Range Time Cut Short

Reports from the Firing Line. Let us know how the shooting went and don't forget to post some pictures!

Re: Range Time Cut Short

Postby jcwit » Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:33 pm

Some reading pleasure on how great the Taurus revolvers really are!

https://thefiringline.com/forums/showth ... p?t=360180

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthr ... lem-or-not

http://www.grantcunningham.com/2006/07/ ... revolvers/

This is just for starters, yes it seems all manufactures have problems, some take care of them SCCY?, others not so much, Taurus?

I can do the same with most any manufacturer out their, but it's late and time for bed.

I had a new Corvette a few years ago, the fender and door cracked within the first 2 months. I bought a new Camaro just before that, drove it 3 blocks to my home and it had to be towed to the shop for warranty work, that car was in the shop every 2 weeks that I had it, sold the Camaro, kept the Vette.

Problems are everywhere, and some we make ourselves!

Nite Boys!

Some we solve ourselves!
jcwit
Veteran Member
 
Posts: 544
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:45 am

Re: Range Time Cut Short

Postby economod » Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:05 am

jcwit wrote:There is an old, old saying, if you have nothing good to say, it's best to just keep quite.

There is also an old saying when you see the grain of sand in someones eye be sure to look for the log in your own.

Old saying ... A hypocrite shoots himself in the foot. A fool puts it in his mouth first.

“It is easier to fight for one’s principles than to live up to them.” - Alfred Adler
User avatar
economod
Veteran Member
 
Posts: 423
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:00 am

Re: Range Time Cut Short

Postby Mrbone » Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:54 pm

Hi point and taurus both make a much much higher quality product than Sccy ever will. Thats why i traded mine for a Taurus. I looked at 23 pages of revolver posts on the taurus forum and could only find 2 instances of my model taurus having problems. Sccy forum has tons and tons of bad posts. And taurus sells 10x more guns than sccy. Let that sink in.
Mrbone
Veteran Member
 
Posts: 271
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:15 pm

Re: Range Time Cut Short

Postby tripleb » Sun Jul 17, 2016 5:13 pm

"Hi Point with much higher quality", you've got to be kidding MrBone. Worse trigger pull on the planet ... period! And yes, I have shot HiPoints, both the .45acp carbine and the .45acp pistol. Although they ran trouble free, the weight, trigger pull, and down-right pure ugliness makes the HiPoint a firearm that I would not want in my collection. And, they would be close to impossible to CC comfortably. I won't even get into the fit and finish of the HiPoint and the difficulty of break down for cleaning.

Now the Taurus ... you referenced a revolver. Pistols and revolvers are two distinctly different creatures ... you know that ! However, the Taurus pistols, as I understand it, are hit and miss as far as reliability is concerned. And revolvers, in todays world of CNC accuracy should all be near perfect. We won't get into the issues Taurus had years ago with cylinder timing and shaving lead.
User avatar
tripleb
Seasoned Member
 
Posts: 109
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:56 am

Re: Range Time Cut Short

Postby Mrbone » Sun Jul 17, 2016 6:04 pm

What is most important about a ccw weapon? Reliability. Then comes the rest. Another thing, taurus makes many many models of guns. Sccy only makes one. The cpx, and they cannot get it right period. 5 trips back home my 2 cpxs made is unacceptable. :bdh:
Mrbone
Veteran Member
 
Posts: 271
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:15 pm

Re: Range Time Cut Short

Postby tripleb » Sun Jul 17, 2016 6:27 pm

Mrbone wrote:What is most important about a ccw weapon?


I agree 100% and my CPX2 has been absolutely reliable ... with the exception of WWB ammo.
User avatar
tripleb
Seasoned Member
 
Posts: 109
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:56 am

Re: Range Time Cut Short

Postby Mrbone » Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:45 pm

Im glad yours has been reliable. Mine fired wwb flawlessly. Many many rounds of it. Thats one of the problems with these sccy guns, they are very inconsistent.
Mrbone
Veteran Member
 
Posts: 271
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:15 pm

Re: Range Time Cut Short

Postby jcwit » Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:21 pm

Mrbone wrote:Hi point and taurus both make a much much higher quality product than Sccy ever will. Thats why i traded mine for a Taurus. I looked at 23 pages of revolver posts on the taurus forum and could only find 2 instances of my model taurus having problems. Sccy forum has tons and tons of bad posts. And taurus sells 10x more guns than sccy. Let that sink in.


You might take a look at the links I put us to get some education regarding Taurus!

I earlier referred to you as a jerk, I take that back, I'll rephrase that, you are a bore.

