reminder to us reloaders to pay attention!

Forum for comments and questions regarding all ammunition types.

reminder to us reloaders to pay attention!

Postby morayman » Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:57 pm

Here is a reminder to all us who reload to pay attention to what we are doing!,it can be dangerous if you don't! Warning,very graphic!
http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/201 ... cartridge/
morayman..............
morayman
Seasoned Member

Re: reminder to us reloaders to pay attention!

Postby sccytoter » Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:25 pm

Wow. Bet he won't make that mistake again. :whist:
Semper Fi Mac!
sccytoter
Veteran Member

Postby getvicious » Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:49 pm

Lucky guy. Could have been far worse.
It's not the blast that kills you - It's the tumble to the bottom of the 800 foot crater.....
getvicious@yahoo.com
getvicious
Topic Moderator

Postby jimbojr85 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:45 am

Whoa Nelly!
I got a wake-up call yesterday shooting; I thought I had a failure to feed because a round would not chamber all the way. I cleared the round in the chamber, chambered another round, and it too failed to fully chamber. At that point (somewhat angry and disappointed at the gun for jamming!) I took the gun off the line (new CPX-2) and found a bullet stuck in the forcing cone! Somehow in the cold, with gloves on, and with double hearing protection and the commotion around me I failed to notice a squib reload.
Of course it wasn't the gun's fault!
A few minutes with a brass rod and I was good to go.
Good think it stuck where it did and prevented a fresh round from chambering, otherwise I would have been a textbook example of firing a gun with an obstructed barrel!
jimbojr85
Forum Regular

Postby GrenzeBar » Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:54 pm

Jimbojr.
You're very lucky and observant. When my wife first started reloading I watched as she shot some of her "new" reloads. About the fith round there wasn't the usual "bang" just a loud "pop." She noticed it too. We cleared the weapon and discovered a bullet about half way down the barrel! Borrowed a brass rod and banged it out. Both of us learned a lesson. She was VERY careful about her charges after that. Never figured how she went wrong. All of her other rounds were fine.
GrenzeBar

Postby Hank#zudd » Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:32 pm

eons ago, I saw a Super Blackhawk 44mag hanging behind the counter at a Gibsons in
TX; cylinder was split in half, top strap bowed up.
clerk said a guy double charged some of his loads, but didn't bust the gun till his second shot.

I've yet to do that, but I did weld an M-60 together with a cookoff whilst on active duty,,,,
Hank#zudd

Return to Ammunition