Updated: Shot the CPX2 for the first time today

Reports from the Firing Line. Let us know how the shooting went and don't forget to post some pictures!

Updated: Shot the CPX2 for the first time today

Postby fla-gypsy » Sun Sep 04, 2016 8:11 pm

I put 80 rounds of FMJ and JHP through it with no FTF or FTE issues. I did have 6 light strikes but all went off the 2nd pull. I'm going to call on Tuesday to get their opinion on the light strikes. Mostly Remington ammo. I was pleased at the effectiveness at 20'. At 50' I need more practice. Also shot my sons AR15. That was a hoot. The accuracy of that thing at 90 yards was amazing.
Last edited by fla-gypsy on Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.
fla-gypsy
Forum Regular

Re: Shot the CPX2 for the first time today

Postby Ninjascout » Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:00 pm

IMAG0038.jpg
I shot mine today and all was good about same rnd count and noticed that it shoots different with lighter gr ammo , did you use 115 gr? I like to shoot far with my pistols so iam trying different rnds out the 50gr liberty HP come out flat and so fast rgt on target let me know what you have luck with at distance please . Hope yours works flawless from here on out and was just ammo problem
Ninjascout

Postby fla-gypsy » Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:43 pm

Most of what I shot was 115gr FMJ Remington UMC. Did shoot two mags of JHP with no issues at all. All cleaned up and ready again now.
I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.
fla-gypsy
Forum Regular

Postby Mrbone » Mon Sep 05, 2016 1:10 pm

My cpx loved umc fired thousands of rounds of it. Never had a light strike.
Mrbone
Veteran Member

Postby getvicious » Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:29 pm

Prior to the 2nd Gen pistols being produced, Remington was one of the ammo brands with hard primers SCCY warned owners to avoid due to complaints about needing 2nd (or 3rd) trigger pull to fire.

Haven't really seen anything more about that since the 2nd Gens came out.
It's not the blast that kills you - It's the tumble to the bottom of the 800 foot crater.....
getvicious@yahoo.com
getvicious
Topic Moderator

Postby fla-gypsy » Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:31 am

Spoke to Charlie at Sccy. They're sending a new slide, barrel and recoil spring. It doesn't get much better than that
fla-gypsy
Forum Regular

Postby Ninjascout » Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:09 am

Nice to hear that , I love mine and if need iam about 1.5 hours from there shop hope I don't ever need to bring it in but sounds like they back it up real good
Ninjascout

Postby fla-gypsy » Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:08 pm

They are providing a return shipping label as well to send in the old parts. Only a 2 hour drive for me if they don't offer a return label. I simply described the issue, he conferred with someone a moment, and came back with what color slide and what he was sending. It was as easy as that. Less than 5 minutes, coming priority mail. Should arrive by the weekend in case I want to get out to shoot.
fla-gypsy
Forum Regular

Postby fla-gypsy » Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:01 pm

So I got the new parts and the recoil spring assembly is noticeably stronger. This must be another upgrade they have done. That thing is stout. The slide they sent also fits tighter on the rails. Haven't had a chance yet to test it for light strikes.
fla-gypsy
Forum Regular

Postby wrench459 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:19 pm

fla-gypsy wrote:So I got the new parts and the recoil spring assembly is noticeably stronger. This must be another upgrade they have done. That thing is stout. The slide they sent also fits tighter on the rails. Haven't had a chance yet to test it for light strikes.

My updated slide had a deeper recess in order to capture the updated recoil rod snugger.

I've never experienced a light strike with my sccy.
wrench459
Veteran Member

Postby wrench459 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:05 pm

Now I have experienced a "squid" round in my 995ts carbine.
It just when pop instead of BANG.
It left a trail of yellow flakes in the chamber .
wrench459
Veteran Member

Postby fla-gypsy » Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:39 pm

Update: had a chance to fire the CPX with the new upper today. Light strikes continued with the same ammo but went away after it was gone. That issue appears to have been ammo all along. The Federal 115 FMJ didn't want to feed at first but then cycled fine. The Winchester 147 JHP was problematic for the first 20 rounds and didn't want to feed on several occasions. After that it only didn't want to feed on clambering the first round which I was able to rack manually and performed flawlessly afterward through the entire magazine. I'm going to clean it up good and polish the feed ramp before trying the Winchester 147 gr JHP again to see if that clears up the first round feed. I put a 100+ rounds through it today but still not trouble free. If it doesn't feed right after that I will contact Sccy again for a solution. On the other hand my Taurus model 83 .38sp revolver is a blast to shoot and never fails. I shot up some 50 year old ammo today through it.
fla-gypsy
Forum Regular

Return to Range Reports