Tulammo 9mm

Forum for comments and questions regarding all ammunition types.

Tulammo 9mm

Postby arizonaopa » Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:43 pm

Has anyone else come across 9mm ammo from Tulammo. I found a 100 rd can at Walmart. The can says that it is brass not steel as Tulammo usually has. I will be taking it out to the range this week to try it out, but wonder if anyone else has used it. BTW, Walmart charged $13 for the can.
arizonaopa

Re: Tulammo 9mm

Postby wknight40 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:09 pm

Saw some at my local Wal~Mart a couple of weeks ago. Did not look at the price as most I have seen was steel cased and the range I go to want brass only. Did also see some PSX 124Gr there also. Don't remember the price. May pick some up when I start to carry it.
wknight40
Veteran Member

Postby Man Scout Cookies » Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:08 pm

I have found and used tulammo brassmax it comes in 50 round packages (for me) of brass cased 9mm with fmj brass coated bullet the box said made in italy (it reminded me of fionchi) The stuff shot great in my CPX 2 real good stuff.

Just on the offchance anyone knows has anyone had problems with blazer in their cpx? I've been shooting blazer recently and getting failures to extract.
Man Scout Cookies
Forum Regular

Postby Man Scout Cookies » Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:30 pm

Thanks for the input I appreciate it. Maybe it was because it was very new ammo I bought a blazer 350 pack 2 days ago. But I gotta check the extractor more closely and see if it is chipped but from the outside it looks pretty intact.
Man Scout Cookies
Forum Regular

Postby getvicious » Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:49 am

Man Scout Cookies wrote:Thanks for the input I appreciate it. Maybe it was because it was very new ammo I bought a blazer 350 pack 2 days ago. But I gotta check the extractor more closely and see if it is chipped but from the outside it looks pretty intact.

Check your Recoil Rod too. If it's chewed, rather than nice and smooth, that can cause a whole range of issues because it can prevent the Slide from moving freely as it needs to.
It's not the blast that kills you - It's the tumble to the bottom of the 800 foot crater.....
getvicious@yahoo.com
getvicious
Topic Moderator

Postby GoesBang » Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:20 pm

Man Scout Cookies wrote:I have found and used tulammo brassmax it comes in 50 round packages (for me) of brass cased 9mm with fmj brass coated bullet the box said made in italy (it reminded me of fionchi) The stuff shot great in my CPX 2 real good stuff.

The BrassMaxx is made by Fiocchi in Italy. Fiocchi has a plant here in Missouri (Ozark). It would be nice if their pistol ammo was easily available here as well. They always have lower prices on their merchandise too.
SCCY CPX-2-CB s/n 085x (Born on 4/25/13) Receiver replaced 3/14 s/n 129x
Ruger P95PR
Henry Golden Boy H004
Kel-Tec P11/P40
RIA 1911 Tactical FS 45 ACP
RIA M206 38 Special 2"

USMC 1976-79 3rd MAW Camp Pendleton, CA
HTTP://www.X-CalibearUSA.com
GoesBang
Veteran Member

Postby Tommymchristian » Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:46 pm

I bought my first can of 9mm Tula-Ammo at Walmart and just hoped it worked. It actually was the only 9MM range ammo I could find. Academy seems to be loading up on the self defense ammo in the smaller 20 packs that cost the same or a lot more but no range ammo. I was pleasantly surprised at the ammo. My son and I put about 75 rounds through the CPX2 with no problems. I did notice that if I racked the first round in too fast it would hang up a little but I backed off just a bit and it went in just find. No FTF or FTE at all. I went back and bought two more cans. So far, I'm a believer!
CPX2
Taurus Judge 3" Mag
Taurus TCP 738
Rossi 357
Wingmaster 870
JC Higgins Model 28

THE GOLDEN RULE SAYS IT ALL!
Tommymchristian

Postby getvicious » Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:41 pm

Tommymchristian wrote:I bought my first can of 9mm Tula-Ammo at Walmart and just hoped it worked. It actually was the only 9MM range ammo I could find. Academy seems to be loading up on the self defense ammo in the smaller 20 packs that cost the same or a lot more but no range ammo. I was pleasantly surprised at the ammo. My son and I put about 75 rounds through the CPX2 with no problems. I did notice that if I racked the first round in too fast it would hang up a little but I backed off just a bit and it went in just find. No FTF or FTE at all. I went back and bought two more cans. So far, I'm a believer!

Is that the BrassMAXX that you used / bought more of?

