1st range trip CPX 2

Reports from the Firing Line. Let us know how the shooting went and don't forget to post some pictures!

Re: 1st range trip CPX 2

Postby bobd400 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:50 pm

Third trip to the range today, 8 degrees here and snowing so it was a short trip! Pretty happy today. No feeding issues at all today. Only 60 rounds. 20 rounds PMC 147gr FMJ, 20 rounds Hornady 147gr xtp and 20 rounds Hornady 124gr xtp.

Haven't taken any other action since the last trip. Likely will still polish the feed ramp when I get around to it.

So at this point the only real negative I can see as I mentioned is the grip doesn't fit my hand exactly so after three or four rounds I have to take a regrip. Nothing tragic but Just noting. And then it has the typical small pistol issue of being way more sensitive to bad shooting form with regards to accuracy. However the pistols accuracy is very acceptable.

I'll give another update after my next range trip, which hopefully won't be too long, but at this point I'd have to say I'm pretty comfortable that the issues I had were more of breaking in period than anything.
bobd400

Postby jimbojr85 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:44 pm

In my experience I would rather take a beating than shoot my SCCY on a cold day. Ouch.
The magazines DO get easier to load as they break in, that is typical with most magazines. My advice is to buy an UpLula magazine loader - it works and there is no pain.
jimbojr85
Forum Regular

Postby wrench459 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:24 pm

My favorite recipe.
6.4 grains of power pistol set @1.120 COAL 124gr. GDHP.
wrench459
Veteran Member

Postby Walnut Red » Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:11 pm

I don't mean to insult you by stating something everyone should know but don't forget to tap the back of the loaded magazine on the palm of your hand a few times. It helps seats the bullets in the magazine properly.
Walnut Red

Postby bobd400 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:29 am

Walnut Red wrote:I don't mean to insult you by stating something everyone should know but don't forget to tap the back of the loaded magazine on the palm of your hand a few times. It helps seats the bullets in the magazine properly.

No insult taken. Always smack my magazines like that. Good habit picked up a long time ago...thanks!
bobd400

Previous

Return to Range Reports