Holster list

Forum for the discussion of SCCY CPX-1 & CPX-2 compact 9mm and CPX-3 subcompact .380 ACP pistol modifications, holsters, and other after-market items.

Re: Holster list

Postby ScadaSkid » Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:42 pm

I was browsing the LGS the other day and found a fobus paddle holster that actually listed a CPX-1 as one of the models it fit. I believe it was the model KTP-11. I was carrying my CPX-2 and tried it for fit and it didn't work. The trigger guard is too wide for the holster. So buyer beware.
CPX-2
Kahr CW-9
Walther P22
Taurus PT-809C
Smith & Wesson M&P Bodyguard 380
ScadaSkid
Seasoned Member

Postby bobbylee666 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:19 pm

Traded emails with Doug Kies of Blue Line Concealment today, and he's getting a mold for our SCCY pistols. Going to purchase one of his kydex IWB holsters and single magazine carrier. His prices are very, very good, there are several different options available, he offers a discount to LEO and military, shipping is free, and his products have a lifetime warranty. It will take a few days to get the mold and make the holster, but will post pictures and a review after I receive them. His website is http://www.bluelineconcealment.com/default.asp if you want to check out his work.
USCG Retired
bobbylee666

Postby GoesBang » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:12 pm

scadakid:

My younger daughter is a STG3 stationed in San Diego. Her husband recently became a STG2 and got his
SW Pin.jpg
SW Pin.jpg (5.27 KiB) Viewed 7668 times
, which now makes him a STG2(SW). Needless to say I'm proud of the both of them.

On his ship his battle station during GQ is the 50 cal. Poor guy!
SCCY CPX-2-CB
Ruger P95PR
Henry Golden Boy H004
Sig Sauer P226
RIA 1911 Tactical FS 45 ACP
RIA M206 38 Special 2"
RIA M200 38 Special 4”
Taurus PT940
Marlin 336W/989M2/Camp 9

USMC 1976-79 3rd MAW Camp Pendleton, CA
HTTP://www.X-CalibearUSA.com
GoesBang
Veteran Member

Postby uberwootage » Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:33 am

Picked up a Galco J139L STO498 fits like a glove and carry's nice. Payed $20 at a local shop.
uberwootage
Forum Regular

Postby bobbylee666 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:40 pm

bobbylee666 wrote:Traded emails with Doug Kies of Blue Line Concealment today, and he's getting a mold for our SCCY pistols. Going to purchase one of his kydex IWB holsters and single magazine carrier. His prices are very, very good, there are several different options available, he offers a discount to LEO and military, shipping is free, and his products have a lifetime warranty. It will take a few days to get the mold and make the holster, but will post pictures and a review after I receive them. His website is http://www.bluelineconcealment.com/default.asp if you want to check out his work.

Received the holster and magazine holder. Good quality, and holds the pistol well. About the only issue I had was that I had to trim the spacers in the magazine holder just a little bit so that it woud compress and hold the magazine. Not too bad, considering he did not have a magazine to form the mold from, just some measurements I provided. Here are a few pictures:

USCG Retired
bobbylee666

Postby Pop's » Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:54 pm

"I'd much rather go to my grave never needing my gun, than go there wishing I had it."
Pop's

Postby GoesBang » Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:59 pm

[/quote]About the only issue I had was that I had to trim the spacers in the magazine holder just a little bit so that it woud compress and hold the magazine. Not too bad, considering he did not have a magazine to form the mold from, just some measurements I provided. [/quote]

Evidently he doesn't know that most 9mm double stack mags have the same basic measurements on the mag body.
SCCY CPX-2-CB
Ruger P95PR
Henry Golden Boy H004
Sig Sauer P226
RIA M206 38 Special 2"
RIA M200 38 Special 4”
Taurus PT940
Marlin 336W/989M2/Camp 9

GoesBang
Veteran Member

Postby bobbylee666 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:06 pm

GoesBang wrote:
About the only issue I had was that I had to trim the spacers in the magazine holder just a little bit so that it woud compress and hold the magazine. Not too bad, considering he did not have a magazine to form the mold from, just some measurements I provided. [/quote]

