Ammo In Stock

Forum for comments and questions regarding all ammunition types.

Re: Ammo In Stock

Postby wknight40 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:18 pm

Though the shelves were not overflowing I did see some 40.
wknight40
Veteran Member

Postby Unown » Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:14 pm

Today I got 2 Remington Golden Bullet Value Packs. 22LR 525 hollow points for $21.97 each at Wallyworld in OP Kansas. First time I have seen 22LR since early this year. They had 3 but I only got 2 (all the money I had on me). I really didn't need them but I might do some plinking soon. That puts me up around 4000 rounds. I had a couple other bricks of Winchester that I have had for a couple years I think I paid less than $10.00 each for those. If I see it and have the money I buy it and Wal-Mart doesn't gouge as bad a most others. I felt pretty lucky to have found those. The guy right behind me wanted all three but too bad I got there first. My Ruger 10-22 can eat up ammo. I think I'll give my son a box he has a Mossberg 22 semi auto. You know the one that has all the plastic on it that makes it look like an AR. He has a lot of fun with it but I don't think I would want one. They also had 40 and 45 all Winchester but I really didn't pay attention to the price.
EDC CPX2 CB
DOB: 05/15/2013
We are advised by the present administration to NOT judge ALL Muslims by the actions of a few, but we are encouraged to judge ALL gun owners by the actions of a few.
Unown
Seasoned Member

Postby HootmonSccy » Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:23 pm

My Walmart limits you to 3 boxes... At the lack of availability in my area, I have NO issue with this policy...
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson
HootmonSccy
Topic Moderator

Postby Unown » Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:29 pm

Me neither I ok with the limit, I'm just glad I got there first. I've been known to go thru 500 rounds 22LR in an afternoon just plinking like I said. I've been afraid to do it since I haven't been able to find any.
EDC CPX2 CB
DOB: 05/15/2013
We are advised by the present administration to NOT judge ALL Muslims by the actions of a few, but we are encouraged to judge ALL gun owners by the actions of a few.
Unown
Seasoned Member

Postby wrench459 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:08 pm

parkerd wrote:Good luck with the Academy Monarch ammo. I have it to be the least acceptable ammo in any caliber. It fires most of the time, but loading and ejection are considerable problems. Maybe just my guns,..

Went to the range today and shot two box's of monarch steel.
Dang, they run very dirty.
Nope, it's not just your guns... it gummed up my pistol also.
wrench459
Veteran Member

Postby getvicious » Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:46 pm

Interesting comments about the Monarch ammo. Makes me wonder if it complies with SAAMI specs.
It's not the blast that kills you - It's the tumble to the bottom of the 800 foot crater.....
getvicious@yahoo.com
getvicious
Topic Moderator

Postby mike_sax » Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:56 am

New around here, but I have been purchasing bulk 9 mm ammo from Ammunition Depot out of Florida. I got 115 grain FMJ rounds, case of 1000 for $219. Shipping wasn't too bad. I think all total it came to around $.23/round. I have received 2 shipments from them and they came FedEx in 4 days to TX.
mike_sax

Previous

Return to Ammunition