Holster list

Forum for the discussion of SCCY CPX-1 & CPX-2 compact 9mm and CPX-3 subcompact .380 ACP pistol modifications, holsters, and other after-market items.

Re: Holster list

Postby mbane82 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:15 pm

I also tried the ktp-11 for the kel-tec and it did not fit, but I did find that the ta-m for the taurus millennium 32, 380, 9 fit my sccy cpx2 great with no modifications
mbane82

Postby blznnp » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:36 pm

Hello all, new the SCCY world, just picked up a CPX-2. Have a guy locally that is using my CPX-2 as a mold for his holsters, its a company that just started up, everyone that has one of his holsters loves them. I will be getting mine hopefully in a week or two.
http://www.stealthgearusa.com
blznnp

Postby HootmonSccy » Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:20 pm

Welcome,
Update us with pics when you get it...
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson
HootmonSccy
Topic Moderator

Postby blznnp » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:47 pm

will do, the ones I have seen are all real good quality, I know guys that have actually bought multiples after they got their first. The material that is used to go against the skin has a real good feel to them. Feels a lot nicer to me than using leather.
blznnp

Postby turfgun » Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:35 pm

thanks,please post up some pics and review asap as i am getting ready to pull the trigger on eith this new holster(although pricey) or an old faithful.

thanks
turfgun

Postby blznnp » Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:22 pm

I was going to purchase the old faithful, but the one that the guy here makes, has a much nicer backing on the holster, plus the old faithful was gonna cost me 45 with the options, and then I would have to form the kydex myself and put it all together. So even though the stealthgear is more expensive, I know it will be well worth it.
blznnp

Postby scbubba » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:50 am

mbane82 wrote:I also tried the ktp-11 for the kel-tec and it did not fit, but I did find that the ta-m for the taurus millennium 32, 380, 9 fit my sccy cpx2 great with no modifications

Before I checked here I got the Fobus ktp-11 from Dvor.com. Sure enough, when I got it I found out it didn't fit right. My local dealer (who sold me my Sccy and has one for EDC) showed me that the Fobus HP-2 works well instead. It's the holster made for a Hi-Point but my second gen CPX-2 clicked right in. There is a little room for wiggle but not much and the gun stayed clicked in no problem.

-Bubba
scbubba
Forum Regular

Postby Undersiege1 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:32 pm

I have had an Uncle Mikes #1 IWB for years that I used for a PPK/S and it works great for the CPX-2
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing”
Edmund Burke
Undersiege1
Seasoned Member

Postby wildsailor » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:05 pm

rogertc1 wrote:mine from elite survivor...adaptable to many other firearms too. Have had it since December 2011. Used it daily since. Stopped carrying my SCCY and went to my COP Derringer. Same holster. Carry OTB RH side aboce pocket.

Does this holster clip to the belt or have a belt loop?
regards,
Dan
SE Michigan
Ruger SR22P
SCCY CPX-2-B
SCCY CPX-1-TT
Sig P238 380 mini
wildsailor
Forum Regular

Postby HootmonSccy » Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:07 pm

HootmonSccy wrote:Let's also include Clevelandsholsters.
He posted up a few weeks back.. IMHO, better than the crossbreed as it is more adjustable, AND about 1/2 the price.. I'll be posting a review of mine soon..
He also has a deal for people on this Forum with an additional $10 off..

(1/2013 Update - look for my 2 year review later in this thread!)

I've had my Cleveland's Holster for just over 2 years now...
I thought I would provide a report...

I wear this holster everyday, in Florida, in the heat. You know that I sweat 8 months a year...
I ride Motorcycles and go to work with it.
So, I've worn it at least 700 days...

I have had zero issue with materials or workmanship.
The only "MOD" I did to the holster is cut a square of leather out where the Mag Release button hits.. I did have the mag come loose a couple of times, and this fixed the issue.

Once a year, I have to "maintenance" the holster.. I don't know if this is normal or not, but I'm sure it is if you use it where it's hot!
After a year, the leather just above the waist band gets pretty hard (from body sweat), and a little bent over (pushed by excess skin (otherwise known as FAT!)) :roll:
So, by "maintenance" I mean:
I remove the Kydex part of the holster and the two belt hooks. This is a simple process since it is screwed together rather than riveted (A big plus to me!!!)
I then Saddle soap the leather, dry the leather, apply "Glove Conditioner" to the leather (to replenish essential oils removed by washing), then apply a generous application of Mink Oil. (I do this to try to resist the sweat/salt)
Re-assemble the holster and I'm good for another year..

