Holster list

Forum for the discussion of SCCY CPX-1 & CPX-2 compact 9mm and CPX-3 subcompact .380 ACP pistol modifications, holsters, and other after-market items.

Re: Holster list

Postby CPX-2a » Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:57 pm

I like the look of the Foxx holster , havent tried one yet ,probably will , wondering f theres a Don Hume holster that will fit the CPX-2 , not knowing much about this gun yet , are the dimensions pretty much the same as the CPX-1 ? Because I did see somewhere on here that someone had a Hume for there CPX-1! I have a Glock 19 Don Hume that I use for my Caracal C and i fits perfect ,Im sure the Caracal is much bigger than the SCCY but I wont know till tomorrow or Tuesday! Great site btw!
Caracal C
SCCY CPX-2
Glock 22
Colt 1911 Government
CPX-2a

Postby TexasLookout » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:23 pm

I picked up a" Uncle Mikes" Size 12 right hand product # 89121 In the Waist Band Holster Sunday.

Its a good holster for $15 if not only to protect the gun.

My SCCY G-2 has no issue's what so ever when drawing.

It fits only my SCCY G-2 and does not have a magazine pouch on it.
TexasLookout
Seasoned Member

Postby CPX-2a » Thu May 02, 2013 4:14 pm

I found most Leather holster will fit if they are close in size , plus they will form a fit after a while, Kydex , well you cant change Kydex, I actually wouldnt mind a kydex that was higher on my waist (above the belt line) , not really an IWB
Caracal C
SCCY CPX-2
Glock 22
Colt 1911 Government
CPX-2a

Postby Supa » Thu May 09, 2013 7:51 am

I thought I should also post this in here !

Glock 26 Blackhawk serpa holster works great for cpx-2

same modifications needed as the h&k usp compact previously posted only due to rocking back and forth but not side to side and
it is also shorter for sub compact, so you don't have that extra room inside the hoslter due to a shorter barrel. Also very concealable when you pull your shirt over.

all in all its not as big as the h&k usp compact holster. With a couple of turns of the screw makes it tight side to side and then a couple of strips of leather to prevent front to back rocking.

thanx for viewing, hope this helps
Supa

Postby 70SuperSport » Sun May 19, 2013 7:53 pm

CPX-2a wrote:I like the look of the Foxx holster , havent tried one yet ,probably will , wondering f theres a Don Hume holster that will fit the CPX-2 , not knowing much about this gun yet , are the dimensions pretty much the same as the CPX-1 ? Because I did see somewhere on here that someone had a Hume for there CPX-1! I have a Glock 19 Don Hume that I use for my Caracal C and i fits perfect ,Im sure the Caracal is much bigger than the SCCY but I wont know till tomorrow or Tuesday! Great site btw!

I have been wearing the FoxX for about 2 days or so, and it is pretty comfortable. I don't have anything else to compare it to, since this is my first holster other than the Ace Case. Can't complain about it. Good price, free shipping, and I had it 5 days after I ordered. Not too shabby.
DSC00689.JPG

DSC00690.JPG

I also have an Ace Case that I like for pocket carry. I've tried it IWB and could not get it to stay where I wanted it. I did have to make a slight mod by adding a couple of rivets to keep the gun from riding too deep in the holster.

DSC00694.JPG
Land of the free because of the brave.
Thank you to all of our military members and veterans!

CPX-2 Black
70SuperSport

Postby vdubbin » Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:14 pm

N82tactical's IWB is super comfortable. A great holster and definitely worth a look. They have 3 models to choose from. I have the "original tuckable." N82tactical.com
Attachments
image.jpg
Back is suede. Soft and cool. I carry SOB so this is appreciated.
image.jpg
Clip on my tuckable flexes out to allow me to easily tuck my shirt in
image.jpg
Made for the Sccy so my CPX-2 fits nicely
vdubbin

Postby bluestem » Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:04 pm

getvicious wrote:
I'll check another hardware store to see if I can replace the shiny stuff with black.

You might try some flat black model paint or black finger nail polish.

I used #8 x 5/8" machine screws, two washers in the gap and don't forget to put an additional washer under the screw head and one under the nut (lock washer would work best under the nut). Pretty?....not so much. But it works!
bluestem

Postby fsualum98 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:40 pm

Here is an IWB holster for my SCCY CPX-2 made by Hammered Hides Leather http://www.hammeredhidesleather.com/#!menu/c21ei. Great fit, very comfortable for CC. He makes other types as well.
20130611_222645 (640x480).jpg
Pic one
20130611_222706 (640x480).jpg
Pic 2
fsualum98

Postby dlb » Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:37 am

Wow - that's a very different look - nice!

