Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 2.0 IWB Holster

Forum for the discussion of SCCY CPX-1 & CPX-2 compact 9mm and CPX-3 subcompact .380 ACP pistol modifications, holsters, and other after-market items.

Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 2.0 IWB Holster

Postby waldreps » Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:21 pm

Just ordered a new Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 2.0 IWB holster. They tell me it will be 2 to 3 weeks until it ships. When it gets here, I'll post my thoughts on it.
waldreps

Re: Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 2.0 IWB Holster

Postby waldreps » Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:14 pm

I just got an email today telling me that my holster has shipped. That's exactly 2 weeks after I ordered it. I heard a lot about Alien Gear taking up to 8 weeks to ship the new Cloak Tuck 2.0. I guess they have gotten their production woes fixed. I think 2 weeks is very reasonable. I'll post more when I receive my holster.
waldreps

Postby Mrbone » Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:13 pm

2 weeks? Last time I ordered a holster, it was actually put together and shipped in 3 days. Hope it s super nice for that long of a wait!
Mrbone
Veteran Member

Postby getvicious » Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:43 pm

Alien Gear holsters have a good reputation. Let us know how you like yours after you've used it a while.
It's not the blast that kills you - It's the tumble to the bottom of the 800 foot crater.....
getvicious@yahoo.com
getvicious
Topic Moderator

Postby waldreps » Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:31 am

I got my holster today in the mail. So it was exactly 2 weeks and 2 days from when I ordered till it got to my door and that was with a holiday in between. I think that's a pretty reasonable turnaround time considering at one time they were 7 or 8 weeks out. I've read a lot of reviews and the turnaround time was always a negative. Looks like they've gotten that down to something reasonable now. The quality appears to be top notch and the gun fits good into the shell. I had to tighten the screws a little just to get a little more retention. I'm now just trying to adjust the cant, ride height, and location on my body. As far as price, it was $35.88 with $8.95 shipping for a grand total of $44.83. So far, I'm happy and will report back later. I'll be happy to answer any questions anyone has.
waldreps

Postby 777Driver » Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:32 pm

Glad you had a fair experience with Alien Gear. The bad reviews I read was enough for me to choose another. I bought a FoxX holster, $39 including shipping, at my door in 5 days. I'm very happy with it.
777Driver

Postby waldreps » Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:44 pm

So far the holster has been great. Very comfortable and no problems. 777Driver, the FoxX holster configured like my Alien Gear would have been $45.99 shipped. That holster doesn't have adjustable retention or swappable shells in case you want to use it for other guns either. The Alien Gear has both of those so I think it's a good deal. I've seen a few bad reviews and what they've said in their reviews doesn't fit my holster at all. I don't see how anyone could not like the Alien Gear holster but to each his own.
waldreps

Postby HootmonSccy » Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:39 pm

Pictures would be NICE!!
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson
HootmonSccy
Topic Moderator

Postby waldreps » Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:51 pm

I'll try to add some pics. Hopefully this works.
ImageImage
waldreps

Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 2 0 IWB Holster

Postby pearloficom » Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:00 am

I am thinking of ordering an Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 2 Holster for everyday carry. I usually carry a Glock 21 but I am a big guy 64 300lbs and the only place that is comfortable with such a big gun is at 3 Oclock. I currently use a Mitch Rosen ARG which I absolutely love and it has held up extremely well for 20 years, but I am always looking for something new to blow some hard earned cash on. Has anyone tried this holder out? Everything I read says it is incredibly comfortable and better than the Crossbreed version, but I also know that it is easy to create hype on the internet.

If anyone has had any experience with this holster? I would love to hear your feedback. Also if you carry a full sized auto IWB I would love to hear your holster of choice.

Thanks
pearloficom

Postby Griswald » Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:40 pm

I really like my Alien Gear holster.

Had to re-tighten all the fasteners once, but like anything, after a few uses it loosened up. No big deal.

The SCCY fits very well and the trigger is completely covered (very important for a non-safety firearm).

I carried in my car for 4 hours on a trip this summer and was not uncomfortable.
Griswald

Postby adapter » Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:43 pm

I am 6'2" 245, drive a semi for a living over the road. I've been carrying a Taurus. Pt99af daily for two months now at 4:00 position. It is very comfortable. A person has nothing to lose trying out alien gear product, just look at their guarantee.
I liked it so much that I ordered one for my nephew as a birthday present so he can carry his sig p-226 or p-290.(12.95 for additional shells. Also ordered a shell for my newly aquired cpx -2
adapter

Postby getvicious » Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:25 pm

adapter - Howdy and welcome from NC. Are you going to use your CPX for driving?
It's not the blast that kills you - It's the tumble to the bottom of the 800 foot crater.....
getvicious@yahoo.com
getvicious
Topic Moderator

Postby Ratso » Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:24 am

I've been carrying a Springfield XDS 45 in the original cloak tuck holster with the leather backing now for about a year. I carried for years before that with other IWB holsters but this one is by far the most comfortable and I forget that I'm even carrying most of the time. It also doesn't print under a t-shirt. Last weekend I bought a CPX-2 and ordered the two holster deal from Alien Gear. Two Cloak Tuck 2.0 holsters for two guns of your choice with shipping came to about $63. Great deal I think. Got one for the CPX-2 and one for a Glock 23.
Ratso

Postby fallequinox » Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:32 pm

I originally purchased the AG CloakTuck 2.0 for my XDM 4.5"

Later I purchased just the cover plates (which are interchangeable) for my CPX-2, Glock 19 and Glock 20. It is comfortable with all of them but of course with the CPX2 it is just so good you forget it's there.

I dig it.
fallequinox

Next

Return to SCCY CPX-1, CPX-2, & CPX-3 Accessories