Finger grooves... too small!

Forum for the discussion of SCCY CPX-1 & CPX-2 compact 9mm and CPX-3 subcompact .380 ACP pistol modifications, holsters, and other after-market items.

Re: Finger grooves... too small!

Postby HAMBONE » Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:06 pm

My first cpx-2 the original bases weren't really a prob for me. Little stiff but they worked. Tried the old bases in my new gun and they wont click in at all. Maybe I'll sand a little make it work because the new ones have that gap.
HAMBONE
Veteran Member

Postby jedijay » Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:48 pm

HAMBONE wrote:just looked at your pic closer, your front frame pin is walking out.

Your right, thank you sir.
jedijay

Postby dlb » Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:27 pm

WRT the mag base gap.

I asked Jason about that when i was there recently - I too think the gap is big.

He says that the new bases were purposely desinged that way t0 eliminate the need to smack them in. Says that the mags need a little play room to get past the latch properly, and even showed me a similar gap on the XD on his hip.
=================
Dave
Volusia Co. FL

current:
CPX-2 Black

previous:
Beretta 92-FS
Walther PPK-S
dlb
Veteran Member

Postby HAMBONE » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:23 pm

Wow yeah that is disturbing. He builds those guns himself and carries an xd? I would rather carry something I built by hand, if it was trustworthy.
HAMBONE
Veteran Member

Postby 45Man » Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:30 pm

The new ones come with both mag floor plates. The finger groove floor plate was the ones that were installed on both mags. The flat floor plates were in a clear plastic baggy. I left the finger groove floor plates on the mags & installed a Hogue Handall Jr. (from another gun) right side up. On the inside of the Hogue it says "UP" (w/arrow) on the right side.
SCCY CPX-2 TT, S/N 131xxx (Born: 3/14/14)
45Man
Forum Regular

Postby 45Man » Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:33 pm

My Hogue Handall Jr. is different from the one pictured & from most of the ones shown online. It has 2 "bumps" on the front, like the non-Jr, but shorter. Never noticed the difference until now. 3 grooves for 3 fingers...perfect.

I have 4 Handalls, 2 Jrs., 2 Std's
Top to Bottom: Handall Jr., Handall Jr., Handall, Handall
Attachments
IMG_1604.JPG
IMG_1603.JPG
SCCY CPX-2 TT, S/N 131xxx (Born: 3/14/14)
45Man
Forum Regular

Postby greg_r » Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:20 am

dlb wrote:WRT the mag base gap.

I asked Jason about that when i was there recently - I too think the gap is big.

He says that the new bases were purposely desinged that way t0 eliminate the need to smack them in. Says that the mags need a little play room to get past the latch properly, and even showed me a similar gap on the XD on his hip.

So you visit the SCCY factory, speak with aa SCCY armorer, and his carry is a Springfield?
greg_r
Forum Regular

Postby morayman » Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:36 am

I'll bet it's either a .357 Sig,.40 or .45 If it were a 9mm I'd be saying "WTF" morayman...........
morayman
Seasoned Member

Postby jcwit » Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:37 am

Well he does work for the manufacturer not a dealer. How many Chevy's, Toyota, Honda, Kia, and other makes do you see in a Ford plant parking lot? Lots, I been there, done that.

Now if he worked at a gun dealer, what brand is he supposed to have for EDC? I'm just guessing but most every gun shop/dealer I've been associated with carry most all brands.

Having not met the man, mayhap he carries what fits his personal hand and is comfortable to him and his needs. Just sayin'.
jcwit
Veteran Member

Postby jcwit » Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:57 pm

parkerd wrote:Glad you are here. We were getting a little short on the SCCY can do no wrong crowd. That is exactly the point - he is a key employee of the manufacturer.
He is the chief armorer. When someone tours the factory they see a non-SCCY on his hip. If he does not feel comfortable in carrying the SCCY outside of work, that is his choice. When he is at work he needs to support the brand.
Go ahead defenders of anything SCCY - your turn.