Definition: "bore" being excessively dull, repetitive, or tedious to be around.
jcwit
Veteran Member
 
Posts: 544
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:45 am

Re: Range Time Cut Short

Postby strider43 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:25 am

[There is an old, old saying, if you have nothing good to say, it's best to just keep quite.

There is also an old saying when you see the grain of sand in someones eye be sure to look for the log in your own.[/quote]

Huh, are you for real? SCCY has chosen to make and sell an absolute piece of shit pistol and market it for concealed carry which is funny as the pistol is absolutely unreliable. :bash:[/quote]

In your opinion![/quote]

No dude, the fact that the pistol has proven to be unreliable is fact, not opinion. Thus, if you can accept that fact you can then open yourself to the realty that if the pistol is unreliable it would be pointless as a concealed carry weapon. Maybe I have made an assumption that you know what that is? An CCW is to carry with you in the event that someone may attack you with the intent to do bodily harm to you, you pull out your CCW and shoot them before they hurt you. If the pistol at that time doesn't work you are then getting hurt or killed... :bash: :bash: :bash:
User avatar
strider43
Forum Regular
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Fri May 27, 2016 9:28 am

Re: Range Time Cut Short

Postby strider43 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:31 am

jcwit wrote:
Mrbone wrote:Hi point and taurus both make a much much higher quality product than Sccy ever will. Thats why i traded mine for a Taurus. I looked at 23 pages of revolver posts on the taurus forum and could only find 2 instances of my model taurus having problems. Sccy forum has tons and tons of bad posts. And taurus sells 10x more guns than sccy. Let that sink in.


You might take a look at the links I put us to get some education regarding Taurus!

I earlier referred to you as a jerk, I take that back, I'll rephrase that, you are a bore.

Definition: "bore" being excessively dull, repetitive, or tedious to be around.



Ha Ha Ha, you are funny. I bet you look in the mirror and tell yourself how great you are
User avatar
strider43
Forum Regular
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Fri May 27, 2016 9:28 am

Re: Range Time Cut Short

Postby Mrbone » Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:27 am

Another thing Jcwit isnt mentioning is that he put custom parts in his cpx right away. Not factory parts. That may have something to do with them still functioning properly lol. You want to talk about boring? How about your stupid corvette story you have been telling for two years now. Comparing guns to cars. Lol jc you are a riot!
Mrbone
Veteran Member
 
Posts: 271
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:15 pm

Re: Range Time Cut Short

Postby strider43 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:45 pm

Mrbone wrote:Another thing Jcwit isnt mentioning is that he put custom parts in his cpx right away. Not factory parts. That may have something to do with them still functioning properly lol. You want to talk about boring? How about your stupid corvette story you have been telling for two years now. Comparing guns to cars. Lol jc you are a riot!



I figured he is the owner of SCCY or something like that......
we all get that things happen but as seen in this forum when they happen all the time or in my case when they send back a pistol that doesn't work after its been back to repair? O r the best was when they replaced my CPX-2 with one that DIDNT WORK right out of the box and it had to go right back.........
User avatar
strider43
Forum Regular
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Fri May 27, 2016 9:28 am

Re: Range Time Cut Short

Postby Mrbone » Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:48 pm

Same thing happened to me. After several trips back, sccy replaced my pistol. The one they sent me had a broken extractor right out of the box. Am i crazy? Or is that terrible service? :bdh: :bdh: :bdh: :bdh: :bdh: :bdh: :bdh: :bdh: :bdh: :bdh: :bdh: :bdh: :bdh: :bdh: :bdh:
Mrbone
Veteran Member
 
Posts: 271
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:15 pm

Re: Range Time Cut Short

Postby jcwit » Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:34 pm

strider43 wrote:

I figured he is the owner of SCCY or something like that......


Ya, right I'm partial owner of SCCY, all the way up here in NO. Indiana.

SSSssssshhhhhhure!

Can't you come up with a better story than that. Course I rfead it on the internet, so it must be true! Bonjour
jcwit
Veteran Member
 
Posts: 544
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:45 am

Re: Range Time Cut Short

Postby jcwit » Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:36 pm

strider43 wrote:we all get that things happen but as seen in this forum when they happen all the time or in my case when they send back a pistol that doesn't work after its been back to repair? O r the best was when they replaced my CPX-2 with one that DIDNT WORK right out of the box and it had to go right back.........


You got any idea what the percentage of SCCY owners even know about this forum?
jcwit
Veteran Member
 
Posts: 544
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:45 am

PreviousNext

Return to Range Reports

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Join Florida Carry