Range Time Cut Short

Reports from the Firing Line. Let us know how the shooting went and don't forget to post some pictures!

Range Time Cut Short

Postby strider43 » Fri May 27, 2016 10:38 am

My recent trip to my outdoor range was cut short as the slide cracked right where the security guy at the WAC show said it would. This was a replacement pistol that only had a few hundred standard rounds down range. They have sent me a new slide but it wont eject the shells. The first replacement pistol they sent me didn't work out of the box either. I must say Im confused, my instructions didn't indicate that using the pistol was a bad idea.
strider43
Forum Regular

Re: Range Time Cut Short

Postby getvicious » Fri May 27, 2016 12:37 pm

Check the recoil rod. I cracked 3 slides on my original pistol, all due to worn (chewed) recoil rods. My 2nd Gen pistol has been fine.
It's not the blast that kills you - It's the tumble to the bottom of the 800 foot crater.....
getvicious@yahoo.com
getvicious
Topic Moderator

Postby economod » Sat May 28, 2016 6:49 am

strider43 ... Where did the slide crack on the replacement pistol? ... pic?
economod
Veteran Member

Postby getvicious » Sat May 28, 2016 4:23 pm

strider43 wrote:My recent trip to my outdoor range was cut short as the slide cracked right where the security guy at the WAC show said it would. This was a replacement pistol that only had a few hundred standard rounds down range. They have sent me a new slide but it wont eject the shells. The first replacement pistol they sent me didn't work out of the box either. I must say Im confused, my instructions didn't indicate that using the pistol was a bad idea.

Did it crack like this?

All 3 of mine cracked in the same spot. This was the 1st one.

Cracked Slide 7-14-2010.jpg
It's not the blast that kills you - It's the tumble to the bottom of the 800 foot crater.....
getvicious@yahoo.com
getvicious
Topic Moderator

Postby economod » Sun May 29, 2016 10:44 am

My replacement pistol is in route ... shipped last Thursday, to be delivered next Tuesday (gone 50 days).
strider43's story is the kind of never-ending trouble I'll quash, when I sell it at a loss as soon as it arrives. Fact.

... toast to peace and sacrifice, pride and regret ... losses are more permanent than wins
economod
Veteran Member

Postby GregT » Sun May 29, 2016 4:44 pm

And if he had a nickel for every time you pissed and moaned... he would have a small fortune already.
GregT
Forum Regular

Postby arcus10mm » Sun May 29, 2016 5:42 pm

Im more disappointed with SCCY Industries than the cpx-2
arcus10mm
Veteran Member

Postby getvicious » Sun May 29, 2016 8:58 pm

Sorry, it has to be said. :bdh: :bdh: :bdh: :bdh: :bdh: :bdh:
getvicious@yahoo.com
getvicious
Topic Moderator

Postby GregT » Mon May 30, 2016 5:49 am

parkerd wrote:greg - it is a forum to share experiences re SCCY: Good and bad. If you want a all good news, all the time forum, then maybe we need to set some new good rules. There are posters on here who every second post exclaim: "great gun, great gun". You don't appear to have a problem with them.
You need to face the facts that the CPX 3 is the most over hyped, over promised, over committed firerm in history. It could be a Saturday Night skit.

When a firearm has problems... a person should post about that problem... and move forward... move on. But... your needle is stuck... you just keep pissing and moaning and bitching and complaining and whining over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over...
GregT
Forum Regular

Postby Mrbone » Mon May 30, 2016 8:22 am

Hey greg who are you to tell anyone what they can't post? If you don't like hearing negative comments maybe you should move on. :bdh:
Mrbone
Veteran Member

Postby johni37 » Sun Jun 05, 2016 4:34 pm

getvicious wrote:Check the recoil rod. I cracked 3 slides on my original pistol, all due to worn (chewed) recoil rods. My 2nd Gen pistol has been fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
johni37

Postby johni37 » Sun Jun 05, 2016 4:38 pm

Wow. Sorry u had so much trouble with the slide. Recoil rod will do it. My only problem was FTE.
Best of luck with the new one.
John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
johni37

Postby strider43 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:22 am

getvicious wrote:
strider43 wrote:My recent trip to my outdoor range was cut short as the slide cracked right where the security guy at the WAC show said it would. This was a replacement pistol that only had a few hundred standard rounds down range. They have sent me a new slide but it wont eject the shells. The first replacement pistol they sent me didn't work out of the box either. I must say Im confused, my instructions didn't indicate that using the pistol was a bad idea.

Did it crack like this?

All 3 of mine cracked in the same spot. This was the 1st one.

Cracked Slide 7-14-2010.jpg

my cracks are just below the SCCY label. I will take pics and post them next week
strider43
Forum Regular

Postby strider43 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:48 am

here is the pic of my cracked slide, it cracked on both sides
Attachments
DSC_0067.JPG
strider43
Forum Regular

Postby strider43 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:50 am

GregT wrote:And if he had a nickel for every time you pissed and moaned... he would have a small fortune already.

Crappy product leads to crappy feedback, its really simple.......
strider43
Forum Regular

Next

Return to Range Reports