walmart.com not showing all ammo brands

Forum for comments and questions regarding all ammunition types.

walmart.com not showing all ammo brands

Postby sand1303 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:38 pm

so why when i look up on walmart.com i can find out what stores have winchester and federal 9mm in stock with the store_msg hack but any time i try searching for the brassmaxx they carry it tells me there is no such thing in the database. the only two brands that show up for 9mm on walmart.com is winchester and federal. i know they stock other brands. the brassmaxx is like 13 something a box. i would like to be able to check out which walmarts have them. i know every walmart i have walked into the sticker is there for brassmaxx. i have bought it from three different stores.
sand1303
Forum Regular

Re: walmart.com not showing all ammo brands

Postby HootmonSccy » Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:03 pm

Feel very fortunate... I haven't seen a 9mm in my local Wal-Mart in 2 years...
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson
HootmonSccy
Topic Moderator

Postby sand1303 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:47 am

Ya I have better luck at academy but the walmart clear across town had a crazy load of wwb. I just wish brassmaxx would show up for me to check because it's about 7 $ a box cheaper.
sand1303
Forum Regular

Postby 9_guy » Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:52 am

Very jealous. I've found 115 gr Federal fmj there a couple times and Federal 115gr jhp once. .40 and .45 is a little more common, but only a box or two at a time.
CPX-2 ser # 093xxx
9_guy
Forum Regular

Postby getvicious » Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:54 pm

sand1303 wrote:so why when i look up on walmart.com i can find out what stores have winchester and federal 9mm in stock with the store_msg hack but any time i try searching for the brassmaxx they carry it tells me there is no such thing in the database. the only two brands that show up for 9mm on walmart.com is winchester and federal. i know they stock other brands. the brassmaxx is like 13 something a box. i would like to be able to check out which walmarts have them. i know every walmart i have walked into the sticker is there for brassmaxx. i have bought it from three different stores.

Only Walmart can answer your question about ammo being sold that's not visible on their web site. Since the normal view is basically no information about ammo availability at all, I'm kind of surprised they list any ammo on their web site.

That "hack" is kind of nice but I find it's not really very useful since the last inventory date is many times several days in the past. Still, it's a tool to use to start looking. As Miss Kim used to say: "You just never know."
It's not the blast that kills you - It's the tumble to the bottom of the 800 foot crater.....
getvicious@yahoo.com
getvicious
Topic Moderator

Postby GoesBang » Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:10 pm

parkerd wrote:Wonder what causes the difference is across the country? Local Walmart stores in southeast Missouri have so much 9mm they can't put it all on the shelves. Stopped in one local store yesterday and they had all the brass max, remington, federal, winchester. in 9mm that you could want. A couple of cases UMC 250 pack waiting to be bought. The only shortage appears to be 30=30 right now, but today is start of firearm deer, so that might splain that.
Have all the 9 mm I could use, but they also had several brands of 22lr. Bought the max boxes of federal 22 just for kicks.
Wish I could buy it and ship it to you guys who need it.

I live in Missouri as well and usually don't have any issue in buying 9mm ammo at my local Wally World. One day I saw 6 boxes of 9mm NATO, 4 or 5 Tula steel, 8 Tula BrassMaxx, and 3 Winchester white box (100's).

I bought the WWB.
SCCY CPX-2-CB
Ruger P95PR
Henry Golden Boy H004
Sig Sauer P226
RIA 1911 Tactical FS 45 ACP
RIA M206 38 Special 2"
RIA M200 38 Special 4”
Taurus PT940
Marlin 336W/989M2/Camp 9

USMC 1976-79 3rd MAW Camp Pendleton, CA
HTTP://www.X-CalibearUSA.com