Tractiongrips

Forum for the discussion of SCCY CPX-1 & CPX-2 compact 9mm and CPX-3 subcompact .380 ACP pistol modifications, holsters, and other after-market items.

Tractiongrips

Postby oldjimstallis » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:31 pm

Tractiongrips are textured rubber panels that improve the feel and retention of the grip. The company has recently added the SCCY CPX to their list of pistols for which grip sets are in stock. The CPX set includes a panel for both sides, a strip for the back of the grip, a strip for beneath the trigger guard and two ovals for the finger grooves. I just received a set for my CPX1 - they install easily, look and feel great, and add no thickness to the grip. The current price is $8.99 which includes shipping. More details at www.tractiongrips.com
A good question is one half of wisdom.
oldjimstallis

Re: Tractiongrips

Postby getvicious » Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:41 pm

Did you have trouble holding on to the pistol or was it the looks that drew you to those?
It's not the blast that kills you - It's the tumble to the bottom of the 800 foot crater.....
getvicious@yahoo.com
getvicious
Topic Moderator

Postby oldjimstallis » Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:10 pm

Getvicious - grip retention on the CPX is good; tractiongrips make it much better. Really helps when drawing the pistol from an IWB holster or when the weather is lousy. The fact that they look good is a bonus!
oldjimstallis

Postby h2otoo » Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:17 am

Now we need pics! :)
h2otoo
Veteran Member

Postby bonefamily » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:42 am

Yes, pics please!

I was going to get some Tractiongrips for my PF-9 when I had it as that pistol has a slim holding grip, and it always felt like it wanted to jump out of my hand when firing. The CPX-2 feels comfortably wider and I never thought about adding them to it. However, if it does not effect the thickness feel I might be willing to give them a try just for the added holding power.
Bryan

Disclosure - I am still a novice shooter. Please take my replies with that in mind, and that I am still learning.
bonefamily
Seasoned Member

Postby bonefamily » Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:06 am

From the Tractiongrips site:
Attachments
smallCPX2.jpg
Bryan

Disclosure - I am still a novice shooter. Please take my replies with that in mind, and that I am still learning.
bonefamily
Seasoned Member

Postby PGT » Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:19 am

self-adhesive tacky rubber? Looks like they're just creating templates and cutting them to fit for you. Not a bad deal at $10...just wondering how well they'll adhere over time.
PGT

Postby oldjimstallis » Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:51 pm

PGT - I've had a set of Tractiongrips on my SR9c for over a year with no sign of wear or lack of adhesion. The company has a You Tube tutorial (Tractiongrips removal) that shows how easily they can be removed and installed.
oldjimstallis

Postby madmax » Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:10 pm

I received my traction grips today could not be happier. They went on really easy and fell really good the real test will be when I get to the range. So far I have to say get a set.
Max
USCG Ret.
madmax
Veteran Member

Postby HenryinFlorida » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:32 pm

I just installed a set in under 15 minutes including hair dryer time. They did get a better feel once they were cured with the hair dryer. They really do add a nice non-slip feel. How could you go wrong with them, even if they only lasted a year or two.
HenryinFlorida
Seasoned Member

Postby usmale » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:04 pm

Just put them on they are nice
Sccy CPX2 two-tone #066XXX EDC
NRA Life Member
Glock Armour
usmale
Forum Regular

Postby TexasLookout » Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:32 pm

I just ordered a set myself from Traction Grips. They should arrive late this week and for under $11.00 worth checking out.
TexasLookout
Seasoned Member

Postby TexasLookout » Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:13 pm

Here is my Traction Grip Update

I placed the sets first with the backing still on to see how they fit. I did just so slightly trim around the magazine release.

Installed my set today. Using rubbing Alcohol to clean all surfaces including my fingertips.

Then removed the backing and pressed in place.

After doing one area at a time after pressing I used a hair dryer to help activate the adhesive and then again pressing inward towards outward all areas.

They make an even more comfortably G-2 even more so with a snug fit that grips to your palm.

And for under $11.00 worth every bit.
TexasLookout
Seasoned Member

Postby Snippy7 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:56 am

image.jpg
just installed last week. And IMO you can't find a better bang for your buck! (Pun intended) makes the grip much more comfortable in my cross breed. Less abrasive against my love handle and easier to grip when removing. Only time will tell when the S. Fla summer hits.
Snippy7

Postby babsc01 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:16 pm

Looking forward to mine arriving later this week. I was deciding between Talon, Traction, and Decal grips, and even maybe a Hogue slip-on for my SCCY, and all I read lead me to purchasing the Traction grips.
Smith & Wesson SD9 VE
SCCY CPX-2 Gen 2
Hi-Point JCP .40 S&W
Kahr CW9 (wifey's carry)
Ruger SR22
Remington 597 .22LR Rifle
Stevens Model 320 Security 12-gauge Shotgun
babsc01
Seasoned Member

Next

Return to SCCY CPX-1, CPX-2, & CPX-3 Accessories