports from the Firing Line. Let us know how the shooting went and don't forget to post some pictures!

New SCCY CPX-2 at the range... A couple of things...

Postby MinnesotaGuy » Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:38 pm

Took my new CPX-2 to the range today, and must say the feel and performance were excellent. About 150 rounds. Very happy with the purchase.

First of all... Ran 4 types of ammo though it... The Fiocchi, American, & Speer all were perfect, never a problem. However every mag with Aguila resulted in at least one failure.... FTE, FTL, and failure of the slide to return fully to its front position. So beware of the Aguila ammo.

Secondly, a question... Once when loading the mag, was not counting and ended up with 11 in the mag. Did not create any problems when I ran it through the gun. If this is done on a regular basis, will it create any problems?

Thanks

Tom
MinnesotaGuy

Re: New SCCY CPX-2 at the range... A couple of things...

Postby getvicious » Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:14 pm

Not all mags will take 11 rounds. If yours will they should work fine. Test to be sure. Several people do it with no issues. Mine only hold 10. If I could get 11 in mine I would.
It's not the blast that kills you - It's the tumble to the bottom of the 800 foot crater.....
getvicious@yahoo.com
getvicious
Topic Moderator

Postby VladK73 » Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:19 pm

As a Mechanical Engineer I don't advice you to store mag loaded to max capacity - eventually feeding spring will get a set and it will lead to FTF
VladK73

Postby Mrbone » Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:19 pm

Ive been loading 11 in the mags for a couple years now with zero problems. The mags springs seem great. Its the rest of the gun that its the problem. :lol:
Mrbone
Veteran Member

Postby getvicious » Sun Mar 20, 2016 1:26 pm

Mrbone wrote:Ive been loading 11 in the mags for a couple years now with zero problems. The mags springs seem great. Its the rest of the gun that its the problem. :lol:

It's interesting how some mags can load 11 and others can't. Jason (the SCCY Armorer) said a couple years ago he loads his mags with 11 and has no issues. Some others here have mentioned being able to load 11 too. I have 5 mags. None of them will take 11. If I could put 11 in them I would. Odd.

And how many to load? I've got a copy of an old SKYY manual that shows 9 rounds as the mag capacity. Same mag as in the 1st Gen SCCY labeled pistols and today, just a different base plate for 2nd Gen pistols. Three of my mags are 1st Gen mags from my original pistol. They held 10 in that pistol, they hold 10 in my 2nd Gen pistol with the new base plates.

From page 14:
"As the magazine fills to capacity (9 cartridges), the amount of pressure
increases due to spring preload."

And:
"Never force more than 9 cartridges into the magazine."

From the features list on the back cover:
"9mm 9 Round Magazine Capacity"
It's not the blast that kills you - It's the tumble to the bottom of the 800 foot crater.....
getvicious@yahoo.com
getvicious
Topic Moderator

Postby wrench459 » Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:29 pm

I'm another one that can load 11 rounds into the factory mags.
wrench459
Veteran Member

Return to Range Reports