List of Ammo that won't cycle please....

Forum for comments and questions regarding all ammunition types.

Re: List of Ammo that won't cycle please....

Postby Drec » Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:23 pm

It would be interesting to know if the people that are having problems when they hand cycle the gun. My experience has been you have to rack it and let it fly. If you try to let the slide back slowly it will fail every time. That was one of the first things that I learned on one of my other guns. When I stopped letting the slide back slowly, it would chamber every time.
Drec
Forum Regular

Postby GregT » Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:13 am

I can intentionally ride the slide without any feed problems... and even hold on to the slide and let it go in to battery slowly... still no problems.

Maybe I have one of the "good" ones... all except those damn frame pins, I might add. :D
GregT
Forum Regular

Postby alexrckid » Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:52 pm

a POLISHED feed ramp makes a huge difference in feeding. i take 600 grit wet/dry paper wrapped around a pencil eraser and gently burnish a clean barrel feed ramp in line wit
h the ammo feed direction. takes very little to make the ramp look like a jewel. i do this each time that i clean the gun......each time that i go to the range. my 2 year old CPX feeds anything with absolutely zero malfunctions(FTF, FTExtract, FTFeject......etc....)......
alexrckid

Previous

Return to Ammunition