New CPX-2 stainless & black

Reports from the Firing Line. Let us know how the shooting went and don't forget to post some pictures!

New CPX-2 stainless & black

Postby smokeyburb » Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:20 pm

I picked it up brand new on Monday. I spent a few evenings dry firing and using a LaserLyte Training Time system at home where I can get up to a 14-yard indoor range down a hallway. I am impressed with slow, dry fire accuracy. Nice bonus, that is not what I expected.

Today I had time to put 50 rounds down range. 20 flawless Federal 115 gr FMJ felt good.

20 rounds of WWB, 115 gr FMJ had issues. It wasn't as bad as expected: with mag 1 had one FTE at round 7. Mag 2, one FTF at round 6. I used both mags and these were pretty minor issues with everything being new.

Then I grabbed 5 Federal and 5 WWB, shook them in my hand and loaded at random. That mag fed, fired, and extracted just fine.

Today I wasn't really trying hard for accuracy but focused on learning the system (grip, sights, & trigger). I used one mag with flat base plate and one with pinky extension. I've never used it but I think I need to try adding some grip tape. I definitely need to concentrate on placing my finger on the trigger or I find my fingertip gets sore after 10 presses. Recoil was very manageable, but I've been shooting mostly .40S&W for a couple years.

Overall I like it and think I made a good choice.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
smokeyburb

Re: New CPX-2 stainless & black

Postby Mark38090 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:56 pm

Welcome from Brooker Florida.
Mark38090
Forum Regular

Postby novaman69 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:07 pm

I just purchased the cpx1 in stainless and black. Haven't got to shoot but about 10 rounds so far though.
novaman69

Postby getvicious » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:45 am

novaman69 wrote:I just purchased the cpx1 in stainless and black. Haven't got to shoot but about 10 rounds so far though.

Nice - congrats.
It's not the blast that kills you - It's the tumble to the bottom of the 800 foot crater.....
getvicious@yahoo.com
getvicious
Topic Moderator

Return to Range Reports