I've used the standard steel case Tulammo with no issues in my 2nd Gen CPX. I have a 100 round "can" of their BrassMAXX but haven't shot any of it yet.
It's not the blast that kills you - It's the tumble to the bottom of the 800 foot crater.....
getvicious@yahoo.com
getvicious
Topic Moderator

Postby basshnter1 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:33 pm

I've bought 600 rounds of the Brassmax and haven't shot the first one yet.
It sure looks nice though, way better than say Federal or Winchester white box.
I've also put at least 250 rounds of the super cheap Tullammo steel case through my cpx2.
No problems other than it's just really dirty ammo.
I may get a hiccup of some kind after fifty or more rounds but usually not.
The brassmax I bought said manufactured in Bosnia or Hersogovina.
basshnter1
Forum Regular

Postby babsc01 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:42 pm

I've heard the Tula BrassMAXX ammo is not manufactured quite to specs. This was confirmed when wifey tried to shoot some through her Kahr CW9...she had several FTEs and one or two FTFs. My CPX had no problems with it, but I think I shot 10 rounds of it, at the most.

In my opinion, it's all trial and error. Find what works best for your weapons AND what fits within your shooting budget. Then, stick with it as long as you can find it. Haters are gonna hate, no matter what you shoot, right?
Smith & Wesson SD9 VE
SCCY CPX-2 Gen 2
Hi-Point JCP .40 S&W
Kahr CW9 (wifey's carry)
Ruger SR22
Remington 597 .22LR Rifle
Stevens Model 320 Security 12-gauge Shotgun
babsc01
Seasoned Member

Postby basshnter1 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:00 pm

I put 100 rounds of the Tullammo Brassmax through My Zastava ez9 today.
One bad primer that fired on the second trigger pull.
One failure to fully extract the fired case that jammed against the next round in the magazine.
Not sure if that was me the gun or the ammo.
basshnter1
Forum Regular

Postby getvicious » Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:44 pm

babsc01 wrote:I've heard the Tula BrassMAXX ammo is not manufactured quite to specs. This was confirmed when wifey tried to shoot some through her Kahr CW9...she had several FTEs and one or two FTFs. My CPX had no problems with it, but I think I shot 10 rounds of it, at the most.

In my opinion, it's all trial and error. Find what works best for your weapons AND what fits within your shooting budget. Then, stick with it as long as you can find it. Haters are gonna hate, no matter what you shoot, right?

In what way? I've looked at it compared to Federal and WWB ammo and don't see any obvious difference to the eye. Without a micrometer I can't tell the measurements. What specification have you heard it's not within?

http://www.saami.org/PubResources/CC_Drawings/Pistol/9mm%20Luger%20-%209mm%20Luger%20+P.pdf
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/9%C3%9719mm_Parabellum

That seems to be really good advice for any gun. I would add once you find the ammo that works well for you, especially for defense, stock up a bit. 8)
getvicious@yahoo.com
getvicious
Topic Moderator

Postby getvicious » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:26 am

parkerd wrote:I put a micrometer on the Tula a while back - did 10 random cartridges. All in spec with other ammo at for width. But shorter that rem or win in length, but all ten the same.

Shorter, but were they short enough to be out of tolerance?

SAAMI calls for the Overall Length to be from 1.0" to 1.169" (http://www.saami.org/PubResources/CC_Drawings/Pistol/9mm%20Luger%20-%209mm%20Luger%20+P.pdf).

What did your rounds measure?
getvicious@yahoo.com
getvicious
Topic Moderator

Postby getvicious » Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:28 pm

parkerd wrote:I didn't write it down, and don't have any BrassMax left right now. But measured the Win - 1.163. Am remembering it was only a little bit., maybe 1.150? I think still in spec. When I get some I will measure. But thinking about it, I think the can stuff is made in a different place than box stuff. I saw some in Walmart the other day. I'll stop there and buy a box today if they still have it. I think it is only about $14.

Yes, their ammo is made in various plants in various countries / cities. Can / box and different calibers are labeled as made in different places.
getvicious@yahoo.com
getvicious
Topic Moderator

Postby jax gunslinger » Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:15 pm

I just shot a box of 380 Tula Brass Max through my Bersa Firestorm. This was the first time I had shot this particular Bersa so I don't know if I have a gun/mag issue or if it's the ammo. But I did have 5-6 FTF. The ammo was dirtier than most of the ammo I normally use, but it was fairly accurate. Still a good deal for 380acp at $14.99 a box.
Attachments
P1050556.JPG
P1050554.JPG
I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them. Thomas Jefferson ***PERMANENTLY BANNED MEMBER OF THE HPFF**
jax gunslinger
Veteran Member

Next

Return to Ammunition