Range Time Cut Short

Reports from the Firing Line. Let us know how the shooting went and don't forget to post some pictures!

Re: Range Time Cut Short

Postby economod » Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:15 am

A black sharpie will fix that good as new.
Add toothpicks and superglue for the essential repair kit.
2016 SCCY WOOD SHIMS > viewtopic.php?p=50025#p50025
9mm AMMO LENGTH > viewtopic.php?p=48248#p48248
CPX2 DESTROYED > viewtopic.php?p=51413#p51413
economod
Veteran Member

Postby GregT » Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:07 pm

strider43 wrote:
GregT wrote:And if he had a nickel for every time you pissed and moaned... he would have a small fortune already.

Crappy product leads to crappy feedback, its really simple.......

Then S&W and Colt and Ruger and Kimber and TAURUS and........

They must all have a "crappy product" by that logic... as there is a sh*t load of crappy feedback on those forums as well.

I've had more troubles from Kimber and Taurus than I have from any other firearms... and the Kimber was almost 5 times the price of the SCCY.
GregT
Forum Regular

Postby getvicious » Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:39 pm

strider43 - Wow, yours cracked on the top and both sides of the top too. Yours is the first one I heard of doing that.
It's not the blast that kills you - It's the tumble to the bottom of the 800 foot crater.....
getvicious@yahoo.com
getvicious
Topic Moderator

Postby economod » Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:02 pm

That must be the new adjustable front sight. Looks good! Adds flawlessnessivity.
Is that the ported CPX-Pro?
Should come with a matching Kevlar helmet.
Looks like it'll pass QC for +P+ (limited use, of course).
Might need a Kevlar holster, too.
Purple Titanium would be nicer.
Handy tacklebox gun ... built-in fish scaler / line cutter.
Very-Quick-Release Scope Mount.
Front Striker, Rear Kindling.

QC Hoax 2016 ... Ships Scrap as New ... Wood Shim Temporary Repair Service ... Waste-Yur-Time&Ammo Warranty.
economod
Veteran Member

Postby strider43 » Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:34 am

economod wrote:That must be the new adjustable front sight. Looks good! Adds flawlessnessivity.
Is that the ported CPX-Pro?
Should come with a matching Kevlar helmet.
Looks like it'll pass QC for +P+ (limited use, of course).
Might need a Kevlar holster, too.
Purple Titanium would be nicer.
Handy tacklebox gun ... built-in fish scaler / line cutter.
Very-Quick-Release Scope Mount.
Front Striker, Rear Kindling.

QC Hoax 2016 ... Ships Scrap as New ... Wood Shim Temporary Repair Service ... Waste-Yur-Time&Ammo Warranty.

That's funny because at first I only noticed that the front sight fell off and I was looking for it on the ground then noticed the crack in the slide. The other funny part is that the security guy at the WAC show checked my sccy and proceeded to tell me that it would break right where it did a week later.
strider43
Forum Regular

Postby economod » Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:42 am

It's only funny because none of the company's innocent test dummies, or bystanders, were injured.
Unregulated-quality production-defective craptastic-trigger dangerous joke pistol. No thanks.
economod
Veteran Member

Postby jcwit » Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:40 pm

I make my own non captive recoil rods out of either brass or steel as I use heavier springs from Wolff.

Haven't posted here for over 2 years, but my SCCY is still working as promised. WAY over 2,000 rounds thru it now, getting close to 3,000.

Now shooting powder coated bullets, no possibility of leading that way.
jcwit
Veteran Member

Postby jcwit » Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:43 pm

economod wrote:It's only funny because none of the company's innocent test dummies, or bystanders, were injured.
Unregulated-quality production-defective craptastic-trigger dangerous joke pistol. No thanks.

There is an old, old saying, if you have nothing good to say, it's best to just keep quite.

There is also an old saying when you see the grain of sand in someones eye be sure to look for the log in your own.
jcwit
Veteran Member

Postby economod » Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:46 pm

You are very wise.
economod
Veteran Member

Postby strider43 » Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:55 pm

jcwit wrote:
economod wrote:It's only funny because none of the company's innocent test dummies, or bystanders, were injured.

There is an old, old saying, if you have nothing good to say, it's best to just keep quite.

There is also an old saying when you see the grain of sand in someones eye be sure to look for the log in your own.

Huh, are you for real? SCCY has chosen to make and sell an absolute piece of shit pistol and market it for concealed carry which is funny as the pistol is absolutely unreliable. :bash:
strider43
Forum Regular

Postby Mrbone » Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:06 am

Jc still at it Lolololol! He got the only good cpx's ever made apparently. :lol:
Mrbone
Veteran Member

Postby jcwit » Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:01 pm

Both my CPX-1 and my CPX-2 have been just fine.

As has my Kimber Custom SS, my Springfield SS GI, Makarov IJ70, CZ 70, Ruger MK 1, Smith & Wesson 22 A1, H & R 949, Smith & Wesson 15-2, Remington 51, Taurus 80, Hi-Standard Duro-Matic .22, Browning 5.5 Field, Llama MAX-I, Star BM, Star Super, Walther P-38, FEG P9R, FEG P9M, Llama XV, Llama IIIA, FEG R61, Smith & Wesson 586, Ruger Single Six.

This is a sampling of my collection and not mentioning any of my long guns.

I think I know more than a little regarding handguns and their function, both auto's and revolvers.

When you get to the point to do your own gunsmithing and making parts, you have nothing to add. BTW, yet to make anything for SCCY's other than recoil rods and replacing springs with heavier ones.

I have a pick of over 70 handguns for carry, with that said, do I trust my SCCY's? In a word YUP.

You know Bone, your constant bashing of the SCCY is really betting old. Don't like their product? Sell it and move on and get a life, otherwise your nothing more than a jerk.
jcwit
Veteran Member

Postby jcwit » Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:02 pm

strider43 wrote:
jcwit wrote:

Huh, are you for real? SCCY has chosen to make and sell an absolute piece of shit pistol and market it for concealed carry which is funny as the pistol is absolutely unreliable. :bash:

In your opinion!
jcwit
Veteran Member

Postby jcwit » Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:07 pm

Ya know, even my Hi-Point in 9mm even goes bang with every handload I give it. May not be pretty, but it does what is has been asked to do!
jcwit
Veteran Member

Postby jcwit » Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:18 pm

parkerd wrote:jcwitt; Welcome back. BTW: you posted 5 months ago, 7 months ago, 9 months ago, and pretty regularly during the past year.

But more importantly, I see you are still of the same mind set, that the purpose of this forum is to sing loudly the praises of of the CPX. Then this would not be a forum. The purpose of a forum is to share experiences, good or bad. But I see you only want the raving fans to post.
Personally I have had nothing bad to say about my two CPXs in quIte a while. Only because they sit in the safe awaiting the gun fairy. I am happy for those who enjoy their purchase, my experience has been too poor to even bother firing the thing. Since you appear unable to keep track of the months, perhaps the same is true about the rounds through your CPX. Maybe it just seems like thousands.

Ooops, sorry, I know you only want to hear good things.

IIAC my last post was 8 1/2 months ago, I am wrong saying it was 2 years ago tho.

Check out my positive report on the partial list of handguns in a previous post, note a partial list, far from a complete listing.
jcwit
Veteran Member

PreviousNext

Return to Range Reports