I'm Happy To Report...

Reports from the Firing Line. Let us know how the shooting went and don't forget to post some pictures!

I'm Happy To Report...

Postby CB236 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:35 am

Ladies and Gentlemen,
This past Monday, March 20, 2017, I visited a local outdoor range for some well deserved solo shooting. I'm so very happy to report to you that, for the first time, I experienced ZERO FTF, FTE, FTB issues with my SCCY II. I shot an entire 50-rd box of Aquila 124gr FMJ ammo withour a single issue. This has not been the case in the past as I continued to have a significant number of Fail to Eject and Fail to Battery issues; prolly 40% of the time.

So what did I do to correct the issues? I'm glad you asked. First, I used the conical shaped polishing stone in my Dremel and gave the feed ramp a thorough cleaning; following the curvature as well as the length of the ramp. Also made sure to SLIGHTLY round off the edges on the sides of the ramp, just in case. Second, I took a thin flat file and removed the coating from the rails on both the frame and the slide. This exposed the shinny metal but I was careful to only remove the coating. Lastly, used a light gun grease from Tetra.

Give it a try.
I Reload, Therefore, I Am
CB236

Re: I'm Happy To Report...

Postby wrench459 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:34 pm

Very glad to hear your report.

As a side note
Go ahead and shape the front left & right rails in a half moon.
wrench459
Veteran Member

Return to Range Reports