Best Ammo for CPX 2 ?

Forum for comments and questions regarding all ammunition types.

Re: Best Ammo for CPX 2 ?

Postby sccytoter » Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:33 pm

baxter513 wrote:I have a brand new gun and I only have a box of 1000 TulAmmo steel case 115 FMJ

Do you think these will be okay to "break in" the gun?

SCCy CPX-2

I have ran about 50 or so rounds of Tula through my newest CPX, and it ran ok...dirty ammo though. I do not like to give any gun I have, except for ComBloc ones, a steady diet of steel cased ammo...I just mix it in and shoot some of it up, but the ComBloc guns pretty much get a steady diet of steel cased. :)
Semper Fi Mac!
User avatar
sccytoter
Veteran Member
 
Posts: 663
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:53 pm
Location: Indiana

Re: Best Ammo for CPX 2 ?

Postby danreece » Sun Dec 18, 2016 4:22 pm

Tula ammo is steel case not recommended by sccy. Tula has history of overloaded ammo in the past(it can blowup your pistol if you get one bad round).Stick to brass case only for safety.I used tula in the past i do not recommend it from past experience (rifle blown up by tula ammo-not fun to happen blind in one eye from it) Good shooting.
danreece
New Member
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:51 pm

Re: Best Ammo for CPX 2 ?

Postby baxter513 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:42 pm

Thanls guys

Wish I had not bought a whole case of 1000 rounds of Tula

It was a cheap sale

ANd since it is illegal at my range I have to snake around and use it "hiding" and looking over my shoulder every 2 minutes to see if the employees are coming
baxter513
New Member
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:36 pm

Re: Best Ammo for CPX 2 ?

Postby forme95 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:38 pm

I just put the first 50 rounds through my cpx2 tonight with no failure of any kind. I got a box of estate 9mm luger 115g when I bought the gun. I was a little worried, but it fired flawlessly. I just bought a box of 100 Winchester 115g at Wal-Mart. So I'll see how those do next.

Sent from my HTC One mini using Tapatalk
forme95
New Member
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 4:13 pm

Re: Best Ammo for CPX 2 ?

Postby baxter513 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:43 pm

Th last time I bought ammo at Walmart the employee gave me this look like they thought I was a scumbag for buying 9mm ammo

So now I buy only on the Internet. Plus its cheaper.
baxter513
New Member
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:36 pm

Re: Best Ammo for CPX 2 ?

Postby wrench459 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:37 pm

forme95 wrote:I just put the first 50 rounds through my cpx2 tonight with no failure of any kind. I got a box of estate 9mm luger 115g when I bought the gun. I was a little worried, but it fired flawlessly. I just bought a box of 100 Winchester 115g at Wal-Mart. So I'll see how those do.


Oh you got a keeper then.
Normally the SCCY... will lets say fluck-up every now again till she seated in.
Once the frame rails becomes rounded she'll run smoooother. :)
Image
wrench459
Veteran Member
 
Posts: 353
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2015 6:37 pm

Re: Best Ammo for CPX 2 ?

Postby forme95 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:00 pm

wrench459 wrote:
forme95 wrote:I just put the first 50 rounds through my cpx2 tonight with no failure of any kind. I got a box of estate 9mm luger 115g when I bought the gun. I was a little worried, but it fired flawlessly. I just bought a box of 100 Winchester 115g at Wal-Mart. So I'll see how those do.


Oh you got a keeper then.
Normally the SCCY... will lets say fluck-up every now again till she seated in.
Once the frame rails becomes rounded she'll run smoooother. :)

Just to add, that is even with the recoil not having the washer on the end

Sent from my HTC One mini using Tapatalk
forme95
New Member
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 4:13 pm

Re: Best Ammo for CPX 2 ?

Postby sccytoter » Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:13 pm

baxter513 wrote:Th last time I bought ammo at Walmart the employee gave me this look like they thought I was a scumbag for buying 9mm ammo

So now I buy only on the Internet. Plus its cheaper.