And many of the pix on his site actually use a SCCY as the model - that's unusual

AND - he's relatively local to Daytona - Bonus!
=================
Dave
Volusia Co. FL

current:
CPX-2 Black

previous:
Beretta 92-FS
Walther PPK-S
dlb
Veteran Member

Postby fsualum98 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:14 pm

Yea, he is a great guy that makes some very nice items.
fsualum98

Postby Havasujon » Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:09 pm

Glock 26 Blackhawk serpa holster works great for cpx-2

Answered my question before I could ask it,lol,Thanks!
Lake Havasu City,Az
Havasujon
Forum Regular

Postby xMagicIsMightx » Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:56 pm

Hey guys, I just purchased a Sccy about a month ago, not had any problems out of it after i've fired a couple of hundred rounds through it.. Now i'm looking for a nice IWB holster. All suggestions are appreciated!

-Sebastian
xMagicIsMightx

Postby HootmonSccy » Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:17 pm

xMagicIsMightx wrote:Hey guys, I just purchased a Sccy about a month ago, not had any problems out of it after i've fired a couple of hundred rounds through it.. Now i'm looking for a nice IWB holster. All suggestions are appreciated!

-Sebastian

Did you look thru this tread, there is more than one suggestion...
I use a "Cleveland Holster" which has been good for me for more than a couple of years..

If I was looking again today, I'd seriously consider looking into the Stealth Holster
Maybe a little pricey, but it looks comfortable for the hot Floriduh heat..
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson
HootmonSccy
Topic Moderator

Re: Holster list - Another holster mod

Postby dlb » Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:17 pm

Here's another "do-it-yourself" mod that I think turned out pretty well...

This one started out as a Galco fl 286 - The "Fletch" model for the Glock 26. (Just try to read that sentence without thinking of Chevy Chase.)

It originally looked like this (not my pic)
mH4DFC2z1Zk-0H-e6nPSQGA.jpg
Stock photo - G26 in Galco Fletch
mH4DFC2z1Zk-0H-e6nPSQGA.jpg (9.28 KiB) Viewed 5984 times

It was a great fit for the body of the SCCY, other than the minor issue of the trigger guard being rounded while the holster is made for a square one. However, due to the shorter length and the angled back of the SCCY, you could actually draw the gun while the thumb break was closed.

Not being a leather worker - I set out with the tools I had - starting with a pair of Medic shears, used a little sand paper on the rough stuff, and then burnished the edges with a plastic show horn! As for the trigger guard - regular wear is reforming that pocket pretty nicely.

Here is the finished project:
2013-06-25 21.17.16.jpg
Front view

2013-06-25 21.17.25.jpg
Rear view

I really like this due to the high cant angle, the tight fit when worn on the belt (the curve of the holster really cinches it up), the full trigger guard coverage, and the fact that there is enough room to get my not very small fingers around the full butt for a good master grip before drawing.

But the best part: this holster new runs about $85-95. I got it in used but excellent condition at a local gun show for 20 bucks. SCORE!
=================
Dave
Volusia Co. FL

current:
CPX-2 Black

previous:
Beretta 92-FS
Walther PPK-S
dlb
Veteran Member

Postby jeff7181 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:39 pm

Just got my first holster in preparation for a tactical shoot I'm doing with some guys from work. I wanted an OWB one, because no reason to conceal at the range and I didn't want to spend a whole lot so I got the Elite Deep Cover Ultra: http://www.elitesurvival.com/concealment-holsters/elite-deep-cover-ultra/

I don't have much experience with this holster, but I'm not sure I like it so far. I bought the size 2, which is supposed to work with the CPX and it really doesn't fit as well as I would have expected. Holstering it almost always pushes the slide back. Once holstered, it comes pretty close to depressing the mag release, which is no big deal for this tactical shoot I bought it for. But it's supposedly designed for concealment, and I can say I wouldn't be comfortable concealing this gun in this holster for those reasons, and the Velcro straps seem like they're a little short for this particular gun. I don't think it's quite the right fit for this gun, but should be adequate for the range.

*EDIT* Also, it feels like it sits a bit high. I'm not a terribly slim guy, and it sits so high it kinda digs into my spare tire.
jeff7181
Seasoned Member

PreviousNext

Return to SCCY CPX-1, CPX-2, & CPX-3 Accessories