Websites

Forum for comments and questions regarding all ammunition types.

Websites

Postby Jvandy » Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:06 am

I'm still fairly new to the ammunition website world, so for I've bought a few boxed from freedommunitions.com (seems like the in stock took a long time to ship, still waiting...) I've Google a few other sites too.
Can anyone recommend the sites they use and why, and any brands to steer clear of? Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
Jvandy

Re: Websites

Postby sccytoter » Sun Dec 06, 2015 6:36 pm

Most of the time, unless your buying in large quantities, I find that if I keep an eye out at the local stores, I'll find prices about the same as ordering plus shipping.
Semper Fi Mac!
sccytoter
Veteran Member

Re: Websites

Postby getvicious » Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:43 pm

I have bought from Lucky Gunner in the past during the big President Obama Ammo Drought. Now, I find 9mm Luger ammo everywhere so buy locally either at WM, a LGS or place like Cabela's.

The FMJ stuff is almost always a good buy at WM or local shop when on sale. I find that prices are not better on-line unless you just find a great deal. If I were to buy 1000 or more rounds at once I would seriously consider Freedom Munitions.

I use Critical Defense as carry ammo. That's usually available locally at the same price as on-line, especially when on sale.

I don't shoot anything exotic so pretty much everything I want is available locally. The exception is 7.62x54R ammo for my Mosin-Nagant. I bought a couple spam cans a couple years ago on-line.

Search for the best price (add tax, gas and shipping) when looking for ammo. A site like this is nice to use: http://ammoseek.com/

On-line sites to avoid? I don't know of any. Some will say to avoid a particular site but I find those claims, many times, to be based on perceived price gouging. Shop for price to avoid that type of site.
It's not the blast that kills you - It's the tumble to the bottom of the 800 foot crater.....
getvicious@yahoo.com
getvicious
Topic Moderator

Return to Ammunition