practical carry

Forum for the discussion of SCCY CPX-1 & CPX-2 compact 9mm and CPX-3 subcompact .380 ACP pistol modifications, holsters, and other after-market items.

practical carry

Postby Cashley1 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:03 pm

When I was a teenager(aka young and stupid)I was convinced..probably by something I had seen in a movie that the gun to carry when I was old enough was a full size model 1911 in 45acp I held onto that beleif untill I turned 21 my dad took me to a shooting range where I could try several different guns in multiple calibers the first gun I reached for? You guessed it that full sized 1911 and guess what it was big and heavy and only held seven rounds and is probably the hardest gun to conceal on the market today.I did xfire the 1911 it was fun but heavy expensive and hurt to shoot much.1 year later I bought a 9mm springfeILD Xd subcompact I carried that gun for 7years and then per my doctors orders I lost 80lbs my butt is smaller my gut is gone my clithes fit better but that xd prints like yiu wouldn't beleive and with the lack of flab to hold it in place the weight drags my pants down fast forward to november 2014 I had been looking at various small autos for 6 months and I settled on the cpx-1 I can carry it comfortably and invisibly in a basic beltslide holster($30) wearing anything in my closet : I love this gun
Chase from ALABAMA
Cashley1

Re: practical carry

Postby getvicious » Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:14 pm

Howdy and welcome from NC. Glad you found us. Your comments reflect the comments I've seen made by others about how easy the CPX is to Conceal Carry compared to a full size pistol.
It's not the blast that kills you - It's the tumble to the bottom of the 800 foot crater.....
getvicious@yahoo.com
getvicious
Topic Moderator

Re: practical carry

Postby OldNorthState » Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:18 pm

Hey, 'vicious and parkerd... I haven't checked in lately, but it's good to see you both here. Cashley, good to have you here, too... welcome from NC.

Just going to add to the concealment comments by Cashley, you can obviously also experiment by switching over to the flat magazine butt plates on the CPX2, to help lessen the printing of the pinky extension plate. I like the longer grip provided by the extended version, and I've carried the piece with the extended mag plate all this time, but it does have that "sharp corner" that sometimes prints a good bit, depending upon holster choice and positioning. Also, I've noticed a small tendency - particularly when my hands are cold - for the seam between pinky extension and pistol grip to basically pinch the meat on my "pinky" where it curls around the front of the grip, but only upon firing. It doesn't leave any lasting damage, but it can be just enough to be distracting at times (again, mostly when my hands are cold and shriveled a bit). (I don't notice it so much in most combat or spec ops situations with the SCCY... :whist: )
"Capt. Redlegs Terrell and five men against Josey Wales... heh, heh, heh... "
OldNorthState

Return to SCCY CPX-1, CPX-2, & CPX-3 Accessories