mag and last shot slide lock problems

Forum for comments and questions regarding all ammunition types.

mag and last shot slide lock problems

Postby bezoar » Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:19 am

I had a problem with my SCCY gen 2 first time out. The bullets in the loaded mag could easily be moved around . Other problem was, last shot slide lock didn't work. I contacted SCYY and got a response in 48 hours. They immediately knew what was wrong; They told me to take out the mag spring and rotate it 180 degrees with the high side of spring facing forward. That a cured bothe problems. Seems this is a production problem with their mags. So, if anyone has this issue, this is the fix.. Oh, and if I didn't mention it, do NOT shoot aluminum or steel casings :wink:
bezoar

Re: mag and last shot slide lock problems

Postby HootmonSccy » Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:09 pm

Thanx for the info...
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson
HootmonSccy
Topic Moderator

Postby wknight40 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:59 pm

Could have been new people assy the mags and they did not know any better. Who knows how long it went before the problem was caught. At least it is an easy fix and SCCY knows about it and has corrected the problem. Still not sure if mine were right or wrong out of the box. First time at the range it gave no real problems. The second time I had several failure to back into battery. I had torn the mags down and may have put them back together wrong. The third time I did not have that problem because as I read here they seemed to be backwards. Problem fixed, happy. For what I paid I'm not expecting, nor did I expect, a perfectly working gun. Yes it would be nice to have less problems but I'm not complaining. I will work with SCCY on any problems that arise until I feel they are not doing their part.
wknight40
Veteran Member

Postby gunstech » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:29 am

Although Im not new to firearms in general, Handgun ownership is new to me within the last 8 months. Having purchased my SCCY for several reasons, one including price point of around $300.00. I know, there are people on here and every other forum that say $300 is cheap for a new firearm, but for my $300 I too expected nothing less than a perfectly "working" firearm. Out of the box the flat base for the mags did not fit, (yes, i know, call them for new ones, which I did, yes they did send me the correct ones free of charge). The first 300 or so rounds the gun operated nicely with 1 FTE...acceptable.....after that the firearm would not chamber a round every other round or so, sent it in and Jason polished the feed ramp and replaced the ejector, got it back, first 100 rounds or so no problems, now the slide wont lock back on the last round. I still really like the little gun its comfortable to carry etc...since that time Ive bought a new S&W SD 9VE and so far after 500 or so rounds no problems at all. I do want SCCY to succeed and yes I would buy another firearm from them, I think if they get the little things right like Parkered said, they will be a major player in this competitive industry.
"To disarm the people is the most effectual way to enslave them."
- George Mason
gunstech
Seasoned Member

Return to Ammunition