Wow, this is some nasty looking Ammo

Forum for comments and questions regarding all ammunition types.

Wow, this is some nasty looking Ammo

Postby gunstech » Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:10 am

"To disarm the people is the most effectual way to enslave them."
- George Mason
gunstech
Seasoned Member

Re: Wow, this is some nasty looking Ammo

Postby Unown » Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:24 am

I've been seeing that everywhere on the net. I don't like it I'll stick with Winchester 115gr Silver Tips for self defense.
EDC CPX2 CB
DOB: 05/15/2013
We are advised by the present administration to NOT judge ALL Muslims by the actions of a few, but we are encouraged to judge ALL gun owners by the actions of a few.
Unown
Seasoned Member

Postby HootmonSccy » Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:35 am

If you like those, you will probably LOVE these....

High Tech Bullet
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson
HootmonSccy
Topic Moderator

Postby gunstech » Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:39 am

pretty impressive, I bet its pretty expensive though.
- George Mason
gunstech
Seasoned Member

Postby TechDiver » Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:21 pm

I have an e-mail into Dixie Ammo Dump to grab a box of those nasty lookers. At $44 for 20 they are pricey but I can swing it once.
Leave the gun. Take the canoli.
TechDiver
Seasoned Member

Postby gunstech » Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:08 pm

sweet, let us know how they work.
- George Mason
gunstech
Seasoned Member

Postby morayman » Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:39 am

HootmonSccy wrote:If you like those, you will probably LOVE these....

High Tech Bullet

Ahh ! The mighty Bolo round! I think I will depend on good shot placement,and practise before I depend on something like that. morayman..............
morayman
Seasoned Member

Postby getvicious » Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:06 am

I'm interested to see how both types of ammo perform in independent tests, or at least more than one test) too. I too want to see what TechDiver thinks after being able to shoot some.

The RIP ammo is apparently $2.20 per round (per TechDiver) and the Advanced Ballistics Concepts (Multiple Impact Technology (Mi3) bullet) is $5.00 per round (on sale) for .45 ACP (9MM round not listed on their web site yet).

At those prices these better be 2 to 5 times better than Critical Defense or Critical Duty (and other similar defensive rounds).

No matter how well a particular round performs, if you can't afford to use it (test fire / train with routinely / carry day to day) it's essentially worthless. At those prices I cannot afford to use it.
It's not the blast that kills you - It's the tumble to the bottom of the 800 foot crater.....
getvicious@yahoo.com
getvicious
Topic Moderator

Postby gunstech » Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:22 am

getvicious wrote:I'm interested to see how both types of ammo perform in independent tests, or at least more than one test) too. I too want to see what TechDiver thinks after being able to shoot some.

The RIP ammo is apparently $2.20 per round (per TechDiver) and the Advanced Ballistics Concepts (Multiple Impact Technology (Mi3) bullet) is $5.00 per round (on sale) for .45 ACP (9MM round not listed on their web site yet).

At those prices these better be 2 to 5 times better than Critical Defense or Critical Duty (and other similar defensive rounds).

No matter how well a particular round performs, if you can't afford to use it (test fire / train with routinely / carry day to day) it's essentially worthless. At those prices I cannot afford to use it.

Excellent point....I still wouldnt mind having a few rounds of each for show and tell.. :lol:
- George Mason
gunstech
Seasoned Member

Postby Stratojaxter » Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:14 pm

They'll penetrate any barrier, except the feed ramp. I can't see these feeding reliably enough to be a viable defense round, and couldn't afford enough rounds to test effectively. They look cool, kinda like a Lego round, but I'll stick with my Federal Hydra-shock 124 gr. They may be outdated, but they have proven to be effective, and I've fired hundreds of them without a hiccup, and without breaking the bank. I still fire at least 1 mag of them every time I hit the range.
The police cannot protect the citizen at this stage of our development... It is up to the private citizen to protect himself and his family, and this is not only acceptable, but mandatory.
-Jeff Cooper
Stratojaxter
Seasoned Member

Postby TechDiver » Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:38 pm

Stratojaxter wrote:They'll penetrate any barrier, except the feed ramp. I can't see these feeding reliably enough to be a viable defense round, and couldn't afford enough rounds to test effectively. ...

That's what I 'm curious about. Feeding. Plus I want to see it f@ck some sh!t up. :twisted: I'm sure that in the end I'll be sticking with my HPR 124g. JHP.

I just got this e-mail from Dixie Ammo Dump...

Right now the only ammo available is 9mm.

When inventories allow it is put on the website of http://www.armthepopulace.com

The 9mm is the only round in production.

The 380,40 and 45 will be available in roughly 4 months and will be sold under the DRT ammo line.

We will also answer questions on face book under G2 Research. It retails for $44.00 per 20 rounds.

We are at this time out of 9mm. Ammo to go in TX, Ammozone in AR was just shipped a pallet. It should be at their doors No Later Than Thursday.

Our G2RIP.com and the G2Rammo.com has been overwhelmed and keeps shutting down due to demand.

We will be selling loaded ammo only, nothing for reloading yet.

Thank you and have a great weekend.

Staff
TechDiver
Seasoned Member

Postby gunstech » Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:33 pm

here ya go...check out these videos...

http://www.funkertactical.com/this-new- ... ner-drool/
- George Mason
gunstech
Seasoned Member

Postby TechDiver » Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:49 pm

Yeah, they're on G2R's site. I like the chicken and balloon clips.
TechDiver
Seasoned Member

Postby Guitarman » Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:17 pm

Too bad you can't buy this kind of ammo in smaller packs. While $44 is a lot to me for 20 rounds, I would pay $12-$14 for a 6 pack just so I had some to load in my carry. I bet they might sell more at a lower retail and smaller pack due to the economy. I spend a lot on ammo anyway with 4 guns that can hold 6 types of ammo. Just have to spread it around to keep some of everything! The awesome look does make one want to use it.
Guitarman

Postby Stratojaxter » Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:04 pm

Guitarman wrote:Too bad you can't buy this kind of ammo in smaller packs. While $44 is a lot to me for 20 rounds, I would pay $12-$14 for a 6 pack just so I had some to load in my carry. I bet they might sell more at a lower retail and smaller pack due to the economy.

I understand the money issue, but why would you buy just enough to load a few for carry? Wouldn't you want to make sure your carry ammo was reliable? You should really fire some, in my opinion hundreds, before you carry a round that you are going to have to trust to defend your wife, kids, and self. A jammed gun is the last thing you want when you see a stranger grabbing your daughter.
The police cannot protect the citizen at this stage of our development... It is up to the private citizen to protect himself and his family, and this is not only acceptable, but mandatory.
-Jeff Cooper
Stratojaxter
Seasoned Member

Next

Return to Ammunition