AMMUNITION " LAX AMMUNITION IN STOCK"

Forum for comments and questions regarding all ammunition types.

AMMUNITION " LAX AMMUNITION IN STOCK"

Postby TexasLookout » Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:34 pm

LAX AMMUNITION has a variety of 9mm NEW (name brand) and or RELOADS. If you purchase their reloads you will get a 7% discount. THE DISCOUNT CODE IS LAX7OFF.

I have purchased reloads in the past for just shooting at about $11.00 a box with no issues at all , but that was about 3 years ago.

That works out to less than $18.00 per 50 box shipped to at least my door in Texas. The new ammunition is up there in price but I am not sure what people are paying around the country.

Any Thoughts
Last edited by TexasLookout on Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:16 pm, edited 7 times in total.
TexasLookout
Seasoned Member

Re: 6:32pm cst 6/11/13 9mm 115 gr. Ammunition in Stock

Postby getvicious » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:19 pm

I've never heard of these guys but they have a pretty good amount of available ammo, considering how everyone seems to be out all the time in the past 6 months. Most prices don't seem to be too outrageous either.
It's not the blast that kills you - It's the tumble to the bottom of the 800 foot crater.....
getvicious@yahoo.com
getvicious
Topic Moderator

Re: 6/12/2013 11pm cst 9mm IN STOCK GANDER MOUNTAIN

Postby h2otoo » Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:41 am

I just saw this post and had to check, still there. Surprise. (I did not order any, got plenty on hand). Gander Mountain has always been pretty decent. Their surcharge was only 5$ not too long ago. Moved it up to 7$ when things got crazy, now I see it is 9$. They do not seem to be marking the actual ammo up too much though. So, the question is, as usual, buy now while it is there or hope that things are starting to get back to normal? I am hoping for the latter.

~Bob
h2otoo
Veteran Member

Postby getvicious » Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:07 pm

h2otoo wrote:I just saw this post and had to check, still there. Surprise. (I did not order any, got plenty on hand). Gander Mountain has always been pretty decent. Their surcharge was only 5$ not too long ago. Moved it up to 7$ when things got crazy, now I see it is 9$. They do not seem to be marking the actual ammo up too much though. So, the question is, as usual, buy now while it is there or hope that things are starting to get back to normal? I am hoping for the latter.

~Bob

I don't understand your surcharge comment. What surcharge? For what? On-line, in retail store? :?:
It's not the blast that kills you - It's the tumble to the bottom of the 800 foot crater.....
getvicious@yahoo.com
getvicious
Topic Moderator

Postby h2otoo » Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:30 pm

I do not have any Gander stores near me, the surcharge is something they put on ammo orders online. I always have gotten free shipping from them, but they do get that extra charge in there. I imagine it is only an online thing.

~Bob
h2otoo
Veteran Member

Postby getvicious » Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:33 pm

h2otoo wrote:I do not have any Gander stores near me, the surcharge is something they put on ammo orders online. I always have gotten free shipping from them, but they do get that extra charge in there. I imagine it is only an online thing.

~Bob

Oh, a way for them to charge more than the retail price in their retail stores even though their overhead for on-line sales is less than their overhead for the retail store. Got it. 8)
getvicious@yahoo.com
getvicious
Topic Moderator

Postby h2otoo » Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:16 am

[/quote]
Oh, a way for them to charge more than the retail price in their retail stores even though their overhead for on-line sales is less than their overhead for the retail store. Got it. 8)[/quote]

BINGO!
h2otoo
Veteran Member

Postby babsc01 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:30 pm

I've ordered ammo online from several places, found via www.gunbot.net. So far, all ammo has arrived within a couple weeks of order, and that's only because they are required to ship via ground services, which takes a little longer.

The only order I'm still waiting on is a 500rd order of .22LR. Got it for a great price, and I'm willing to wait until they have it in stock to ship (they're saying June 30).
Smith & Wesson SD9 VE
SCCY CPX-2 Gen 2
Hi-Point JCP .40 S&W
Kahr CW9 (wifey's carry)
Ruger SR22
Remington 597 .22LR Rifle
Stevens Model 320 Security 12-gauge Shotgun
babsc01
Seasoned Member

Re: AMMUNITION BUYING

Postby TexasLookout » Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:59 am

I just will not pre-order ammunition its got to be in stock. Too much anticipation waiting for item being shipped and I don't want to base my life around anticipation.

Every seller of ammunition I have purchased from (all over the USA) has been shipped to me as described and on time even with shortages.

There was vendor at the NRA Annual Convention in Houston this year. Visited with them and said I was looking for specific ammunition their reply was that it was in stock. However after waiting their (maximum) time frame for shipping. I sent one email which was ignored, then another asking if they were shipping and if not please cancel my order. They cancelled my order which was no problem with me as it had been over a month waiting. This order included Free Shipping, so it is true if it sounds to good to be true then it probably is.

So this was the only time an issue happened. Life is Good
TexasLookout
Seasoned Member

Re: AMMUNITION BUYING

Postby minnesota » Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:07 pm

I know we're not supposed to bash here but, your one of the reasons there is a shortage of ammo, the retailers have guidelines to follow so people don't hoard and I think it all boils down to being patient, ammo will come back but actions like this just move it back. Personnel feelings, I just had to get this off my chest I have just seen people do this several times in the last few months.
minnesota

Return to Ammunition