Finger grooves... too small!

Forum for the discussion of SCCY CPX-1 & CPX-2 compact 9mm and CPX-3 subcompact .380 ACP pistol modifications, holsters, and other after-market items.

Re: Finger grooves... too small!

Postby dmessy » Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:40 pm

Yep those finger grooves had to go. Ground and sanded the humps and made the grip overlays...
I pocket carry my SCCY CPX-2 in a Sticky holster that fits and draws perfect...
dmessy

Re: Finger grooves... too small!

Postby Bigdaddyo1972 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:50 am

I want to thank for posting this. I love this little pistol but that top finger groove just wasn’t working for me. After I added the Armalaser it was even worst. I ground down the finger grooves then added the hogue grip and it feels like this gun was made for my hands. I’ve also ordered a set of these to help get my pinky a little more room.
https://m.ebay.com/itm/SCCY-CPX-2-9mm-a ... iid%253A13

jedijay wrote:Well I am very pleased to say the least. My CPX-2 is now super comfortable. I had zero problems. Used the I file to take off the most of the plastic, and the emery paper for finishing touches. The Houge Handall Jr. rubber grip fit perfectly with no trimming. It clears the mag release and base plate perfectly. Honestly, IMO it looks great the texturing lines of the new grip almost match perfectly with that of the original on the grip and it completely covered the so called recoil holes in the backside of the original grip, which I did not care for. The rubber grip did also come with a finger groove that would have again been too small for my big fingers so I put it on upside down. The grip cost like $10 from amazon. Hope this helps you guys out there with big hands/fingers.

Bigdaddyo1972

Previous

Return to SCCY CPX-1, CPX-2, & CPX-3 Accessories