What? Why would they look at you like that?
Semper Fi Mac!
User avatar
sccytoter
Veteran Member
 
Posts: 663
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:53 pm
Location: Indiana

Re: Best Ammo for CPX 2 ?

Postby baxter513 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:17 pm

THis looks like a good deal 1000 rounds for $151 + $21.52 shipping

$171.52 total and the ammo is well reviewed. But nobody has spoken if it runs good on the CPX-2?

http://www.ammomarketplace.com/9MM-115- ... 5poly(1000).htm
baxter513
New Member
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:36 pm

Re: Best Ammo for CPX 2 ?

Postby baxter513 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:18 pm

sccytoter wrote:
baxter513 wrote:Th last time I bought ammo at Walmart the employee gave me this look like they thought I was a scumbag for buying 9mm ammo

So now I buy only on the Internet. Plus its cheaper.

What? Why would they look at you like that?


Im not sure. Probably they are liberals
baxter513
New Member
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:36 pm

Re: Best Ammo for CPX 2 ?

Postby wrench459 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:11 pm

If guns where outlawed...only outlaws would have guns.
Image
wrench459
Veteran Member
 
Posts: 353
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2015 6:37 pm

Re: Best Ammo for CPX 2 ?

Postby getvicious » Sun Dec 25, 2016 12:14 am

baxter513 – “Th last time I bought ammo at Walmart the employee gave me this look like they thought I was a scumbag for buying 9mm ammo”

Who cares what that employee thinks? Their job only exists because you purchase the product they have for sale. You, and other buyers, are responsible for them being employed.

And 17.3 cents per round for brass case ammo sounds like a pretty good deal.
It's not the blast that kills you - It's the tumble to the bottom of the 800 foot crater.....
getvicious@yahoo.com
User avatar
getvicious
Topic Moderator
 
Posts: 3113
Joined: Sat May 08, 2010 10:16 pm

Re: Best Ammo for CPX 2 ?

Postby foolzrushn » Sun Dec 25, 2016 8:41 am

Baxter is there another range you could go to? The one now probably sells the brass and doesn't want to pick out the steel cases. If you told another range that you only had steel, they might sweep one position, let you shoot all steel, then sweep up the steel and trash it. If not, they would not get your lane fee, and you just go back to what you were doing at the first range. This might work if the second range was not busy (early or late, off day?).
foolzrushn
New Member
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed May 13, 2015 7:19 pm

Re: Best Ammo for CPX 2 ?

Postby baxter513 » Sun Dec 25, 2016 10:24 am

Yeah, I sas thinking that if I get caught with the Tula that I will just play stupid. I am more concerned about the Tula harming my firearm than about the range "catching me". One thing for sure I wont buy anymore Tula, its not worth it to save a couple dollars per box.

Its smokes up the indoor rage, you can see sparks come out of the barrel of the gun when you shoot it (like 4th of July) and it dirties up the gun to where I would not shoot more than 50 rounds per trip on a gun full of Tula

I have the SCCY CPX-2 or Taurus 111 Millenium G2 for EDC, and mouse gun Taurus TCP 738 for my lazy EDC.

Canik TP9SF as my car gun. I shoot all of these at every range visit.
baxter513
New Member
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:36 pm

Re: Best Ammo for CPX 2 ?

Postby sccytoter » Sun Dec 25, 2016 5:08 pm

I had an entire box of Tula .380 ACP, that I ran through my Ruger LCP yesterday. It ran 100%, but your right about the sparks. I don't like the silver colored Bi-metal bullet though. Hope it ain't hard on the barrels. :whist:
Semper Fi Mac!
User avatar
sccytoter
Veteran Member
 
Posts: 663
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:53 pm
Location: Indiana

PreviousNext

Return to Ammunition

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Join Florida Carry