Tractiongrips

Forum for the discussion of SCCY CPX-1 & CPX-2 compact 9mm and CPX-3 subcompact .380 ACP pistol modifications, holsters, and other after-market items.

Re: Tractiongrips

Postby slong115 » Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:38 pm

Just put a set of TractionGrips on my CPX2 last week. Haven't had a chance to fire it with the new grips installed yet but I do really like the added texture on the grips. Installation was fast and easy, too....probably less than 15 minutes including cleaning the original grip to accept the new ones.
Attachments
SAM_1808.JPG
SAM_1803.JPG
Scott
USMC '69-'73
slong115
Forum Regular

Postby krlane » Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:30 pm

slong115 wrote:Just put a set of TractionGrips on my CPX2 last week. Haven't had a chance to fire it with the new grips installed yet but I do really like the added texture on the grips. Installation was fast and easy, too....probably less than 15 minutes including cleaning the original grip to accept the new ones.

I got a set of them for my CPX-2 and my Ruger SR-9. A friend thought they looked nice but said I would probably tear my hands up with them.
I've been to the range twice now, and each time I usually run about 4-5 magazines through each handgun. I can state that I really like the traction grips!
No issues with "chewing up my hands" at all, in fact I find I get a better grip on the handgun with it. (which is needed with the CPX-2).
I do not get as much recoil on the SR-9 as I do with the CPX-2, but I do really like the grips. I'll keep them on until they start to either peel off
or just get worn down. (which I hope is a ways off)
krlane

Postby slong115 » Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:48 pm

Nice to know you like shooting with them. I hope to give mine a workout soon but all my shooting buddies seem to go on the weekends and I work 12 hour shifts on weekends and can only rarely go with them. I guess I just need to get my own range membership so I can go whenever I choose....but I do enjoy shooting a lot more when I go with my buddies.
Scott
USMC '69-'73
slong115
Forum Regular

Postby bobbylee666 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:35 pm

Just installed mine tonight. Took about 15 minutes total. I used a hair dryer to heat up the grip area just a little before applying the Tractiongrips, and then used it again to heat the grips, and that allowed me to move and smooth the material just enough to make them fit really well. Let it cool for a bit before handling, and I really like the way teh gun feels in my hand now. Reminds me of the Pachmayr grips I used to put on my relvolvers. Have to try them out, but very happy so far. :D
USCG Retired
bobbylee666

Postby bigal » Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:48 pm

Has anybody tried taking their's off?
if so did you get stuck with any sticky residue?
bigal

Postby tazz2007man1 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:28 pm

put a set on my CPX-2 changes the grip in a good way like them
tazz2007man1

Postby 1Tater » Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:45 pm

Has anyone tried these with the Arma Laser TR10?
1Tater

Postby justifiedjfreak » Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:38 am

I know this is an old topic... but I was just wondering if you guys are installing grey or black?
I went to tractiongrips website and there is two options, but on their website they look darker then this forum.
I like the grey look... unless thats "black" Might just have to order both and get 2 guns... that would take care of it! :whist:
justifiedjfreak

Postby tinkersdam » Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:07 am

Here's a picture of my CPX 2 with traction grips installed shortly after I purchased the pistol this past spring. These are definitely black when seen against the pale blue of my pistol. If they appear gray, I would think it's the lighting and that they are somewhat opaque. BTW, I really love these grips. I have a pachmayr grip on my Ruger SR9c which I like quite a bit too for that pistol... so I don't plan on making any changes to the 9c. However, for a CC pistol, less is better and the traction grip is not apt to drag along on clothing. Good product... They're also currently on sale on the traction grip website.
Attachments
SCCy.jpg
My CPX-2 with traction tape installed
tinkersdam

Previous

Return to SCCY CPX-1, CPX-2, & CPX-3 Accessories