New CPX2 range report - no issues

Reports from the Firing Line. Let us know how the shooting went and don't forget to post some pictures!

New CPX2 range report - no issues

Postby TrapperBob » Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:44 pm

Ok, got a new CPX2 a couple weeks ago, took it to the range yesterday. I polished the feed ramp the other day, just to start. Shot 1 box each of 5 different brands of ammo (all brass case), 2 brands of hollow point and 3 brands of FMJ (2 round nose 1 flat nose) . No problems at all, except for the still difficult to load magazines. They've been sitting full in the safe since I got the pistol with the hope of loosening them up a bit. Still had to use the UpLala to load the mags, could NOT get that last round in otherwise. Hopefully they'l loosen up some more.

I've had problems with my other SCCY, eventually fixed by SCCY, but this one seems good to go.
TrapperBob

Re: New CPX2 range report - no issues

Postby FastEddie » Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:28 pm

Had my mag loaded constantly for past 8 or 9 months. Never gets any easier to load. I thought about cutting one loop off the spring to see if it makes a difference. The most difficult loading mags I have ever encountered. Have to wonder if that contributes to FTl issues I and others have.
FastEddie
Forum Regular

Postby wrench459 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:27 pm

I thought that I knew all the acronyms.
What is FTi/FTl?
wrench459
Veteran Member

Postby Grubb73 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:06 pm

FastEddie wrote:Had my mag loaded constantly for past 8 or 9 months. Never gets any easier to load. I thought about cutting one loop off the spring to see if it makes a difference. The most difficult loading mags I have ever encountered. Have to wonder if that contributes to FTl issues I and others have.

Google: Maglula UpLULA !!!!
Grubb73

Postby FastEddie » Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:20 am

Google: you should be able to load your mags without carrying around an extra device.
FastEddie
Forum Regular

Postby Walnut Red » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:00 am

Yeah, not needing the device would be nice. However talk to anyone who owns a CZ 82/83 and they will tell you that loading the last few round in those magazine is also interesting. I sold off two Carter Arms AR7s, bought 25 years apart, because not only were the last few rounds hard to load but the mag lip would slice my thumb. Sure I wish the mags were easier to load. But now that I bought a mag loader I use it on any mag that will fit into it.
Walnut Red

Postby Grubb73 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:59 am

FastEddie wrote:Google: you should be able to load your mags without carrying around an extra device.

I use my loader on both the .40 and cpx-2. It handles both the single stack and the double. It is designed to center the narrow mags.
I don't go to the range planning to only fire two mags. I don't know anyone who doesn't carry a range bag. If you take two or more firearms and enough ammo. to make the trip worthwhile, you can't carry it all in your pockets. If you fire 50 or so per gun, 10 rounds at at time, having a loader the most sensible thing to do.

If you are going out cc then you carry two mags and don't plan to reload, else you'd also carry an extra box of ammo.
Grubb73

Postby FastEddie » Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:08 pm

The point being is I don't have any issues loading any other mags except SCCY. I my opinion, that is the way mags should operate. I have a mag loader and other than the SCCY mags it serves no purpose for me.
FastEddie
Forum Regular

Postby wrench459 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:34 pm

I've only got one thing to say...http://www.maglula.com/product/uplula-9mm-to-45acp/

Here is a range report on the thing.

wrench459
Veteran Member

Postby DANM99 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:20 pm

I can load my CPX2 mags full without a loader, but my attitude is why fight it. I have a loader for the BHP that fits perfectly that I am using, and a Lula for the fatter mags like the
glock 10mm ones and others. No doubt the Lula would work fine on the CPX mags, but the BHP one fits just right. Loaders are cheap, and faster, so why not use them? TrapperBob, I am glad to hear that you had no issues with mixed ammo during your first range trip. My CPX2 experience has been the same so far....
Ten Bears: "You are the Grey Rider, you would not surrender to the blue coats. You may go in peace."
Josey Wales: "I reccon not"

Charlie Waite: "Men are gonna die here today, Sue, and I am gonna kill them"
DANM99

Postby alexrckid » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:50 pm

Hickok45 uses an UPLULA quite a bit in his videos.......speeds things up and makes loading a breeze
alexrckid
Forum Regular

Return to Range Reports