Why are you so negative?? Why are you so negative about the brand, its obvious you do not like SCCY products, that's fine, but do not twist someone else's words to fit your agenda

I was not defending anything SCCY, just defending the American way of everyone making their own choice as to what they wish to drive/wear or have on their side for defense. Not everyone is required to do what you seem to wish them to, most of us live in a fairly free society, to do as we wish. Whether that be with a SCCY product or some other brand. I suppose you would tell your employees how to dress also? :whist:

Oh, and BTW, I didn't realize we were taking turns, but if that is the case, its now your turn, I guess. :lol:
jcwit
Veteran Member

Postby jcwit » Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:28 pm

parkerd wrote:As a matter of fact I do tell my employees how to dress and how to behave at work. When they are working they best use our products and follow our guidelines or they will be working elsewhere. Sorry that is the way life is in most organizations.
You are right, this is just my opinion, but if someone cannot positively portray the product they produce while on the job, they are a negative influence on the product and other employees. This reflects negatively on the SCCY product and the SCCY organization. If you were at work in a Ford dealership, would wearing a button "Hondas are great" be acceptable? If you work at Walmart, would wearing a Target vest be okay? If you were the SCCY rep and went to a gun show wearing a Glock t-shirt, would that be okay?
Guess what, when you are at work - it is not a free society. Otherwise every LEO would pick what fashionable uniform they felt made them feel comfortable and chic.

Must be why I always worked in management or owning my own business, so I didn't take orders from others. Did what I wished. And it was a free society in my life.

Glad I never worked for one such as you, our association would have been VERY short for sure. Whether that would have been to your advantage or mine, no one will ever know!

Now explain why you are so negative?

Would it make you happy if I took a hammer to my SCCY, so I would be able to bash SCCY products and the finish of their products? Would that make you happy? Just what would make you happy? Everyone doing things your way? Just what?
jcwit
Veteran Member

Postby jcwit » Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:26 pm

parkerd wrote:I tend to think that most things are more black and white than I first realized. Lack of clarity causes confusion. I am also much about loyalty.
I want SCCY to grow and succeed. In this particular case when I see the most visible representative of the company favoring a competitive firearm, it speaks of lackef loyalty, lack of common sense, and an impediment to the company's future. If you were managing that company you should feel the same way. Not is he visibly showing that he not feel his SCC Y CPX is a good EDC, he flaunts it by pulling out an XD and showing it. Exactly how do the employees of SCCY feel about that? Think it makes them feel they need to portray quality, pride, good workmanship, loyalty? Certainly not all of the SCCY problems, but one of them.

Well that is your opinion, which you are entitled to.

It is also his right to carry whatever he so desires, for whatever reason he has, unless he posts what his reasons are, non of us know his reason for carrying an XD, but obviously the company has no problem with it, so there seems to be more to this than we know.

One of SCCY's problems? Obviously they know more than we do, and it doesn't seem to be a problem with them.

You may not like it, but that means little to nothing in the grand scheme of things.

Again, would you be happy if my CPX 2 broke, it does seem to irritate you that I have yet to have a problem, and that I am happy with my purchase. :lol:
jcwit
Veteran Member

Postby jcwit » Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:46 pm

Regarding companies having problems, its my understanding Remington is having problems with their R51, even to the extant of shutting the line down.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2014/0 ... sig-sauer/

Expecting perfection in an imperfect world is nothing short of pure folly. :D
jcwit
Veteran Member

Postby 5galloncan » Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:36 pm

I quickly learned to dislike the grip grooves too. The middle finger or top groove seemed to trap my middle finger between the groove and the trigger guard's rear upward slope. When firing multiple rounds, the recoil would hammer on this finger enough to bruise it. Once I figured it out, I ground the grooves completely off and put on some GT-5000 grip tape I bought on Amazon. It's not a perfect grip tape pattern, but now the trigger guard doesn't punish my finger. The handgun also feels better in my hand.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk
5galloncan

Postby wrench459 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:28 pm

5galloncan wrote:I quickly learned to dislike the grip grooves too. The middle finger or top groove seemed to trap my middle finger between the groove and the trigger guard's rear upward slope. When firing multiple rounds, the recoil would hammer on this finger enough to bruise it. Once I figured it out, I ground the grooves completely off and put on some GT-5000 grip tape I bought on Amazon. It's not a perfect grip tape pattern, but now the trigger guard doesn't punish my finger. The handgun also feels better in my hand.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Tongue in cheek
I can only see your thumb nail.
Just going off the nail grooves
Your over 40 years of age :mrgreen:
wrench459
Veteran Member

PreviousNext

Return to SCCY CPX-1, CPX-2, & CPX-3 Accessories