Evidently he doesn't know that most 9mm double stack mags have the same basic measurements on the mag body.[/quote]

I've seen where true double stack mags (like Glocks) are thicker than others that might be considered more of a stack and a half (like the SCCY).
USCG Retired
bobbylee666

Postby Dirt41 » Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:27 am

I did not see anything regarding Alien Gear Holsters? Has anyone had any luck (good or bad) with them or the company? I have ordered one and am now in the 3rd week of waiting; it should get to me in the next few weeks, but to be quite honest, I am tired of the wait...
Gary
Dirt41

Postby Dirt41 » Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:31 am

Pop's wrote:Anyone ever tried these holsters ?
http://aliengearholsters.com/holsters/sccy-cpx-3.html

Sorry "Pops," I did not see your post...I am asking the same thing; video and website looks great, but where is my product as I have waited 3 weeks already for it...
Gary
Dirt41

Postby GoesBang » Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:28 am

bobbylee666 wrote:
GoesBang wrote:
About the only issue I had was that I had to trim the spacers in the magazine holder just a little bit so that it woud compress and hold the magazine. Not too bad, considering he did not have a magazine to form the mold from, just some measurements I provided.

Evidently he doesn't know that most 9mm double stack mags have the same basic measurements on the mag body.[/quote]

I've seen where true double stack mags (like Glocks) are thicker than others that might be considered more of a stack and a half (like the SCCY).[/quote]

Exactly what is a true double stack? According to history that would be the magazine from the FN/Browning HP35, aka Hi-Power. Guess what? As I said earlier. Most double stack magazines are the same basic body as that Hi-Power magazine. Same dimensions, and same feed angle. I have conducted a fair amount of research and use first-hand knowledge about this.

Glocks, some Rugers and Springfield XD9(m) are larger.

P.S. The mag project is still moving forward.
SCCY CPX-2-CB
Ruger P95PR
Henry Golden Boy H004
Sig Sauer P226
RIA M206 38 Special 2"
RIA M200 38 Special 4”
Taurus PT940
Marlin 336W/989M2/Camp 9

GoesBang
Veteran Member

Postby ScadaSkid » Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:08 pm

GoesBang wrote:scadakid:

My younger daughter is a STG3 stationed in San Diego. Her husband recently became a STG2 and got his
SW Pin.jpg
, which now makes him a STG2(SW). Needless to say I'm proud of the both of them.

On his ship his battle station during GQ is the 50 cal. Poor guy!

God Bless them both and thank them for their service. You know what us submariners say about the skimmers...."thanks for the target!!"

Good to see a fellow Show-Me Stater.
CPX-2
Kahr CW-9
Walther P22
Taurus PT-809C
Smith & Wesson M&P Bodyguard 380
ScadaSkid
Seasoned Member

Postby Pop's » Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:09 am

Dirt41 wrote:

Sorry "Pops," I did not see your post...I am asking the same thing; video and website looks great, but where is my product as I have waited 3 weeks already for it...
Gary

That sucks to have to wait that long for anything,, I guess this is a pretty new company, They look like they have a good product but long shipping times will give them a bad reputation , New or old
"I'd much rather go to my grave never needing my gun, than go there wishing I had it."
Pop's

Postby pflueger41 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:35 am

Pop's wrote:
Dirt41 wrote:

Gary

That sucks to have to wait that long for anything,, I guess this is a pretty new company, They look like they have a good product but long shipping times will give them a bad reputation , New or old

If I'm not mistaken I believe my confirmation email quoted a 6 week wait on mine back in March of this year and it was almost 6 weeks to the day received. The only complaint I have with it is the steel clips are really stiff which makes it a PITA to attach and remove but others may like the stiffness. They do have other style clips to choose from which is nice.
pflueger41

Postby Dirt41 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:45 am

My original email said 3-4 weeks and then all of a sudden it is a longer wait; so far I am not impressed and I hope the wait is worth it. As far as the clips go, I went with the standard nylon type as one of my holsters has the metal clips and I do not particularly care for them...
Gary
Dirt41

PreviousNext

Return to SCCY CPX-1, CPX-2, & CPX-3 Accessories