My CPX-2

Reports from the Firing Line. Let us know how the shooting went and don't forget to post some pictures!

My CPX-2

Postby WoodLark » Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:47 pm

I received my CPX-2 yesterday. First thoughts: Someone at the factory took the time to clean and lube the gun before shipping it out; that is a big plus for Sccy! I hear people complaining about the trigger. I accept that a DAO trigger is going to be heavier than a striker or SAO trigger. In my opinion the CPX-2 has the nicest DAO trigger I have ever shot. Would I like a little shorter reset? Sure, but it is what it is; I can live with it.

I went to the range this morning. It shots a little to the left, but I will deal with that by adjusting the rear sight (it is the gun, not me, I tend to shoot low and to the right if I'm not careful). Recoil is definitely noticeable, but that is also something I expected; after all it weighs half as much as my 9mm 1911.

Here are my feed results with various ammo (in the order I shot with no cleaning between):

100 rds Winchester White Box 115gr FMJ: no failures
50 rds Fiocchi 92gr EMB: 3 fail to feed
50 rds Federal XM9001 115gr HP: 2 fail to feed
35 rds Remington HTP 115gr HP: no failures
5 rds Sig V-Crown 124gr HP: no failures
18 rds Fiocchi XTP 124gr HP: no failures
5 rds Federal Hydra-Shok 124gr HP: no failures
TOTAL: 263 rounds

I was not surprised at the feed issues with the Fiocchi EMB; it has been problematic in a few other pistols as well.

I was a little disappointed in the performance of the Federal XM9001. It has a profile very close to FMJ, and I expected it to feed easily.

Although their were a few feed failures, I am not disappointed. I think this is going to be a good summer carry gun, I have seen a lot worse from much more expensive firearms.
Earth is the insane asylum of the universe!
WoodLark

Re: My CPX-2

Postby wrench459 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:31 pm

Nice post thank you for the feedback.
wrench459
Veteran Member

Re: My CPX-2

Postby Mark38090 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:40 pm

Nice review, I agree with your assessment. I've also seen alot worse from much more expensive weapons.
Mark38090
Forum Regular

Return to Range Reports