I am no leather expert, and my process is NOT from instructions from Cleveland's, so If anyone has any suggestions, I'll try to adapt them next year!

One of the features I like best about the holster is the 14 adjustment holes (7 for each belt clip).. This allows for forward, straight or reverse cant on the pistol as well as depth of concealment.
By having screws instead of rivets, you can adjust retention of the pistol as well.. Once you get it where you like it (and some wear in time) a little Loctite is in order to prevent loosing any of the screws (Yes, as you already suspected, I'm a screw loose!) :lol:

The metal belt hooks are blued and show no signs of wear after 2 years.. I do wish they had a little more flat finish on them, but they seem to be well protected by whatever process was utilized.

Well, after two years, I love the holster just as much or more than when I 1st got it..
I just "maintenanced" the holster again today (for the 2nd time) and I see no reason why I won't get another 5 years out of this holster..

Please note, when I received the holster is was a very light tan as you would expect. The glove treatment and mink oil I apply darkens the leather.

I'd recommend this holster!!

My previous holster an Ace Case (which is a good CHEAP holster), but it's big negative for me was the lack of retention...
It wuld be BAD :oops: if you are in a public restroom stall and your pistol hits against that tile while pulling up/down your pants!
With the Ace Case, I used a reverse draw (left hand holster at 5 o'clock) because that was the most comfortable when sitting. With the Cleveland's, I went to a standard draw...

Anywayz... Here are a couple of pictures of the holster after 700+ days of wear...
Attachments
CH_LOAD_BACK.jpg
Note Mag release button in hole. The black you see on the edge is NOT the gun, but the Belt Hook
CH_LOAD_FRONT.jpg
CH_BACK.jpg
Note square hole for Mag Release
CH_FRONT.jpg
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
HootmonSccy
Topic Moderator

Postby jax gunslinger » Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:59 pm

How's the Kydex as far as holster wear is concerned?
I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them. Thomas Jefferson ***PERMANENTLY BANNED MEMBER OF THE HPFF**
jax gunslinger
Veteran Member

Postby HootmonSccy » Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:19 pm

jax gunslinger wrote:How's the Kydex as far as holster wear is concerned?

Not an issue on the gun... A few scratches in the Kydex around the rear sight area, but nothing concerning after 700 pulls and inserts...
Ben Franklin
HootmonSccy
Topic Moderator

Postby h2otoo » Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:54 am

Hoot, thanks for the review. I too use the AceCase IWB. All my other CC guns have thumb breaks on them, and I like that. (my 1911 holster I bough well over 30yrs ago and still is my favorite) I do not own a Kydex, so can you comment a bit on the retention ability of that style holster. Thanks.

Bob
h2otoo
Veteran Member

Postby HootmonSccy » Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:49 pm

h2otoo wrote:Hoot, thanks for the review. I too use the AceCase IWB. All my other CC guns have thumb breaks on them, and I like that. (my 1911 holster I bough well over 30yrs ago and still is my favorite) I do not own a Kydex, so can you comment a bit on the retention ability of that style holster. Thanks.

Bob

There is no strap.
Because the Kydex is molded to the gun, it just clicks into the molded area... Some holters are riveted, but I prefer the screws so you can tighten or loosen the retention...
Ben Franklin
HootmonSccy
Topic Moderator

Postby wildsailor » Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:52 pm

Does anyone have any experience with the Shepherd IWB holsters? I found them by doing a search on Amazon and they seem unique as they note they have a horse hide version with an explanation as to why it is better than cow hide. The kydex part is also .093" instead of .062" like many others. $35 for the cow hide or $45 for the horse hide is just a bit over the limit to 'try' one out blind so I was wondering if anyone else has some experience with them. They have CPX-1 and CPX-2 versions so I was surprised they have not been mentioned here yet.

Here is a link to their product page:
http://shop.shepherdholsters.com/Concea ... -mini1.htm

I did find a review on Youtube for a Glock and I would say it was only so-so.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwIW2ju6 ... detailpage
regards,
Dan
SE Michigan
Ruger SR22P
SCCY CPX-2-B
SCCY CPX-1-TT
Sig P238 380 mini
wildsailor
Forum Regular

PreviousNext

Return to SCCY CPX-1, CPX-2, & CPX-3 Accessories