another failure free day at the range

Reports from the Firing Line. Let us know how the shooting went and don't forget to post some pictures!

another failure free day at the range

Postby alexrckid » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:44 pm

great day at the (outdoor) range today. not only was the weather fantastic but, as usual, my CPX performed absolutely fault free. put 250 rounds of WWB(150), Remington(50) and 50 rounds of Precision(brand) defensive rounds....all 115 grain........loaded three mags with 10 rounds......not a single problem. brought it home, along with my Walther Creed and Ruger Security 9....cleaned and lubed them. the CPX was the easiest to clean since it's designed with lots of simplicity. grabbed anther 250 rounds at Walmart on the way home...............
and this is why my CPX is my EDC.........
alexrckid
Forum Regular

Re: another failure free day at the range

Postby sccytoter » Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:55 pm

alexrckid wrote:great day at the (outdoor) range today. not only was the weather fantastic but, as usual, my CPX performed absolutely fault free. put 250 rounds of WWB(150), Remington(50) and 50 rounds of Precision(brand) defensive rounds....all 115 grain........loaded three mags with 10 rounds......not a single problem. brought it home, along with my Walther Creed and Ruger Security 9....cleaned and lubed them. the CPX was the easiest to clean since it's designed with lots of simplicity. grabbed anther 250 rounds at Walmart on the way home...............
and this is why my CPX is my EDC.........

Sounds pretty good to me! Man, you sure ran a lot of rounds through it in one day. I get about 50 rounds through mine, and I am ready to call it a day. :wink:
Semper Fi Mac!
sccytoter
Veteran Member

Postby getvicious » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:41 am

Nice!
It's not the blast that kills you - It's the tumble to the bottom of the 800 foot crater.....
getvicious@yahoo.com
getvicious
Topic Moderator

Postby sccytoter » Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:45 pm

I went to the range this morning, and took my S&W Shield 9mm and my newest CPX-2. I ran 50 rounds through each, a mix of 115 grain Federal ball and Geco 124 grain ball, and both ran great. I was just doing 15 yard line shooting, and touching one off at about one second intervals. I was pretty much center right with the CPX, and center left with the Smith.

This is the second time I shot this particular SCCY, but it shot 100% this time. The first time I took it out, a couple of weeks ago, I had issues with one of the two magazines. It would not lock the slide back on the last round, but not this time. I think it is smoothing out a bit now.

Anyways, thought I would just share this to add to OP's post...a trouble free range trip with the newest CPX! :D
Semper Fi Mac!
sccytoter
Veteran Member

Return to Range Reports